Brothel King - Girl packs and Mods Collection

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

gruntcy

Jul 30, 2018
All this stuff will need some kind of UI indication. So either a series of negative, act-blocking traits or some kind of general mechanism for act-refusal. I think the easiest way to do that would be to increase the malus from negative fixations.
yes, a rare trait blocking some kind of sex acts (say a girl loves anal but truly hates sex) in some special cases would be perfect, wouldn't break the game mechanics and would make finding those girls the more engaging.

All the girls I get to work in the brothel dislike sex and love anal, although you can make them love sex or whatever -which imo might work in some cases, but should not in every case-.

I mean, it's like if you ask me: "Would you have fun with a man in bed?". I'd reply; "Maybe? Who knows". But I just don't care.

I dislike that whole try-it-before-you-knock-it BS in any regard, not just sex; I know I wouldn't enjoy eating poo or jamming a fish hook in my eye. It's called deduction and it's an awesome ability.

Reactions: Jman9

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
If you want traits, you'll have to come over to HHS and convince Goldo that adding these is a good idea. Or start playing with Trait King and lobby __neronero to add some.

Did you try my proposal of just making phobias excessively strong? Should be relatively close gameplay-wise, but without the fuzzy feeling of seeing a special trait on the girl.

which imo might work in some cases, but should not in every case-.

I mean, it's like if you ask me: "Would you have fun with a man in bed?". I'd reply; "Maybe? Who knows". But I just don't care.
My point has been that unlike you, the slavegirls don't really have a choice. Whether it 'works' or not hinges on the pimp's willingness to escalate, not on anything they might do.

Well, in a non-carebear setting, anyway. Which BK is not, at least in its vanilla form.

Some offtopic:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

gruntcy

Jul 30, 2018
Did you try my proposal of just making phobias excessively strong? Should be relatively close gameplay-wise, but without the fuzzy feeling of seeing a special trait on the girl.

My point has been that unlike you, the slavegirls don't really have a choice. Whether it 'works' or not hinges on the pimp's willingness to escalate, not on anything they might do.

Well, in a non-carebear setting, anyway. Which BK is not, at least in its vanilla form.
I haven't tbh --not used to python.

As you say, it might depend on the brothel owner or the pimp -there can be several realities, like in real life- (also the game asks you when you meet a non free girl which your attitude will be)

This also could lead to having a "specialized" brothel -say the pimp wants all the girls to be passionate about service, or anal, or bisexual, etc etc-

However it could be done in a way that in SOME cases of girls with strong personalities, if you make them perform something they told you they dislike or hate with a passion -like the game mentions sometimes- there is a risk of mutiny and they could try to escape every single day, or some that could be almost impossible without serious issues.

Think of Spartacus.

Reactions: __neronero

__neronero

Jan 23, 2021
I'm not used to coding in general. Don't let that stop you :p

However it could be done in a way that in SOME cases of girls with strong personalities, if you make them perform something they told you they dislike or hate with a passion -like the game mentions sometimes- there is a risk of mutiny and they could try to escape every single day, or some that could be almost impossible without serious issues.
One great way to achieve this would be through custom personalities, not custom traits. Recently I was surprised to learn that this feature supports funneling the responses through your own custom "dialogue label", which would possibly allow you to radically change the way a girl behaves and responds in sexual encounters if act != anal or if act == anal

The big benefit here would be that you can very clearly communicate to the player what's happening and why, since the whole point of this label is conveying the dialogue.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I did not ask you to code in Python, or even to know what Python is. :) Merely to change a single value in what's essentially a text file.

...also the game asks you when you meet a non free girl which your attitude will be
And you can break your word with relatively little in the way of repercussions.

A 'realistic' way to depict that would be too much like JONT for Goldo to want to do, I imagine. BK is supposed to be a relatively positive spin on sexual slavery, and all the girls are at least secretly sluts because of that.

Escaping every day is disallowed by assuming she is watched more closely for the next few days following a runaway attempt, and that she's not terminally stupid.

The mechanics to do what you suggest exist, and I've tweaked them in similar directions myself. I had 'kidnapped' girls who were very keen on escaping, higher chances to escape from the farm, free girls running away if you refused to let them buy out their indenture with their percentage cuts.

I'm not sure any of these made the game better.

Think of Spartacus.
And increased chances of getting into a fight if you forced them to do something they disliked, shanking you with any weapons you'd given them in the process. Happens in the vanilla game, too, but not quite as often.

You can try a 'lite' version of that for yourself by e.g. changing BKinteractions.rpy:
Code:
label fight_attempt(girl, act=None, intensity=1)
to
Code:
label fight_attempt(girl, act=None, intensity=2)
There will be much more 'Spartacus' going on, quite naturally. :p

I remain unconvinced that the solutions must be ones bypassing the game's preference system, as they would with special traits or personalities (and there would have to be a lot of traits to satisfy all permutations of tastes). Writing a new personality is a lot of work, too.

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
For some reason this one won't show up in game even after added to girl pack. Any ideas? No problem adding girls from earliestbird555 in the past, even mid-game.
Wild guess, try renaming the pack folder without the period in the folder name. "DVa" instead of "D.Va".

And please let us know if this solves this, as this would be something to report as a bug if it turns out that a period in the file name breaks things like this.

__neronero

Jan 23, 2021
Wild guess #2: Check [Girl Packs > Girl Pack Mix] via the main menu. She might not be included in the girl mixes you've activated for your current game. You cannot change which girl mixes are active after starting your game, but you can add or remove girls from whichever mixes are active in that game.

Wild guess #3: You have a lot of girl packs installed and you've been unlucky so far. In a running game only a few new girls will be introduced every week, giving you only a slight chance to encounter D.Va every refresh (depending on how many packs are active)

enzokpo1912

Jun 6, 2017
Name: Dorothea Arnault
Universe: Fire Emblem
Pics: 500+
Type: Video Game

Name: Edelgard Von Hresvelg
Pics: 600+

Name: Hilda Valentine Goneril
Pics: 700+

Name: Marianne Von Edmund
Pics: 500+

Folder Link:
Dorothea Arnault.jpg Edelgard Von Hresvelg.jpg Hilda Valentine Goneril.jpg Marianne Von Edmund.jpg

luckymccharms

Dec 16, 2018
Wild guess, try renaming the pack folder without the period in the folder name. "DVa" instead of "D.Va".

And please let us know if this solves this, as this would be something to report as a bug if it turns out that a period in the file name breaks things like this.
Renaming the folder and files didn't do it. Renaming within the _BK.ini didn't do it. So copied in all of the text from another girl into the .ini after the name, and that fixed it. I don't have a code editor to comb through and find the error, but it seems like something in the .ini wasn't playing nice.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Can you post the two .ini files (original and the one you copied over)? I'd like to look into it.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
What exactly was your problem with the _BK OLD file? As far as I can tell, she generates just fine with either .ini.

If you have a lot of packs, some of them missing out is expected. Randomness can complicate this further, making it look like she isn't being generated while she actually either is in some hidden corner of the city, or is just randomly being passed over several times in a row.

__neronero

Jan 23, 2021
I get the message: "Elsa_Jean_city doesn´t exist". Any help?
You've downloaded a girlpack with a mistake in it. Go to /girls/Elsa Jean (or wherever you've put her) and open _BK.ini in a text editor such as notepad. Change city_label = "Elsa_Jean_city" to city_label = None

Mandrakept80

Dec 26, 2021
You've downloaded a girlpack with a mistake in it. Go to /girls/Elsa Jean (or wherever you've put her) and open _BK.ini in a text editor such as notepad. Change city_label = "Elsa_Jean_city" to city_label = None
I did what you said, but I´m still getting the same error. Can it be that the change only operates in a new game and not in my current save?

__neronero

Jan 23, 2021
I did what you said, but I´m still getting the same error. Can it be that the change only operates in a new game and not in my current save?
You're probably right. Can you open the console (Shift + O) while the error message is displayed? If so, try to type the following:

girl.init_dict["background story/city_label"] = None

and then

call free_girl_talk(girl)

If that doesn't help, I'm out of ideas - but I'm sure some others will know what to do.

Mandrakept80

Dec 26, 2021
You're probably right. Can you open the console (Shift + O) while the error message is displayed? If so, try to type the following:

girl.init_dict["background story/city_label"] = None

and then

call free_girl_talk(girl)

If that doesn't help, I'm out of ideas - but I'm sure some others will know what to do.
Thanks, it worked.

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes