ilovenudemods

Came for the tits, stayed for the story.
Donor
Apr 10, 2018
Meh... Too many 0000 in the version
I was just thinking the same thing. A nice flashy presentation, though. Exactly what one needs to do if they want to create another game that gets a lot of Patreon $$$ but never gets finished.

I think I'm getting a bit jaded, but I'm really just kind of tired of these "hardly a demo" projects. Don't get me wrong, I love it that people are creating new things, but why not take a few more months and add more content before releasing something like this? v0.005b? Really? Put in some work, then get the reward. That's how creating any sort of art is. Like many before it, this game has the potential to be great, if/when it actually gets finished. I won't hold my breath, but I will wish the dev a lot of luck and I hope they make it happen because they have passion for the story, not because of that sweet Patreon cash flow.

Review: As it stands this game is a 2/5 and is not worth the drive space. You've seen it done before and there's not a lot new that's brought to the table. The renders are better than a lot of games, and the skeleton of the game feels structured well, but there's just not enough content, too little in fact, and it feels annoying. Will check back in 4-6 months and see what's changed.

Reactions: serter31

pgXIII

Dec 26, 2017
So I only just started playing and I have just one question is there a way to be bisexual and not fully hetero or lesbian?

redle

Apr 12, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
v0.005b? Really?
Not sure what point you are trying to make about the version number. I know some have commented about the number of zeros, but really, that's just a useful trick to make sure computer sorting returns the intended order. If there are 3 versions numbered 0.5, 0.11, 0.341 the "order" of a sort varies depending on the rule set applied. It creates potential mix-ups. If instead it is 0.005, 0.022, 0.123... well then the sort works without any trouble (as in, the various rule sets that exist to determine sort order all will yield the same order for this second set).

As for the "early demos" asking for money, I typically agree with you. There are far too many people releasing next to nothing with no track record to show ability or intent. I do feel it's much more justified for this particular game though. This game already exists with quite a bit more content as a QSP game. This is just a remake (although will hopefully eventually gain more content as the original was never finished). The original has enough content to warrant a release in today's pay-before-it's-done mentality. So if one looks at it as a developer with an existing following continuing to ask for support, I've got no problems with it. Gotta start a new project sometime and people want to see what's being done even if there isn't much there yet.

ilovenudemods

Came for the tits, stayed for the story.
Donor
Apr 10, 2018

Not sure what point you are trying to make about the version number. I know some have commented about the number of zeros, but really, that's just a useful trick to make sure computer sorting returns the intended order. If there are 3 versions numbered 0.5, 0.11, 0.341 the "order" of a sort varies depending on the rule set applied. It creates potential mix-ups. If instead it is 0.005, 0.022, 0.123... well then the sort works without any trouble (as in, the various rule sets that exist to determine sort order all will yield the same order for this second set).

As for the "early demos" asking for money, I typically agree with you. There are far too many people releasing next to nothing with no track record to show ability or intent. I do feel it's much more justified for this particular game though. This game already exists with quite a bit more content as a QSP game. This is just a remake (although will hopefully eventually gain more content as the original was never finished). The original has enough content to warrant a release in today's pay-before-it's-done mentality. So if one looks at it as a developer with an existing following continuing to ask for support, I've got no problems with it. Gotta start a new project sometime and people want to see what's being done even if there isn't much there yet.
I think I stated my point pretty clearly regarding the version number. Devs should be putting more time into their projects before releasing bare bones onto Patreon. A 0.005 release is ridiculous. It's pointless downloading something that you can buzz through in 10 minutes or less and then making people wait months and months until you actual have something viable. It's cancerous behavior, and all you need to do to verify that is look at the ratio of unfinished to finished games. Hardly any devs are finishing anything because they don't have to. They can release minimal amounts of content and still get paid. They get money for excuses. Take a game like Curse of Pleasure, for example. Love RanneRo and his game, but we've been waiting on a .5 release for literally months now. It's one excuse after another and yet, month after month, he gets paid. I find all of it to be harmful to our community.

redle

Apr 12, 2017
A 0.005 release is ridiculous.
I understand your frustration with releases of games that have next to no content. Most of the time I am not interested in downloading anything in that state either. At the very least I want a clear warning label with the download telling me that there is next to nothing inside.

That said, I'll say what myself and others have said many times over, "Version numbers have absolutely no relationship to amount of content." A version number is not a percent completion of the project. A version number is simply a label to link a player's copy to a developer's copy. So if a player says, "Hey, X is broken in my game! I am playing version A45.7G9%11.*5f." The developer can say, oh, I can't seem to recreate the problem in the current release, but I do not remember ever intentionally fixing that. Let me check my records. Okay, that was A45.7G9%11.*5f was 3 releases ago. Let me open up my copy of that version. Yes, I see that problem there. And then can maybe figure out if a problem still exists or not.

This developer is absolutely NOT claiming with a v0.005 release that he is currently half of one percent complete with making his game. According to standard software versioning practices, v0.005 and v0.5 are exactly the same version.

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Guys, the versioning conversation is really off-topic. Either take it to PM or drop, please.

Thanks

Reactions: L7Bear

Drunk on life

Jan 16, 2017
Game loops while talking to jane after work.
The only option you can do is "I will come back later" but that pushes you back to the diner, and it is closing time, so you leave and the scene repeats, infinitely.
Here:

Ooga_Booga_

Jul 14, 2018
The game has potential to be something fun but it's a long way off.

1. Working out at the gym seems to have no effect on the characters stats.
  2. I got glitched between talking to Jane and bouncing back into the ice cream parlour (I got around this by loading a save, then leaving work early that day and speaking with Jane another day on the way to work)
  3. Next issue was the phone call from Jane coming in while working (as pointed out by others, the language of the conversation was Russian while I'm an English speaker, so no idea what they talked about), game froze at the point.
  4. I'd also like to point out there were other areas of the game preceeding this point where the text displayed was in Russian while trying to play the English version.
With these issues I've decided to hold of any further attempt to play it and have deleted it from my system, I'll check back after a few more releases and see if things are better.

Reactions: L7Bear and Fenix34

Orangutan

May 26, 2017
Game loops while talking to jane after work.
The only option you can do is "I will come back later" but that pushes you back to the diner, and it is closing time, so you leave and the scene repeats, infinitely.
Here:
Same thing here, i guess we should load save before or start a new game....

Belen

Apr 17, 2018
I'm not a math guy but look at this on a pie scale (%). Doesn't look very appealing, but potential.

Amedore

Jul 6, 2018
A game with potential. Reminds me the games of "Lessons of Passion". But there is way too much grinding at this point of the game. Any cheats?

Kir_Laurentis

Dec 2, 2017
Bright Past v0.005c

Change-log:
Fixed a bug with the phone.
Fixed a meeting with Jane after work
The telephone conversation was translated into English

Reactions: Amedore and UncleVT

ding1807

Jul 1, 2018
There you go, here is the full game with patch

Enjoy

redle

Apr 12, 2017
How do you change the MC's sexual orientation from hetero to bi/lesbian?
I would assume you'll need to interact and flirt with women quite a bit. But seeing as the game isn't really to the point of having interactions yet, let alone sexual content, you've probably got many months and versions before it becomes a possibility.

3.50 star(s) 79 Votes