Brothel King - Girl packs and Mods Collection

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
How often will the game use images that are tagged with both "Naked" + "Panties" and in what scenarios?
Never. 'Panties' is an extended tag that's outside the scope of the game (currently). A lot of the extended tags were added to support the tool developer's (Ch12) ideas, possibily for other games, including his own secret project.

In short, if it's an extended tag, chances are it's not used in the game. There are some notable exceptions, like 'market', the three location tags and the frequency tags.

I'm sure Leortha has better advice.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
So will the tag just be ignored for the foreseeable future...
This.

You can definitely add these extra tags, and maybe some game will use them at one point. Possibly even BK. But right now, it's extra work for no benefit.

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
You can definitely add these extra tags, and maybe some game will use them at one point. Possibly even BK. But right now, it's extra work for no benefit.
I tag WYSIWIG (What You See Is What You Get). This includes the extended tags. That way my packs are tagged nice for potential future games. You just need to keep in mind for the extended tags that 1) they are not used by the current game, and 2) we have no way of knowing how their use will be defined in the future. So put those together and it's not worth putting too much concern into whether you are using them "correctly".

KrunkFunk

Nov 4, 2021
If you like sharing this is great. I usually use these small packs to motivate me to complete packs myself. Sometimes not wanting to bother making one but if I see a girl that has half or more done with tags, I usually get animated to complete it myself.

Also having a thumbnail preview like Leortha on here and on your download repo is best for us that have no idea who the girl is, just an opinion. I got some girls I have no clue who they are just that they looked cute to me.
Alright, sounds good. Most of the packs that have very little in the way of pics are girls that just simply don't get a lot of art for them. I did one for Hana Midorikawa from Prison School and it's just a show that not a lot of people have watched. Same happened with Saeko from High School of the Dead and Perona from One Piece. I found all I could for them that were decent but if people will download 'em I'll put 'em in a folder marked Unfinished or maybe Insufficient.

Also, I'll try to remember the thumbnail pic for future uploads.

KrunkFunk

Nov 4, 2021
Been waiting for a new and/or updated Samus pack for quite some time now. If you'd like, I'll give you proper feedpack after I'm done with it. ^^
Nice, I put a lot of work into that pack, I even edited a lot of the videos in it, cutting them to a nice length for looping and space saving. A lot of the packs I've made have videos like that and I'll likely redo some of my early packs since I've learned how to cut the videos down to size.

EchoEater

Feb 15, 2018
I tag WYSIWIG (What You See Is What You Get). This includes the extended tags.
In that case, do you have any advice for using the "Panties" tag? Especially for when you use the "Naked" + "Panties" tags to indicate half-nakedness versus when you just use the "Naked" tag?

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
Technically "half naked" is meaningless in this game. A character is either naked or they are not. I do not tag for half naked.

The loss of the old forum wiped away a series of posts I did on choices of what pics to keep or delete, but one thing I covered there is that, if I have a series of pics clothed, topless, bottomless, and fully nude, I will generally toss the half naked ones, because they serve no purpose on their own, and all useful tag combinations are covered by the clothed and nude pics. A half naked pic (either way) and a fully nude pic would get the same set of (non-extended) tags, and the fully nude pic is IMHO better then the half nude pics. Maybe if I have a girl with only very limited choices of R34 I would use them, but usually I have enough that that is not needed. I will add that I only toss them when I have a fully nude option from the same set. If a topless pic is the only one I have like it, then I definitely keep it.

As for the "panties" tag, I often use it for panty-shot pics. And yeah, if it is the only thing she is wearing I may tag it, but that would be because of WYSIWYG, not because I'm trying to signal half nakedness. But being a extended tag it's a lower priority tag, and I often enough just forget to even set it.

__neronero

Jan 23, 2021
Also consider using the "libido" tag (without "naked") for half-nakedness - then it'll only show up in game when a girl's libido is high enough. Ideally her nipples should also still be obscured, otherwise you get into a grey area where the game might as well consider her "naked" rather than "half-naked".

FWIW if I'm ever going to use the "panties" tag in a mod, it would probably be a "Show me your panties!" event where the panties are supposed to be prominently displayed, rather than incidentally being a part of the image.

cosmonight19

Nov 1, 2021
tried making a pack for komi shouko, ended up not liking her art enough other than a small handful. tried making a pack for tokisaki kurumi, got bored of looking at her after only 20 pages. tried making a pack for shinobu kochou and managed to collect all the images in one day, spent four hours tagging then... the picture renaming tool just. crashed. 200 images away from the end. that's never happened to me before so idk what happened but the wind has been taken out of my sails after spending all day on it so i'm just uploading the untagged folder to my mega if someone else wants to pick it up.

protip: don't look at her r34 tag. it's got some of the worst guro i've ever seen.

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
There is a solution for this. Before you even start tagging, switch the tool to Browse mode, then click the button to cycle all pics. The tool will go through loading every pic, and if any have issues with loading it will crash the cycle. You can then see exactly what pic is the problem, and deal with it. Wash, rinse, repeat. Do not start actually tagging until you get a complete cycle without any crashes.

Before this cycle option was added I would regularly Commit changes every 50-100 pics, just to minimize the amount of loss if I hit a bad pic. The tool also has a system to remember changes from before a crash, but it does not work all the time. Worth a try to enter the tool once more after the crash to at least see if it remembers any of your tags.

Reactions: Jman9 and Araminth

cosmonight19

Nov 1, 2021
responded to Leortha on the HHS forums already but i should mention, if nobody's desperate enough for a shinobu kochou pack to tag it themselves i will get back to it eventually it just won't be until after i've made a few other girl packs to give my mind a reset on the shinobu images

Araminth

Jun 1, 2017
Most crashes I've had were because the tool was trying to load a pic with insanely high resolution so you could also do a batch resize on all pics before making the pack, putting everything below at least 8000x8000 for example. And thanks Leortha for that tip, wasn't aware I could do that at all!

Athilora

Apr 13, 2018
Nice, I put a lot of work into that pack, I even edited a lot of the videos in it, cutting them to a nice length for looping and space saving. A lot of the packs I've made have videos like that and I'll likely redo some of my early packs since I've learned how to cut the videos down to size.
I have tested your Lara Croft pack pretty thoroughly (I think) and the pack seems pretty high quality. I'd personally love to see more consistency with the body types used in pics rather than a larger variety of art but it is still an exquisite pack. Graded 1-10 I'd give it an 8. Honestly, a pack without using the ini file (special events etc) needs to be pretty spectacular to get a ten from me. And as I said I'd appreciate body concistency. But don't be disheartened by the 8 as most packs I use are 5-7 making your Lara pack one of the best ones I've used.

Where it comes to your Samus Aran pack, I just acquired her and will give you actual feedback on the pack once I'm through testing her thoroughly.

Reactions: KrunkFunk

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
Most crashes I've had were because the tool was trying to load a pic with insanely high resolution so you could also do a batch resize on all pics before making the pack, putting everything below at least 8000x8000 for example. And thanks Leortha for that tip, wasn't aware I could do that at all!
Yeah, this is far from a new issue. We went through a number of discussion cycles on this in the past on the old BR forum. The "Cycle all pics" option was one of the best solutions that was come up with. Unfortunately, since the pics are flat out crashing Ren'py, it's not possible to gracefully recover from it. But the cycle option puts the crash into a mode where no work is lost to the crash, and you are able to relatively quickly isolate out any and all pics that are causing crashes.

__neronero

Jan 23, 2021
Is there is pack with just basic designated sex act pics/vids without faces or anything? Would love one so I could only edit portraits.
Yes, it comes with the game. If you create an incomplete girlpack, then the game will use the 'faceless' default images in /game/default/ for anything it can't find.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Only if you allow 'stock images' in the preferences. Otherwise, you'll be seeing your single profile pic for ever and ever.

Reactions: __neronero

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
Just a question, is there a place to request girl packs? Or at least recomendations? Without deadlines of course, after all it's still work people do. I wasn't even thinking about that, just to reafirm it.

Sure there are girls who may be my favorites, but probably don't have enough pics for that, so I won't mention them for now. But I find it odd that some Love Live girls already have packs and others don't, taking into account the popularity of the series. Not my favorite series, but may please some.

There may be other popular series without packs, but since Love Live already has packs in game, it is the easiest example I remember at the moment.

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes