RPGM Abandoned Briuna's Chronicles - HeroRise [v0.1.0] [BlackBarba]

3.50 star(s) 2 Votes

BlackBarba

Nov 1, 2017
patreon cover.jpg

Overview:
The story takes place in the continent of Briuna, more precisely in the kingdom of Olaron. In this kingdom the Order of the Illuminated, the main religion there, foresaw that evil forces are rising to take over the world, so a young nun named Mivinna was given the task to find the choosen by the gods, which is Linnora, a young and skilled berserker, who likes to fight wearing almost nothing. Follow the adventures of these two in their quest to save the world (and maybe finding some clothes for Linnora).​

Thread Updated: 2019-03-10
Release Date: 2019-03-10
Developer: BlackBarba -
Censored: No
Version: 0.1.0
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

DOWNLOAD
Win: - -

xort

Jun 1, 2017
I recall watching a video about pitching video games and what not to do.
1: We don't care about your world building or backstory.

"The story takes place in the continent of Briuna, more precisely in the kingdom of Olaron. In this kingdom the Order of the Illuminated, the main religion there, foresaw that evil forces are rising to take over the world "

I have no idea what Briuna is, I don't know the history of Olaron. The Order of the Illuminated is nothing to me.

How to write that as something someone cares about:

In the form of the buddy cop movie: She's a by the books nuns, (s)he's a wild and savage barbarian and together they are out to save the world. Watch as two cultures collide and a sexy adventure across a world torn apart by war.

Romantic Novel: A strong powerful warrior, a young and impressionable nun. In a world gone mad can they find their true feelings for each other? Will their love bloom on the battlefield? Can two girls love each other, or is that forbidden love?

An epic adventure: A brave barbarian warrior. A devote nun in service to god. Together they set out on a quest to save the world. Will the demon lord destroy them and the last chance of humanity to escape a million years of darkness?

Almighty

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2017
already a play for me just because of exhibitionist.

Yeah dev you got to have a sprite on screen pop up button in an exhibition game. Most games have it the A or Q key.

SuperMaxo

Nov 3, 2017
Version 1.0 very short, basically the battle mechanics and the introduction of the two main characters. [Currently, battles are ridiculously easy, especially as potions (and heal spells) heal characters completely.] Some potential, although too early to see whether the game is destined for greatness or will forever stay average.

@BlackBarba it would benefit your game if you had someone proofread your game, even at such an early stage.

Reactions: Boneca_S4B031r4

Xymma

Feb 14, 2018
Haven't tried this one yet(Probably going to wait till closer to that V1.0 release, or till it is labeled officially abandoned.) but looking at the preview screen I have to say, the character models are impressive. These models are reminiscent of early modern JRPG ones, which I always felt were more beautiful and full of life than that of modern western character models. (this is the main reason I take a pass on most games using 3d models.)

Definitely going to keep an eye on this one, even if the writing turns out to be bland, just having good 3D models makes this one worth a look IMO.

ILCjr

Dec 27, 2018
I recall watching a video about pitching video games and what not to do.
1: We don't care about your world building or backstory.

"The story takes place in the continent of Briuna, more precisely in the kingdom of Olaron. In this kingdom the Order of the Illuminated, the main religion there, foresaw that evil forces are rising to take over the world "

I have no idea what Briuna is, I don't know the history of Olaron. The Order of the Illuminated is nothing to me.

How to write that as something someone cares about:

In the form of the buddy cop movie: She's a by the books nuns, (s)he's a wild and savage barbarian and together they are out to save the world. Watch as two cultures collide and a sexy adventure across a world torn apart by war.

Romantic Novel: A strong powerful warrior, a young and impressionable nun. In a world gone mad can they find their true feelings for each other? Will their love bloom on the battlefield? Can two girls love each other, or is that forbidden love?

An epic adventure: A brave barbarian warrior. A devote nun in service to god. Together they set out on a quest to save the world. Will the demon lord destroy them and the last chance of humanity to escape a million years of darkness?
Even with the grammatical issues of your suggestions, I would be more drawn in by one of them over the one that was used.

Dan7777

Aug 7, 2017
Actually, it looks like it has good potential, just write a good story with content according to players and the context of the story, and you get a good game.

Personally I love the textures, this kind of art is new to me, so keep it up and good luck with your game. As long as you can enjoy it too, you may not feel any remorse at all.

PoyntFury

The Man With The Need To Breed
Donor
Dec 14, 2017
The art looks rather nice, honestly would have rather seen them in a fully animated game, they feel a little wasted in rpgm.

3.50 star(s) 2 Votes