Brothel King - Girl packs and Mods Collection

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Wenth don't give up because of someone's harsh judgements, I was just like you when I started to follow BK and make my packs, learning ren'py from 0 (and still having a lot to learn) and figuring out how tags worked. Feel free to make your packs, choose characters you like, test your packs and don't be afraid to ask for advice ;-)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Wenth

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
making packs is a closed circle and i was insulted in the forum because, and i'm here to learn, that was mediocre. I was upset
...rude against news arrivals.
When were you insulted? In private messages? Because all I can see from your public record is you inviting criticism and Leortha providing it, with nothing even vaguely insulting anywhere. o_O

There was a brief (and non-flattering :cautious: ) discussion of your ability as a pack maker on the other forum, but you did invite criticism yourself... If you can't take any, just state it outright and everyone will gladly ignore your mistakes. Maybe no-one will use your packs (for long), either, but that's the way it is with free content.

As an aside, this also shows that making packs for BK is not a 'closed circle'. There are people who do that here, and there are others over at HHS, and the overlap is not too great.

The 'naked' tag is Leortha's personal pet peeve (and mine as well), but not everyone gets so worked up about it. That being said, it is still probably the most dangerous tag of all, and you'd do well to study Leortha's comments again.

Reactions: aren117

Earliestbird

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2020
i was insulted in the forum because, and i'm here to learn, that was mediocre.
Really? I'm a fairly new pack maker and I haven't had a single person (other than Leortha) give any feedback, positive or negative. Not a single word. I don't really mind since I started making packs for myself, but I'm pretty curious how many people are using my packs, if any.

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
Let me try to write up my view of the "Naked" tag in one spot. I've said repeatedly that it is the single most complicated tag in the game. I will also note that there are some distinctly different viewpoints among the packmakers and outspoken game players as to exactly what level of nudity would qualify for the tag. So the following is just my opinion on the matter.

First I will note that one of the things that complicates the tag is that it works in three different ways given what other tags it is with. The three are 1) Normal use, 2)use with a sex act tag, and 3) use with a farm tag.

Naked is a modifier tag. It is meaningless by itself. Instead it is used to modify when the pic will appear given the other tags on the pic.

I'll start with the last, since the first is the most complicated.

3) For Farm use, Naked is effectively a sex act of it's own. The scary elf lady actively trains in enduring nakedness. (Group and Bisexual are also sex act tags when in farm settings) In this specific case it is not a modifier tag. "Beast Naked.jpg" is perfectly valid. Beast says it's a bestiality farm pic, and Naked says to use it in that setting for Naked training.

2) Outside of the farm, if any of the four core sex act tags are used, the game automatically acts as if the Naked tag is present, whether or not it actually is. End result for this is that "Naked Sex.jpg" and "Sex.jpg" will function identically in the game. The Naked tag is pointless and redundant in combination with any of the four sex act tags (Sex, Anal, Service, and Fetish)

1) Ignoring for the moment the issue of what level of nakedness qualifies for the Naked tag. For it's use, with some exceptions it means that the pic should be used when the game expects the girl to appear naked. This comes up in Nakedness training, but also once you reach the point of being able to tell the girl to stay naked all day or all the time. (Or she's a Naturist.)

I tend to, in my mind, work like there is a scale. Normal < Libido < Naked. Normal is regular pics. No tag for that. Libido is for pics that are getting a bit sexy, but she's not at the point of actually being naked. Finally Naked is for pics where she is showing herself. I'll note that the game makes a big deal about the effort it takes to get her to the point of being willing to show skin. Thus it's also a big deal to me to not have pics without the Naked tag when what is shown should not be happening in the context of the game. If she is waitressing while topless, that should be Naked, or the pic will get used at other times.

So, finally the issue of what qualifies as enough nakedness. And I'll say again, there are definitely some divided views on this issue. Ultimately, as a pack maker, you need to decide where you draw the line yourself.

For me, I tend to go by what was in the BK Name tool's tool-tips for a long time. If the image is showing tits, pussy, or asshole of the girl, it qualifies as Naked. Note that if tits are showing, but covered with thin cloth, I'll often tag Libido instead of Naked. Remember that Naked is about the state of mind of the girl. In that she's being sexy, but still is technically covered, even if nothing is left to the imagination.

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
PS : I'm not a native english speaker, so it's not easy to understand all the informations !
I think a big part of the reason people had issues before was not that you were making mistakes, but that you did not appear to be learning from the feedback you were given. You continued to make the same mistakes in additional packs. That is why people were dismissing your packs. If you were learning from your mistakes, that would not have happened.

The language issue gives some reasoning for that. But there is also a communication issue. Each bullet point I gave had meaning. Each was there to give you information of how to make your next pack better. If you don't understand a given point, say so! Please. You can see that I'm willing to type out walls of text. I (and likely others here) would be willing to work point by point through things to try to help you understand them.

I would suggest that you make another pack, submit it here, and I'll go through it again. And I'll again give a bullet-point list of issues. Then, as you read that list, give feedback to the feedback. If something does not make sense, ask about it. Then, when you think you understand the list of issues, go through your pack and fix them. Do not move on to another pack until you get a better understanding of the reasons people were critical of your pack.

I'm absolutely willing to put the time and effort into critiquing packs. But I do it out of a hope to ending up with more good pack makers. Previously it appeared like you were ignoring that critique and just moving forward. The language barrier can be tough. But this time let's try to work past that.

GH20

Feb 21, 2020
Ok, i have been reading some heated discourse about the "Quality" for WebP conversion on the main BK forum.

And since i'm way more familiar here than there, i want to ask to the WebP users, what level of "Quality" do you preffer?

Here are the settings i was planning to use for my Haachama pack. (which uncompressed is right now over 1GB)
qual.PNG

On other things, i will close my holopack poll tomorrow at 9:00am - PE time. (little more than 10 hours from now)
Last time reposting the poll, cause the winner so far is someone i cAn't post here:

Finally, any idea what tags could i give to these kind of images?
_UNTAGGED (00026).png _UNTAGGED (00022).jpg
I was planning to give them the "Dirty" tag, specially since this kind of "dirty play" would fit with Haachama's cooking theme.
Same goes for any image that involve the use of food elements during foreplay/pre-sex.

The same question, but now for images that use Body Writing, like some "Public WC" images.
Which i think to go for some "public + sub" combination, but wonder what you guys recomend?

Oh, and i finished this small thing i was making for my packs releases.
cardtemplate.PNG

That's all!

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
New pack released.

Name: Monca Rambeau (Too many superhero names to list)
Universe: Marvel Heroes
Pics: 164
Type: Superhero

Ok. I'm likely going to switch over to finalizing packs soon, but I wanted to get this pack out before the finale of Wanda-Vision. Monica is involved in events in the show, and so this is a timely pack.

dancer (00004).jpg profile (00056).jpg

Reactions: Kite80

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
Finally, any idea what tags could i give to these kind of images?
Both could definitely take the Fetish tag. They are both foot fetish pics along with the chocolate sauce.

Second image could take the Bondage tag given all the ribbons.

Both also could serve as a last resort Footjob tag. Only do this if you have no actual footjob pics in the existing R34. I just did this with the Monica Rambeau pack. There does not exist any footjob pics of her, but there do exist a couple of nice foot fetish pics so I used those instead of letting the game pick a profile pic or whatever it's second/third/etc choice logic picks.

Reactions: GH20

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
I agree with Leortha, we can include foot fetish pics in the footjob tag if there is lack of proper footjob pics for a girl; dirty tag refers more to sex on the floor or in dirty places like toilets, if the girl is covered by chocolate I'd think more fo a naked waitress or a libido pic

Reactions: GH20 and Metalmania

aren117

Mar 17, 2019
I agree with Leortha, we can include foot fetish pics in the footjob tag if there is lack of proper footjob pics for a girl; dirty tag refers more to sex on the floor or in dirty places like toilets, if the girl is covered by chocolate I'd think more fo a naked waitress or a libido pic
I disagree with waitress on a pic like that being used as a waitress. It’s not even clear it is chocolate in the pic at all. It could be mud or worse there are lots of brown gooey substances out there. Also why the hell would a waitress be doing that in the first place? She is there to server dinks and food. Although, I’m just as strict with job pics as Leortha is with naked. Personally, I wouldn’t use a picture like that at all as it doesn’t really fit anywhere. Unless I was very desperate for a foot job pic.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Also why the hell would a waitress be doing that in the first place? She is there to server dinks and food.
You forget that waitresses also provide certain 'services'. Unfortunately, satisfying more extreme fetishes is not one of these, so the picture still doesn't fit anything job-wise, but remember, the job tags have been dual-purpose for a while.

I wouldn’t use a picture like that at all as it doesn’t really fit anywhere.
Why not? It's a perfectly valid fetish image for those... brown gooey substance enthusiasts. ;)

GH20

Feb 21, 2020
Both also could serve as a last resort Footjob tag. Only do this if you have no actual footjob pics in the existing R34.
True, i actually did that for my Noire pack almost a year ago.
However, in the case of Haachama is the complete Opposite, she was full of Footjob and Foot pics, lol.

I disagree with waitress on a pic like that being used as a waitress. It’s not even clear it is chocolate in the pic at all. It could be mud or worse there are lots of brown gooey substances out there.
Yeah, i agree with you on that one, that's why i was going for "Dirty" tag here.
I guess i can also add the "Fetish" tag on these if i really need/want to include them.

Earliestbird

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2020
Just asking, is there any preference/pointers for recording Honey Select 2 animations (or Illusion games in general since the games basically re-use the same animations)?

Like video length. Most animations I recorded are 2-3 seconds on average to keep the file size as low as possible.

Sounds are probably preference. I could see how a 3 second loop of the same sounds could be annoying, plus the game already has some audio.

Also I have map turned off (black background) because I think it just looks better, as well as increasing performance. My PC isn't a beast.

__neronero

Jan 23, 2021

Haruna
Kantai Collection
A+ / 817 images + 2 videos / 56 mb
Extended tags

Shigure
Kantai Collection
A+ / 596 images + 12 videos / 43 mb
Extended tags

Just asking, is there any preference/pointers for recording Honey Select 2 animations (or Illusion games in general since the games basically re-use the same animations)?
Since using WEBMs is uncharted territory there aren't any definitive best practices yet, but some generic things to keep in mind:

• The sound of WEBMs is played over the "music" channel of BK. Not clear if this is a bug or a feature, it may change in the future.
  • I've personally tried to avoid having animated portraits. Not sure how others feel about this, I worry that it might be too distracting. But perhaps once everyone gets used to having more animated packs it'll become normalised.
  • 3d animations and real-girl video's are inevitably going to have a bigger filesize footprint than 2d animations. Some users are very concerned about the size of their Girl folder. If you can make short looping videos, that's definitely best.
  • Creating your own HS2 animations sounds like a bit of a rabbit-hole to me. The workload is very high. Where do you draw the line and stop animating? Perhaps mixing in HS2 screenshots would work too? What's an acceptable filesize for a Girl Pack with lots of HS2 animations?
I think the average user expects a normal girlpack to be around ~100 mb. In the Marie Rose pack I heavily compressed the 3d animations (3 mb per animation on average) but with enough animations you still end up with a 800-900 mb pack.

Reactions: Kite80 and linda95

Duke Greene

Feb 6, 2018
I've personally tried to avoid having animated portraits. Not sure how others feel about this, I worry that it might be too distracting. But perhaps once everyone gets used to having more animated packs it'll become normalised.
That's extremely subjective. In my personal case I will never download a portrait pack with any animation. If there are only 2-3 I can remove them but any more is a dealbreaker. I'm pretty sure there are others who want everything to be animated.

Reactions: __neronero

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
Will the trainer mod ever be updated or has kite abandoned?
For 0.15 it's effectively dead. But 0.15 is dead as well.

For 0.2 Kite has said that he's waiting for it to be more stable before he dives in to build a version compatible with it.

GH20

Feb 21, 2020
Ok, i have LOTS of consultations, so let's start:

1. Naked Apron pics (like the one below) should have a "Waitress + Apron" or "Waitress + Naked + Apron"?
waitress apron (00005).png waitress apron freq_low (00000).png

2. That also remind me, how the Cosplay tags (Student, Santa, Catgirl, etc.) work?
Are those modifiers, or work alone? Where are they used (or planned to be used) in the Game?

3. Here comes another request for tagging, so... what about modifier tags for "good" and "bad" perfomances on work pics?
I mean, i have some good pics where the girl is failing at their job, which would be pretty odd to see when she gets a perfect perfomance, or is already at very high level.
-3.1. Also maybe a "luxury" and "poor" tags that would modify the pics showed according to your Brothel's comodities; however, i have been using "happy" and "sad" for it, which is working well for me, so i think is a fine replacement.

4. What do you think about using things like Doujin/Magazine-like Portraits, or these kind of pictures for "Advertisement"'?
advertise (00000).png advertise libido (00000).png
I have been using these for my holopacks, since they look as Posters that advertise the girl in question.

5. Does the "Futanari" tag is when the girl has a dick, or when she is being fucked by a dickgirl?

6. Is the "Lesbian" tag a modifier (meaning, that should i mix it with Service, Sex, etc.), or it's her own Thing?

7. Is there any modifier tag to make Profile pics appear on the farm exclusivelly? Cause i found this pic, which would really fit with it.
constitution libido (00000).png
Tho, i could maybe use it as "profile + nature" too.

8. I wanted to add some extra farm minion pics (without replacing the default ones), but they never showed up in-game.
beast4.png
So... it's there something in the coding that limits the pics of minions to only the defaults ones?

9. I have been looking some of the latest packs, and i noticed very few use specific settings for thei BK.ini, some of them only using it for the name settings, or adding 5 or 0 stat modifiers... not a question, just something curious i found studying packs.

10. I shortly discussed this on the main forum, but what would you consider is the average number of pics among the modern girl packs? Based on the whole BK spreadsheet, it seems to be around 200-300 pics, but someone argue is around 400 nowadays.
The question is mostly for a small project i was making out of boredom:
A+ 1012 Rem.png

Finally, i decided to use the WebP conversion tool from the BK forum, using most of the default configurations, but with a 80 quality factor (instead of the recomended 85, mostly because i preffer round numbers).
I will be using those specifications for all my packs from now on, just if someone wonders, or have a mayor "DON'T" against it.

That's all...

PD: Oh, and also, if anyone else uses or plans to use Pixiv to make their packs, i warn you that, for some reason, the tag tool recognize the "master" from preview-quality pics as "masturbate", which was a problem with this pack, since i finish with 230 picks with an extra "masturbate" tag for it.

Last edited:

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
1. Naked Apron pics (like the one below) should have a "Waitress + Apron" or "Waitress + Naked + Apron"?

Neither. I would do "Waitress Libido Apron". As I've said, I view Libido as somewhat in between Naked and no-tag. These are perfect examples of times where they are not Naked, but are sexy enough that the Libido tag is good to use to have them only used when the girl gets horny enough.

Reactions: Storm4n and GH20
4.00 star(s) 2 Votes