Brothel King - Girl packs and Mods Collection

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
2. That also remind me, how the Cosplay tags (Student, Santa, Catgirl, etc.) work?
Are those modifiers, or work alone? Where are they used (or planned to be used) in the Game?

Most of them are not planned for use in the game. A lot of the Extended tag set was added to better cover common things in pictures for theoretical futurue use. Maybe in BK, maybe in another game. A couple of people have talked about building their own, different games that will use the BK girl packs.

So given that they do not have any specific planned use, it's hard to call them modifiers. So I tend to treat them as their own thing. That said, since I'm tagging for BK, not a theoretical future game, I try to make sure that every pic I include has a place in the current game. So while these tags may not be modifiers, I generally use them as additions on top of the tags that actually mean things for the current game. So I would never include a pic that was only tagged "Catgirl", for instance. "Profile Catgirl" maybe.

Reactions: GH20

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
> Is there any modifier tag to make Profile pics appear on the farm exclusivelly? Cause i found this pic, which would really fit with it.
Tho, i could maybe use it as "profile + nature" too.

Pics will only appear on the farm if they include one of the four key farm tags. Big, Machine, Monster, or Beast. And if you use either of the latter two the pic will never appear outside the farm.

Remember that it's no longer really a "farm" in the traditional sense, but is now a sexual training center.

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
> PD: Oh, and also, if anyone else uses or plans to use Pixiv to make their packs, i warn you that, for some reason, the tag tool recognize the "master" from preview-quality pics as "masturbate", which was a problem with this pack, since i finish with 230 picks with an extra "masturbate" tag for it.

That kind of thing is why I always generic the file names in in-progress packs well before they reach the namer tool.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Here comes another request for tagging, so... what about modifier tags for "good" and "bad" perfomances on work pics?
New tag requests are best handled on the HHS forum, in the tagging tool thread. But the big thing with new tags is that the game already has a lot of tags, so adding something that'll be used only rarely (how many characters even have clear-cut 'success' and 'failure' images?) is bad from a tagging fatigue POV.

What do you think about using things like Doujin/Magazine-like Portraits, or these kind of pictures for "Advertisement"'?
Advertising in-game is meant to be your girls taking the roles of the advertising babes, not more indirect forms of advertising. Manga/Doujin pictures are kinda unsuitable for most game situations, too. But there's no hard rule against using them, either.

Does the "Futanari" tag is when the girl has a dick, or when she is being fucked by a dickgirl?
No idea. The game usually has tags depict what happens to the girl, but I can see it go either way.

Is the "Lesbian" tag a modifier (meaning, that should i mix it with Service, Sex, etc.), or it's her own Thing?
We had this discussion a little while ago, and there was no clear conclusion. From a BK-centric POV, probably a modifier tag, but proper lesbian pictures are difficult to categorise that way. E.g., is tribadism 'sex' or 'service'? Do dildos wielded by the other girl count, and do they count 'more' than usual? Etc.

Is there any modifier tag to make Profile pics appear on the farm exclusivelly?
The farm has no profile pictures, currently. The closest to a 'farm profile' situation is the 'obedience' holding action. Unfortunately, vanilla BK does not distinguish between 'farm' and 'non-farm' pictures for obedience training. :(

I wanted to add some extra farm minion pics (without replacing the default ones), but they never showed up in-game.

So... it's there something in the coding that limits the pics of minions to only the defaults ones?
Yes, this (in BKfarm.rpy, around line 180):
Code:
        def get_random_pic(self):

d = str(dice(3))
As you can see, the game is 'hardcoded' to only accept three pictures for all minions. You'll either have to recode this, or change the '3' and add sufficiently many pictures to all minion types.

My mod changed half of the minion pictures and added some more, so you can take a look at it, if you wish.

I have been looking some of the latest packs, and i noticed very few use specific settings for thei BK.ini
Tagging fatigue. Coming up with a good set of stats, probable traits, sexual preferences, etc that fit the character's personality is not easy and can take another hour or two. Most people just move onto more sexy pictures. :sneaky:

Finally, i decided to use the WebP conversion tool from the BK forum, using most of the default configurations, but with a 80 quality factor (instead of the recomended 85, mostly because i preffer round numbers).
I favour XnConvert, which has most of the same functionality as Chris's tool, but can perform various transformations as well (mirroring, downscaling, filters, cropping, etc). Others have different preferences.

I think you can go as low as even 50 without significant downgrades. 70 is usually the lowest I use, which is still near-indistinguishable unless you've got some weird sort of 'perfect vision'. 90 is where you get your big space savings with almost no quality drop.

Weird question since BK packs use plenty of copyrighted material, but is it "allowed" to make your own game using those art assets? Just a free game with patreon for development support.
Well, pack makers aren't affiliated with Goldo, so I don't see why not. The art isn't theirs anyway...

Last edited:

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
It took me lesser than I thought, even thanks to Jman suggestions and MonkOne's mod (King's Way); instead of making a new trainer from scratch I decided to update King's Way for BK 0.2, adding a few cheats like get 12 new girls in slave market, and tweaking some UI elements.

To install unzip it into /game/mods folder, then open the game and click on "Mods", activate King's Way and start to play (make a new game or load a save, it's working for both cases).

If you don't see a message saying the mod is activated, press "H" shortcut, it should trigger the activation. Next, click on BK help button and select "Mods", you will see a few buttons which turn the cheat bar on/off.

The cheat bar will appear in the bottom left corner by default (but you can set a different position if you like), click on "+" button and it will expand the cheat bar; clicking on "-" will collapse it again.

Enjoy :giggle:

D

Deleted member 841602

Question (its not in an offensive meaning): why WEBP? isnt that google shit? there is no big difference only that google holds the rights on it. in my opinion that format is made for n00bs because no one can remember all the different picture formatting. whats the advantage of WEBP? or is it really the better format? can someone please tell me ^^

__neronero

Jan 23, 2021
Question (its not in an offensive meaning): why WEBP? isnt that google shit? there is no big difference only that google holds the rights on it. in my opinion that format is made for n00bs because no one can remember all the different picture formatting. whats the advantage of WEBP? or is it really the better format? can someone please tell me ^^
I used to be confused by it as well (how can it be any good if you need to download a plugin to open it in photoshop!) But it really is the better format. The only real downside of WEBP is lack of support (in image editing software, in operating systems, in image-comparing and resizing software that taggers use)

It has all the advantages of JPG and PNG rolled into one (smaller filesizes and alpha transparency support) and has much better compression algorithms on top of that, whether you're saving lossless or lossy. So that's better quality and smaller filesizes for girl packs.

If I remember correctly some tests were also done to compare Brothel King's loading times with WEBP vs the other formats, and WEBP was a vast improvement there as well. PNGs were especially disasterous for the loading times.

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
The only real downside of WEBP is lack of support (in image editing software, in operating systems, in image-comparing and resizing software that taggers use)
And I get around that issue by doing all my pack prep in other formats, and converting to WEBP as almost the last step before releasing a pack. And I keep a copy of each pack in the other formats in case I have to do any revision at a later date.

For me the issue is all about size. WEBP is handled by Ren'py well enough, is good enough for the game, and is much, much smaller. For makers like me who are very limited in Mega storage space, it's a life-saver to store at a much smaller size footprint.

Also, as a collector of R34 imagery myself, I keep in mind that I am not releasing packs for the sake of other collectors. I'm releasing for the game. I do not need to be releasing images at a quality level that would make a collector happy, but at a level that will make game players happy. WEBP accomplishes that.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
in my opinion that format is made for n00bs...

whats the advantage of WEBP? or is it really the better format?
You're not actually very wrong here. The two big advantages of WebP are transparency without huge size and simplicity: handling/converting one file format when you need to do so for hundreds of images may be 'n00b', but it's also way faster and more convenient.

As far as actual size comparisons go, WebP is miles better than PNG, no questions asked. But whether it's better than JPG seems to be not as clear-cut. I recall doing some experiments, and basically it depends on the picture. But nobody is going to test 500 pictures individually to see whether they can squeeze out another 30kB per image by not converting. Thus the all-WebP packs.

And WebP does indeed seem to behave better in BK/Ren'Py as well.

GH20

Feb 21, 2020
Guys i have a doubt here:

I'm on the latest steps of tagging my pack, and i wanted to see how my pack rating was.
The tagging tool says my pack is already A+.
akai1.PNG
But the game (v0.2) says my pack is still B+.
akai2.PNG
(PD: Ignore the "972 pics", 300+ are still untagged, low-res duplicates and LOTS of swinsuit pics i don't know how to include for "beach events" without being used for massause or public)

In those cases... Who should i trust better to know my pack's rating? The Tagging Tool, or the Game itself?

Edit: Oh, and also, any idea how could i tag pics of "Cowgirls"?
And NO, i don't mean the sexual position, i mean cowgirl cosplays like this one:
_UNTAGGED (00069).jpg
I was thinking on "libido cosplay", or maaaybe something for the farm, but i still want suggestions/corrections.
(Since this is the year of the Ox, many Artists went a bit crazy with this kind of images, so that's why i ask)

Last edited:

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Can't say much about different rating between tag tool and game, are there any other similar cases around? About the pic you can tag it as cosplay libido happy, it's the most appropriate tagging for it in my opinion.

D

Deleted member 841602

thank you for ur answers guys. thats interesting to get another perspective. at least its better for the game so keep it WEBP for that is my conclusion in this case. nice nice :)

__neronero

Jan 23, 2021
I'm on the latest steps of tagging my pack, and i wanted to see how my pack rating was.
The tagging tool says my pack is already A+.
But the game (v0.2) says my pack is still B+.
Since GH20 is also on HHS, he might've seen the resulting investigation there already - but I figured I'd share it here for those who are interested.

The answer is that this is most likely due to changes in the tagging library, such as the addition of "cunnilingus".
The game's rating should always be leading, the tagging tool (normally) tries to reflect the game's rating accurately, but in this case some changes are required.

Reactions: GH20 and Jman9

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
New pack released.

Name: Pikachu-girl
Universe: Pokemon
Pics: 368
Type: Anime/Video game

Notes: Furry. This set is specifically made up of images of Pikachu in a humanoid form. Anthropomorphic Pikachu.

profile cosplay (00005).png profile cosplay (00004).jpg

Reactions: Kite80

Oboe

Nov 17, 2019
Attached is a reconstruction, as best I can do, of kite80's original 5.1 trainer. It has AFAICT, all the girl and brothel commands, and most of the MC commands.

I will post my highly modded 5.1x as well.

• Wow
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: DougTheC and Jman9
4.00 star(s) 2 Votes