Brothel King - Girl packs and Mods Collection

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Jdozer

Feb 21, 2019
Also do webp conversion as basically last step (I do it before I start tagging, so tagging tool is working with smaller file sizes). Wanted to add something I started doing recently, as well. There is a bulk image resizer you can find online (bulkresizephotos).

In the interest of keeping overall pack file size as small as possible, and because the game doesn't display above like ~1300 IIRC, I grab anything showing more than ~3mb file size, and bulk resize it to be "longest side: 1300". Keeps the aspect ratio the same, so you won't get any stretching/warping, but cuts the file size down considerably (you can also choose to output as JPG, which should be smaller than PNGs, so that helps a bit while you are working through the files before you convert to webp down the line).

Reactions: DougTheC

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
In the interest of keeping overall pack file size as small as possible, and because the game doesn't display above like ~1300 IIRC, I grab anything showing more than ~3mb file size, and bulk resize it to be "longest side: 1300".
I don't think anything but background images (which a girl pack doesn't have) actually goes above ~1000 pixels if you use the default resolution.

Also, XnConvert has the ability to add pre-conversion transforms, including one that can only reduce+fit images down to whatever size you want.

Reactions: Jdozer

Jdozer

Feb 21, 2019
Also, XnConvert has the ability to add pre-conversion transforms, including one that can only reduce+fit images down to whatever size you want.
Been using a diff img converter, so had to use a separate resizer, but good to know for folks using Xn.

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
... (you can also choose to output as JPG, which should be smaller than PNGs, so that helps a bit while you are working through the files before you convert to webp down the line).
But as I see docs that PNG is lossless output, it could guard against losing quality by the interim JPG (lossy) stage.

Reactions: __neronero

Earliestbird

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2020
As for mass image conversion, I use XnConvert.
XnConvert is so good, it remembers the last settings so you can just drag the images in and bam it converts it quick and easy. For bulk video/animation conversions I use Leapic Media Converter (after cutting them down online with ezgif if needed). LMC is very lightweight with not a huge number of features, but it gets the job done perfectly (bulk convert with settings regarding file extension, resolution, bitrate, FPS and audio).

Reactions: Jman9

Anarys

Aug 1, 2020
The girl pack updates are done, I'll be uploading them over the next few days (if the Mega-Gods bless the kilobytes per second).

- Every girl pack received a special trait you can unlock, each of them unique and based on the girl's lore
- The Menagerie has opened! Test your most powerful girls in this three-level arena, featuring a completely new battle system, increasing rewards, and story / flavor text for each level.
- Every girl pack has been updated with new images and/or animations

Far as balance is concerned, right now the Menagerie should be very difficult for relatively small amount of rewards. I mainly wanted to accomplish three things with it: 1) experiment with a battle system with more depth than simple dice rolls 2) add some extra stuff to do later in the game 3) make use of Farm pictures without having to send girls away.

There's probably better ways to implement this, but coding is not my forte so this the extent of what I can do. Maybe just getting the idea out there would inspire someone in the future.

Edit: uploading is finished, have fun testing this unbalanced monstrosity
How do I unlock The Menagerie? Is it dlc?

Anarys

Aug 1, 2020
As I recall it's one of the extra interactions, no need to unlock anything. Might be rough on a newbie girl, though.

Of course it's DLC, you're downloading the girl pack, arent't you? :p
Ok, but where is it exactly?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
By following installation instructions for earliestbird555's packs. This is one of several interactions available to his girls, and only his girls. And it's a little sensitive to path names.

Reactions: Anarys

Earliestbird

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2020
Thank you for showing me. Unfortunately, I don't have "Have some special fun" as an option for my girls. How do I unlock this?
There's a Readme file in my mega folder.

Basically, do not rename or change the structure of the girlpack folder that you download from my mega. That's pretty much it. Ingame you should interact with the girl, go under the "misc" tab, and click the "Have some special fun" button (costs 3 energy).

No mods needed, no settings changed, very simple. Only works for my packs. (But if other pack creators want to use the code or improve it for their own packs, feel free to do it.)

Reactions: Anarys and Jman9

Anarys

Aug 1, 2020
There's a Readme file in my mega folder.

Basically, do not rename or change the structure of the girlpack folder that you download from my mega. That's pretty much it. Ingame you should interact with the girl, go under the "misc" tab, and click the "Have some special fun" button (costs 3 energy).

No mods needed, no settings changed, very simple. Only works for my packs. (But if other pack creators want to use the code or improve it for their own packs, feel free to do it.)
Yes, I didn't realize it was exclusive to your girls. Now I understand. Thank you. :)

cosmonight19

Nov 1, 2021
finally found the time to make a new pack. not suuuper happy with the results but that's mostly due to the fact that like 90% of her art is her in a swimsuit at the beach leading to some... intentional inconsistencies in the tagging. mostly taking the beach tag off of things to increase training variety. also expect a lot of swimsuit images. just all of the time.

Name: Sasaki Saren
Universe: Princess Connect!
Pics: 787
Type: Video Game
Pack Rating: A+

profile freq_high (00001).jpg

Reactions: Sialo

__neronero

Jan 23, 2021
whats the trait king mod? what does it do?

The Trait King mod expands Brothel King's traits system to make each girl feel more unique. If you pluck a random girl off the street to work in your brothel, there's more variety in her starting traits and more uncertainty about how she might develop in the future.

Reactions: Anarys and Jman9
4.00 star(s) 2 Votes