Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
I think the resolution depends on renpy limits too, but I have to better check it. As I said, my monitor resolution doesn't go further 1380x764, if it's also ren'py limit I can't try by myself. If you edit rpy files be sure to delete rpyc ones, they are compiled versions of their rpy counterparts and by deleting them you force the game to recompile the files again (and if they were changed, it brings the game to adopt such modifications).

About fixations: they can't be added to a girl by talking, each girl gets her fixations and phobias when they are created. Talking with them (but also training) allows MC to discover such fixations, but only if they exist. To better understand this thing here's how it works:

-) girl is created at the beginning of the game; she gets fixations and phobias
-) MC talks/trains the girl in a sexual act; if the girl has
  • phobias only: hate icon next to the act, advanced training available
  • fixations and phobias: mixed feeling icons next to the act, advanced training available
  • fixations only: love icon next to the act, advanced training available
  • no fixations/phobias: no icon next to the act, no advanced training
-) MC removes a phobia from the girl in a sexual act; if the girl has
  • more phobias only: hate icon next to the act, advanced training available
  • more fixations and phobias: mixed feeling icons next to the act, advanced training available
  • more fixations only: love icon next to the act, advanced training available
  • no fixations/phobias: no icon next to the act, no advanced training
Hope it can be easier to understand with this scheme.

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
About fixations: they can't be added to a girl by talking, each girl gets her fixations and phobias when they are created. Talking with them (but also training) allows MC to discover such fixations, but only if they exist.
There is actually a way to add fixations, but not by talking, and it's very limited. It's through the perk system, namely a specific perk. One perk adds a single random new positive fixation to the girl when you earn the perk. The Slut -> Teaser.

zingo7

May 25, 2018
There is actually a way to add fixations, but not by talking, and it's very limited. It's through the perk system, namely a specific perk. One perk adds a single random new positive fixation to the girl when you earn the perk. The Slut -> Teaser.
Indeed. The perk tree "SLUT" it is a must have no matter what you want the girl to be! Its so good! Not only it gives you 1 free + fixation it also unlocks the ability to work + whore.

And who makes the most money? Whores.... Unfortunately learned this at end game. However with the next update and new content on a new save- Definitely picking this.

And the next one to have? Bisex + group. Who use them the most? Yes- whores! 2 whores that have bisex + group- a very powerful combo!

Lastly I noticed if you talk first when a girl has (?) mark for an attribute you can slightly influence it! Could be wrong but having better results with talking first- training later rather training first talking later. Maybe just an illusion not backed up by the code.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
New patch out.

This introduces some important changes:
- An attempt to solve the 'grid overfull' bug by reverting one of the performance tweaks. This will have a slight impact on performance when fetching pictures, hopefully not noticeable. See the other thread (girl packs and mods) to get the latest tagging tool version.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
- A new version of the tagging tool and the way advanced training pictures are generated, following DarkNoob's requests. There is now much less hand-holding with auto-tagging, and making pictures which only show during advanced training is now possible (by tagging a fixation without a sex act). The down side is that cosplay and sex act tags must now be added separately by girl pack makers (it will only affect newer girl packs; nothing changes for existing girl packs).
- A new fixation (stripping), to make use of strip pictures
- Portrait and profile pictures will no longer show during training unless no other picture is available.
- Fixing the bug betatester reported

These changes go together with a new version of the tagging tool.

Those changes amount to a lot of small changes in the code, so there might be more bugs.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I wonder if it might also be possible for a girl to get fixations at the farm that can only be unlocked there. I seem to remember a few of my girls coming back from the farm with a negative fixation or 2 that I hadn't seen before. I believe one of them was "dirty sex".

DarkN00b

Mar 17, 2019
To save time

There might be 2 bugs

- Using 'naked' + '<any fixation tag>' will never show up during naked advanced training so it shows images only with fixations. (Well, older girlpacks probably won't work because of that).

- Using 2 sex tags (service, sex, fetish, anal... etc) together with fixation tag like this for example : 'sex' + 'service' + 'public' will make the image not show up anywhere

tessarhea

Jul 2, 2017
Such a far-reaching change probably should've been called 0.15c... to make future discussions clearer when the change actually happened once people inevitably happening upon issues.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
New patch out.

This introduces some important changes:
- An attempt to solve the 'grid overfull' bug by reverting one of the performance tweaks. This will have a slight impact on performance when fetching pictures, hopefully not noticeable. See the other thread (girl packs and mods) to get the latest tagging tool version.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
- A new version of the tagging tool and the way advanced training pictures are generated, following DarkNoob's requests. There is now much less hand-holding with auto-tagging, and making pictures which only show during advanced training is now possible (by tagging a fixation without a sex act). The down side is that cosplay and sex act tags must now be added separately by girl pack makers (it will only affect newer girl packs; nothing changes for existing girl packs).
- A new fixation (stripping), to make use of strip pictures
- Portrait and profile pictures will no longer show during training unless no other picture is available.
- Fixing the bug betatester reported

These changes go together with a new version of the tagging tool.

Those changes amount to a lot of small changes in the code, so there might be more bugs.
I'm crashing consistently in this new patch when trying to assign a girl to be a whore (chapter 1 still). It does this even after quitting and reloading the game 100% of the time. I'm also getting strange behavior where the game is reassigning the girls to different jobs without my input. I didn't see that with the previous version.

Here is the crash log when trying to assign a girl to be a whore:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/BKmain.rpy", line 1144, in script
    $ r = girl.set_job("whore")
  File "game/BKmain.rpy", line 1144, in <module>
  File "game/BKgirlclass.rpy", line 1199, in set_job
    if self.will_do(job):
  File "game/BKgirlclass.rpy", line 1190, in will_do
    if self.will_do_anything():
  File "game/BKgirlclass.rpy", line 587, in will_do_anything
    if self.will_do_sex_act(stat.lower())[0]:
  File "game/BKgirlclass.rpy", line 549, in will_do_sex_act
    if preference_modifier[self.get_preference(sex_act)] > 50: # Means the girl is very reluctant or worse
  File "game/BKgirlclass.rpy", line 2953, in get_preference
    pref = self.preferences[act] + bonus
KeyError: u'beauty'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/BKmain.rpy", line 1144, in script
  File "D:\stuff\Downloads\Brothel_King_015b\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\stuff\Downloads\Brothel_King_015b\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1912, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/BKmain.rpy", line 1144, in <module>
  File "game/BKgirlclass.rpy", line 1199, in set_job
    if self.will_do(job):
  File "game/BKgirlclass.rpy", line 1190, in will_do
    if self.will_do_anything():
  File "game/BKgirlclass.rpy", line 587, in will_do_anything
    if self.will_do_sex_act(stat.lower())[0]:
  File "game/BKgirlclass.rpy", line 549, in will_do_sex_act
    if preference_modifier[self.get_preference(sex_act)] > 50: # Means the girl is very reluctant or worse
  File "game/BKgirlclass.rpy", line 2953, in get_preference
    pref = self.preferences[act] + bonus
KeyError: u'beauty'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Brothel King 0.15b
Sat Oct 05 14:42:39 2019
Edit: Just out of curiousity I rolled back to the previous patch and am able to assign that same girl to be a whore without any issues.

Last edited:

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
I wonder if it might also be possible for a girl to get fixations at the farm that can only be unlocked there. I seem to remember a few of my girls coming back from the farm with a negative fixation or 2 that I hadn't seen before. I believe one of them was "dirty sex".
Dirty sex is a normal fixation/phobia. The farm does not add fixations that I know of, but it can definitely uncover hidden ones that you have not yet discovered.

There are quite a few ways to uncover hidden fixations and phobias. Advance Training is the most straight forward. But the farm is another, and just asking the girl about her likes and dislikes can do it if she is close enough to you.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
In case of bugs please give a check with a brand new game, see if it may depend on older saves not compatible anymore or they always happen, such informations are precious.

DarkN00b

Mar 17, 2019
Goldo released hotfix for whoring bug that started happening since the new patch

Reactions: khumak

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Goldo released hotfix for whoring bug that started happening since the new patch

This fixed the crash I was getting. I had a save just before my crash singled out in case it was needed and I don't crash anymore with this patch now. I had rolled back to a previous version until that was fixed. Might make things a little less confusing if he would update the version number slightly for new versions though so people don't think they have the latest patch that has the exact same name as the last 2 patches...

VixxTheLover

Mar 3, 2018
Is there any content for the carpenter, or for the Sergeant you interrogate early in the game?

I would love to get the Sergeant into the roster in the brothel.

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
There are two Sergeants, Maya and Kashiv. You can bed each of them during the interrogation sequence, and both can end up as trainers for the brothel. But neither can end up as whores there.

Last edited:

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Maya can be raped while she's prisoner of the thieves guild, but this brings her out of game forever (nobody will see her again).
Same for Khasiv, but with a difference: while Maya can be saved (MC just needs to say 'I know Maya, she's clean'), Khasiv's fate is always the same, so don't hesitate to rape her, it will be the last time you see her.

The carpenter is among the NPCs who will get more content in future.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Consider that even NPCs are characters from anime and/or games, so their content is limited by the material Goldo can find on them, same way as girl packs are done. Without an artist, that's the only way BK can be made...

Reactions: VixxTheLover

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Would like to see some way added to do advanced training with the girls who don't seem to have a fixation for that act. Maybe add a chance for training a girl in any act that she has no fixation for has a random chance for it to progress to either a positive or negative fixation? Since there is overlap between the different acts that would give you a shot at eventually unlocking advanced training in sort of a roundabout way. Or maybe add the option for putting them in the farm to unlock either positive or negative fixations for whichever act they're training in.

drwho1234

Oct 10, 2019
Hello,

I just started 0.15b version.

So as I enter the slave market, the error occurs.

Showing as following:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/BKmain.rpy", line 31, in script
slavegirl1 "Fresh girls are available today, Master."
AttributeError: 'unicode' object has no attribute 'block'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/BKmain.rpy", line 31, in script
slavegirl1 "Fresh girls are available today, Master."
File "F:\BaiduNetdiskDownload\Brothel_King0.15CN\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2159, in execute
next_node(self.lookup())
File "F:\BaiduNetdiskDownload\Brothel_King0.15CN\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2144, in lookup
return renpy.game.script.translator.lookup_translate(self.identifier, getattr(self, "alternate", None))
File "F:\BaiduNetdiskDownload\Brothel_King0.15CN\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\translation\__init__.py", line 190, in lookup_translate
return tl.block[0]
AttributeError: 'unicode' object has no attribute 'block'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Brothel King 0.15b
Thu Oct 10 00:04:07 2019

I wonder who can help me with it. Many thanks.

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes