VN Ren'Py Broken Promises [v0.34] [Light Cavalry]

3.60 star(s) 57 Votes

xXwankerXx

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2017
The hype's real, bois. Can't wait to see what happens in this Ch. Hopefully, there's one or two sex scenes included too for a more uhh... enjoyable experience.;)

Thanks for sharing the status report. Looking forward to playing the new update !!(y)

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: rKnight

hyuk_reaper

Sep 2, 2020

Release Dates + Changelog!

Hey!

All the animations have been rendered (and fixed) which has led to Chapter 3.5 being under testing and analysis for a few days. Everything is going smoothly here, since it is a chapter with many branches some code errors were expected but... so far everything is great.

Talking about the development of this chapter, man, it has been quite a journey. Our plans were to have released it a long time ago but well, we have no control over life. Being sick, college, irl work and other things have been real challenges in the last few months, but I believe that in this final stretch we were already dealing with all of this well, I myself didn't think we would release the chapter in August and look where we are!

And speaking of release dates, here is the release schedule:
2/8 - Mayor, Police Chief, Captain and Sergeant tiers!
9/8 - Detective tier!
16/8 - Officer tier!

And here is the changelog for Chapter 3.5:
changelog.png

It was the biggest and most challenging chapter so far, from writing the first scene to the last render, there were many lessons learned, especially in the animations area, where it was the first time we got our hands on... God, that was challenging.

You may have noticed that there is an item talking about new renders for the previous chapters, but don't worry, it's not a new remake coming. What happened is that while we were waiting for the animations to be ready (this took a few long days) we were reviewing the game and noticed that a specific scene from Chapter 1 didn't make sense in terms of scene composition, so we decided to change it and that took a long... 20 minutes. The other scene in question was just an adjustment to the brightness of the scene where you talk to Afina at the end of Chapter 1, for a rainy day it was too damn bright.

This was a very branching chapter, so I really recommend you play it more than once so you don't miss any information ;)

That's it for talking about the development of this chapter, our goal now is to work faster and more efficiently so that the next one comes out faster and with the same numbers, or higher, but....

In the end, this is just a developer cliché, so it's better to do than to talk.

Oh, I almost forgot, work on Chapter 4 has already started a few days ago!

See you on Friday!

- Light Cavalry
Status Report - Mini banner.png

Amemester

Oct 23, 2018

Release Dates + Changelog!

Hey!

All the animations have been rendered (and fixed) which has led to Chapter 3.5 being under testing and analysis for a few days. Everything is going smoothly here, since it is a chapter with many branches some code errors were expected but... so far everything is great.

Talking about the development of this chapter, man, it has been quite a journey. Our plans were to have released it a long time ago but well, we have no control over life. Being sick, college, irl work and other things have been real challenges in the last few months, but I believe that in this final stretch we were already dealing with all of this well, I myself didn't think we would release the chapter in August and look where we are!

And speaking of release dates, here is the release schedule:
2/8 - Mayor, Police Chief, Captain and Sergeant tiers!
9/8 - Detective tier!
16/8 - Officer tier!

And here is the changelog for Chapter 3.5:
View attachment 3886835

It was the biggest and most challenging chapter so far, from writing the first scene to the last render, there were many lessons learned, especially in the animations area, where it was the first time we got our hands on... God, that was challenging.

You may have noticed that there is an item talking about new renders for the previous chapters, but don't worry, it's not a new remake coming. What happened is that while we were waiting for the animations to be ready (this took a few long days) we were reviewing the game and noticed that a specific scene from Chapter 1 didn't make sense in terms of scene composition, so we decided to change it and that took a long... 20 minutes. The other scene in question was just an adjustment to the brightness of the scene where you talk to Afina at the end of Chapter 1, for a rainy day it was too damn bright.

This was a very branching chapter, so I really recommend you play it more than once so you don't miss any information ;)

That's it for talking about the development of this chapter, our goal now is to work faster and more efficiently so that the next one comes out faster and with the same numbers, or higher, but....

In the end, this is just a developer cliché, so it's better to do than to talk.

Oh, I almost forgot, work on Chapter 4 has already started a few days ago!

See you on Friday!

- Light Cavalry
View attachment 3886843
Did I just win?

3.60 star(s) 57 Votes