VN Ren'Py Broken Promises [v0.34] [Light Cavalry]

3.60 star(s) 57 Votes

PhoenixRage23

May 24, 2020
At the rate of the updates with no sex yet might as well check back on the game in a few years to see it any h-scenes get added. Looks like the revamp of Chapter 1 and 2 took out a lot of images from before. Saw images from another site and kind of disappointed they aren't in the game anymore.

Last edited:

Jackie123

May 2, 2018
Absolute gem of a game hopfefully the dev keeps this going… would be a huge loss af an game if he does not

• Red Heart
Reactions: Zeeuss

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Just started reading the story. Problems:

1) plot: complete nonsense. He goes undercover, but he keeps his old phone number, so his old friend calls him out of the blue after so many years - and his answer is: "yeah, let's meet at our old café"?!?!? WTF

2) clothes: these young authors should realise there's a real life thing called "dress code". University deans don't wear shirts, and a police chief doesn't show people her belly button at work. What the hell.

(n)

Reactions: poeorfkd404

burbero

Jun 18, 2022
I remember the first version of this novel. 2 years have passed (time is a real bitch) and I think I'm one of the few people who liked the first version. It took a few reworks and a few updates afterwards, but that first chapter really impressed me. The writing was unnecessarily long and complex and I had trouble understanding it in some places, but it was a fascinating introduction, especially the Grace background and narration had a unique style. I still love this novel and have loved many others since, but that first instalment has stayed with me.

burbero

Jun 18, 2022
As a result of an oversight, the developer shared the update on patreon with the link visible. It was fixed after a few hours.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Well, IMHO the story has some serious plotholes regarding MC not instantly realising who Afina and her sister are (in chapter 3 beta version).

Anyway, the characters might need books, notebooks and pens while attending lessons. :whistle:

My 2 cents, of course.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Zeeuss

fifo5310

Feb 25, 2018
Broken Promises - Chapter 3.5 Status Report #1

What a month... At the beginning of October we released the final version of chapter 3 of Broken Promises, which contained new-new-new chapter 1 and fortunately the last change to the base of the game. Chapter 2 will be our ugly duckling for now but we don't want to stop everything to make another remake, after completing the game we will possibly update it (just in terms of rendering) but that's something for the veeeeery distant future.
This was a month of a lot of planning and studying for both of us. We are finally able to look to the future without worrying about some mistake at the beginning of the story, it is a huge relief to be able to move forward and bring so many planned things to the game. The next update has been in the works for days and what the future holds has me excited, exciting things are coming in chapter 3.5 for those who have waited patiently.
K: I've has been working quite a bit on DAZ, when i'm not at work or studying. I figured out a new lightning method which I plant to impliment to the game and so far so good. I've also improved the models textures, I rather show you instead the results, me and Zeus are happy.
Tianna_Selfie_Phone_PFP_Camera.png

Zeus_refrence_Selfie_Phone_PFP_Camera (3).png

Eveline_Selfie_Phone_PFP_Camera.png
Afina_Bored.png
I've also praticed on some animations and defiently getting there, i'm confident I'll get to a point where I can make a above average animation if I just keep practicing.
As now the base of the game is finally defined, we decided to make this version of the game public, we think it is fair for those who once gave up on the game due to the bad start and also fair to our patreons who already received this update about 1 month ago .
You can download the game for both Windows and MAC here:
Windows:

MAC:

Since today we have a public status report and scenes that we wouldn't want to spoil, just 2 previews today:
An important meeting.

All-in?

With all that said, we would like to thank you who have given us your continued support throughout these months, and to new players who like our game, if possible, support the project on Patreon or even by spreading the word, that It already makes our work worth it.
If you have any suggestions or encounter any annoying bugs while playing, let us know on our Discord server:
Stay safe and see you in 15 days!

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

Reactions: Uriiels
3.60 star(s) 57 Votes