Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Don't think getting naked all time is a factor influencing your game, at this point my only clue is you're playing a save game from an older version, which is not compatible.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Don't think getting naked all time is a factor influencing your game, at this point my only clue is you're playing a save game from an older version, which is not compatible.
It wasn't an older version. This is the first time I've tried this game. I was running the version in the OP (originally downloaded yesterday) plus the girl pack plus the patch.

One other thing I was thinking could have been an issue for me is the girl pack having compatibility issues. I remember reading something in the comments here about potential girl pack differences between .15 and .15b that might not be resolved yet.

When I ran the packstate simulation it listed something like 700-800 files that would be affected if I applied the packstate. When my game crashed, I had not used the packstate thing for that playthrough at all. In my current playthrough I restarted after applying the packstate. I don't really know what that does though. From the descriptions it sounds like mostly renaming files/girls/something.

zingo7

May 25, 2018
Hey All!

Been in this forum a while- games come and go. Gave this one a chance- from all the games here. It kinda sticks out or has a special genre on its own.

You soon realize this is a Grind-hog of ALL GrandDaddies! But then again- Maybe i've been looking for a game that you cant finish in couple hours and the game gives/ unlocks more content as you go till the end. Looking forward for the next chapter and more content!

Now lets talk about bad stuff:

1. The images are all over the place- and this needs fixing! When Im fixated on a particular girl- I want to see that girl only. The same image goes to all girls. I did download the girl pack in first page- you guys need to fix it/ update it. Not a fan - 1 image for all girls and drop an NRG in there to call it a day! not good!

Also some people already said- the game chooses a small amount of pictures and sticks to them- I agree. Thats a big bug! Please fix it- its all about details and emersion! Small bugs like these do not do good for anybody!

1.1 And i did go to official forum to read stuff but come on guys! Its so technical- I mean- there are really lots and LOTS of custom girl packs- how would I know which pack is bugged and which is not. Read those wall of texts- I mean your official forum is BIG! I'm not saying that's not an option but i want to just enjoy the game for whats it worth you know. And the game is a potential gem!

The girl pack on page 1- without a doubt it should be perfect as its the first pack people will download and play- and if its buggy- some people will just move on, you know..

2. I downloaded the game without the patch, and then couple days later downloaded the patch here latest yesterday or 2 days back now and put that on. Thank God of all the bugs fixed except for 1!

Whenever i choose Stella or that last trainer girl- the game always crashes! Every time. That's the only bug for me. Is there a workaround? I did her event and unlock her but i can not pick her without CTD.

3. You need to update the FARM UI more- I want to see each minion XP line etc- more details about them. Im buying all these foods and pumping into them and they have stopped at lvl 5 for now.

3.1. There should be an option in FARM to auto teach any baddies too. I mean you can do it yourself fine but once you get big and have many many girls- FARM really helps big time! But you still have to remove all baddies from here individually- that needs to be automated too. At least in STAGE or CHAPTER 3- not at the beginning but in mid game!

4. I kinda wish there was more flavor text when girl performs her job perfectly. I mean there is a difference between stat 100 and 150 a stat 150 girl does way way more and better than stat 100. For now when you reach golden text in game- its pretty much the same old deal- gets old fast you know...

5. I wish there was more options as mage- to interact with girls/ train them etc. I have all this mana but can only use 1 spell at a time. I have like 20 mana left- all for nothing! I would gladly pump that mana into girls somehow if the game would let me. Im a wizard bdw!

6. The shop girls should be interactable too you know- someway to influence their goodwill or less price or more items etc.! And I got my horse only when I reached Chapter 3. I did not even know that's a thing!

7. And Lastly- I did use a pen and a paper to write down each detail I did for a particular girl. Can you make quality of life enhancements to the UI or game so i would require less to use my pen and paper? For example:

At day 100 at night I have 3 girls to train. Girl number 1 is at point x, girl number 2 i have to train 1 ability and girl number 3 i have to talk to her or pet her to improve mood- there should be some indicators on what you are fixated on each girl or - just be lazy- and pu tan UI //"Last action you did on this girl"// I mean - That would be such a quality of life improvement- you have no idea! I have forgot so many times what i did for this girl previous day- I cant remember so much stuff as there are lots of stuff! Something to think about!

Its manageable up to 5 girls but when you have 5+, 8 it can get wild!

Sorry for the wall of text but that's my review and first impressions thus far! Will be monitoring you guys thats for sure!

Waiting for the next update and good job already put into this! Got to hotel 3. Working my way to Hotel 4 atm!

P.s. Can I buy this game somewhere? :)

Last edited:

DarkN00b

Mar 17, 2019
Also a suggestion for the mosaiced/censored images, there is a tool called deepcreampy that can enhance the images.

Tried it one the first image I found in the dir and made this with it not knowing what I'm doing :). This deep learning stuff scares the shit out of me.

View attachment 414093 View attachment 414096
Aware of it and already using it, assuming you already use v2.0. It is very useful tool to use on bar censoring. On mozaics it dephends on how much it is censored (Sometimes you are better off ripping from uncensored doujing or just redrawing it yourself lol).

In most cases you gonna need to polish it in image editor however (Woman genitals especially). The good thing is that it does most of the work for you though. To uncensor all images in girlpack for example, it would take days (depends on how many images you use).

When I finish the tool part on my guide, it will definitely have it's place there.

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
In most cases you gonna need to polish it in image editor however (Woman genitals especially).
And right there is a full stop to my using it. I have absolutely zero artistic skill. So for me, any sort of polishing is simply not going to happen. Oh well.

Luxed

Aug 20, 2018
Hey All!

Been in this forum a while- games come and go. Gave this one a chance- from all the games here. It kinda sticks out or has a special genre on its own.

You soon realize this is a Grind-hog of ALL GrandDaddies! But then again- Maybe i've been looking for a game that you cant finish in couple hours and the game gives/ unlocks more content as you go till the end. Looking forward for the next chapter and more content!

Now lets talk about bad stuff:

1. The images are all over the place- and this needs fixing! When Im fixated on a particular girl- I want to see that girl only. The same image goes to all girls. I did download the girl pack in first page- you guys need to fix it/ update it. Not a fan - 1 image for all girls and drop an NRG in there to call it a day! not good!

Also some people already said- the game chooses a small amount of pictures and sticks to them- I agree. Thats a big bug! Please fix it- its all about details and emersion! Small bugs like these do not do good for anybody!

1.1 And i did go to official forum to read stuff but come on guys! Its so technical- I mean- there are really lots and LOTS of custom girl packs- how would I know which pack is bugged and which is not. Read those wall of texts- I mean your official forum is BIG! I'm not saying that's not an option but i want to just enjoy the game for whats it worth you know. And the game is a potential gem!

The girl pack on page 1- without a doubt it should be perfect as its the first pack people will download and play- and if its buggy- some people will just move on, you know..

2. I downloaded the game without the patch, and then couple days later downloaded the patch here latest yesterday or 2 days back now and put that on. Thank God of all the bugs fixed except for 1!

Whenever i choose Stella or that last trainer girl- the game always crashes! Every time. That's the only bug for me. Is there a workaround? I did her event and unlock her but i can not pick her without CTD.

3. You need to update the FARM UI more- I want to see each minion XP line etc- more details about them. Im buying all these foods and pumping into them and they have stopped at lvl 5 for now.

3.1. There should be an option in FARM to auto teach any baddies too. I mean you can do it yourself fine but once you get big and have many many girls- FARM really helps big time! But you still have to remove all baddies from here individually- that needs to be automated too. At least in STAGE or CHAPTER 3- not at the beginning but in mid game!

4. I kinda wish there was more flavor text when girl performs her job perfectly. I mean there is a difference between stat 100 and 150 a stat 150 girl does way way more and better than stat 100. For now when you reach golden text in game- its pretty much the same old deal- gets old fast you know...

5. I wish there was more options as mage- to interact with girls/ train them etc. I have all this mana but can only use 1 spell at a time. I have like 20 mana left- all for nothing! I would gladly pump that mana into girls somehow if the game would let me. Im a wizard bdw!

6. The shop girls should be interactable too you know- someway to influence their goodwill or less price or more items etc.! And I got my horse only when I reached Chapter 3. I did not even know that's a thing!

7. And Lastly- I did use a pen and a paper to write down each detail I did for a particular girl. Can you make quality of life enhancements to the UI or game so i would require less to use my pen and paper? For example:

At day 100 at night I have 3 girls to train. Girl number 1 is at point x, girl number 2 i have to train 1 ability and girl number 3 i have to talk to her or pet her to improve mood- there should be some indicators on what you are fixated on each girl or - just be lazy- and pu tan UI //"Last action you did on this girl"// I mean - That would be such a quality of life improvement- you have no idea! I have forgot so many times what i did for this girl previous day- I cant remember so much stuff as there are lots of stuff! Something to think about!

Its manageable up to 5 girls but when you have 5+, 8 it can get wild!

Sorry for the wall of text but that's my review and first impressions thus far! Will be monitoring you guys thats for sure!

Waiting for the next update and good job already put into this! Got to hotel 3. Working my way to Hotel 4 atm!

P.s. Can I buy this game somewhere? :)
1. U can download loads more of girlpacks and with that every girl has her own pictures and depending on the quality of the girl pack, different pics for every scene.

1.1 When i downloaded the game for the first time there were more girl packs on the first page dont know what happend to them.

2. If u have bugs it's best to send the crash report with it so Kite and Goldo can replicate and fix it.

3.1 Yeah I'm with u on that one the farm needs a bit more balancing and work.

4. I know what u mean, I just skip through the night events cause its the same after a while, but it shouldn't be a problem to write a mod for something like that.

5. As a wizard u have plenty of spells to set to auto-activate every day (u just can't activate similar spells like +5 to brothel charm and +5 to brothel refinement) and magical training consumes mana too.

6. Some of the shopgirls have own scenes when u played through the game enough and the trader class for the mc has the talent to get lower prices which is already broken in late game.

7. That's a really good idea had the same problem too.

I personally would like if u could interact with Sill too, cause she is your slave and why should she be there when u train your slaves bisexual but doesn't sleep with u.

P.s. I rly like the new U.I it makes a lot of things easier

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
The bug making the game crush after you get Stella as a trainer should be fixed, can't figure out why it happens again. I had it before, more or less 2 patches ago, then never got it anymore. Must ask Goldo about it.

BK is free, there's no place where you have to pay for it ;)

For the rest, there's a lot of feedback and be sure your words won't be wasted! As long as there's room for improvement, Goldo won't step back; if you like you can join us on HHS and talk with him directly, he never comes here so the best way to send him your thoughts and suggests is to write everything there.

By the way, some things were not clear for me, for others I can tell you how they work:

1. "The same image goes for all girls": if you mean you got the same generic pics for different girls, it's a game function which uses generic pics when the right ones are missing in the girl folder: you can disable it in game option and force BK to choose a pic only from the girl's folder

3. farm minions level can't go above lvl 5, probably that's why there's no exp bar
3.1 you can set two different time limits for each girl training in the farm: first one is how many days she should stay there, the second one is which goal she has to achieve before coming back to brothel (be fascinated about a sexual act for example). Alternatively, you can have a girl stay in the farm forever.

4. A girl performance doesn't depend by her stat only, there's a difficulty level wich mostrly depends on the type of clients she work with: a slave with 50 charm may score a perfect performance with a beggar, while at the same time another slave with 200 charm performs poorly in front of a noble! But as I said before, there's room for improvement and maybe texts for performance results could be raised from 5 to 7 or even 9, giving more emphasis on girls stats.

5. A 25 level wizard at full mana can cast up to 8 spells at once; the only limits are mana pool and spell type limit to 1 for each type (see my walkthrough if you want every detail about it)

6. Shoppers will be more interactable, count on it! Goldo plans to make minor events for almost every NPC of the game, I'm personally working on posting girl ones. It's just a matter of time! About the prices, your charisma influences prices: the higher your stat, the better are the discounts. You can see it next time you level up: check shop's prices, raise your charisma and then see the prices once again, you will see they've been slightly decreased. And trader is the best class for this, reaching a point that you can buy stuff for a few coins and sell them with an higher price!

Reactions: Reij

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
I forgot to say a word about basic girl packs: they still are from 0.13 version and need to be updated, Goldo will do it probably when a new tagging tool version will be out (there are a few work in progress for the tagging tool which will bring a new version). meanwhile, I suggest you to get packs from the second thread about BK, link is in my signature. Those packs are reliable since people making them is around very often, and when something's wrong with a pack they immediately fix it.

I know BK now can seem a mess, the new version (0.15b) got a lot of new features and many of them brought bugs; old saves are not compatible and the rest, it's quite frustrating, I understand it, but please if you are trying the game only now, among this mess, don't leave it now: this is a great game and once the bug storm goes away and everything runs smoothly, you too will love it!

zingo7

May 25, 2018
The bug making the game crush after you get Stella as a trainer should be fixed, can't figure out why it happens again. I had it before, more or less 2 patches ago, then never got it anymore. Must ask Goldo about it.

BK is free, there's no place where you have to pay for it ;)

For the rest, there's a lot of feedback and be sure your words won't be wasted! As long as there's room for improvement, Goldo won't step back; if you like you can join us on HHS and talk with him directly, he never comes here so the best way to send him your thoughts and suggests is to write everything there.

By the way, some things were not clear for me, for others I can tell you how they work:

1. "The same image goes for all girls": if you mean you got the same generic pics for different girls, it's a game function which uses generic pics when the right ones are missing in the girl folder: you can disable it in game option and force BK to choose a pic only from the girl's folder

3. farm minions level can't go above lvl 5, probably that's why there's no exp bar
3.1 you can set two different time limits for each girl training in the farm: first one is how many days she should stay there, the second one is which goal she has to achieve before coming back to brothel (be fascinated about a sexual act for example). Alternatively, you can have a girl stay in the farm forever.

4. A girl performance doesn't depend by her stat only, there's a difficulty level wich mostrly depends on the type of clients she work with: a slave with 50 charm may score a perfect performance with a beggar, while at the same time another slave with 200 charm performs poorly in front of a noble! But as I said before, there's room for improvement and maybe texts for performance results could be raised from 5 to 7 or even 9, giving more emphasis on girls stats.

5. A 25 level wizard at full mana can cast up to 8 spells at once; the only limits are mana pool and spell type limit to 1 for each type (see my walkthrough if you want every detail about it)

6. Shoppers will be more interactable, count on it! Goldo plans to make minor events for almost every NPC of the game, I'm personally working on posting girl ones. It's just a matter of time! About the prices, your charisma influences prices: the higher your stat, the better are the discounts. You can see it next time you level up: check shop's prices, raise your charisma and then see the prices once again, you will see they've been slightly decreased. And trader is the best class for this, reaching a point that you can buy stuff for a few coins and sell them with an higher price!
Thank you @Kite80 for the fast response!

*) Yea I got generic pics for ALL of the girls. Ill try your pack and delete the basic one. I would suggest updating post 1- to maybe include your pack instead of the basic one until its fixed. When i started to play i did not know thats a bug but when the same picture started to "float around", knew something was off!

**) Hmm., Is that a bad idea to delete the current pack and change it with the new girl pack? Itll probably brake the current girls?

*) got it! I meant - a girl can develop a "negative fixation"- currently only way to remove it is to remove the girl from farm and manually train her to remove it. Its doable when your "harem" is small, it can get a little bit wild when you have many girls!

*) Yes. more text to differate the girls would help. maybe even a diffrent subcategory for level 5 girl, another one for level 10 girl, lvl 15 etc. Maybe I'm picky but yea.

*) Ahh guilty! I did not start with the faq. Wanted to experience and find things about the game without first hand info. The game is very good at giving basic info and more- ingame!

zingo7

May 25, 2018
Sorry for the double post. Hope this helps to fix Stella bug!

I Attached the traceback file here or below.

By the way

"For the rest, there's a lot of feedback and be sure your words won't be wasted! As long as there's room for improvement, Goldo won't step back; if you like you can join us on HHS and talk with him directly, he never comes here so the best way to send him your thoughts and suggests is to write everything there. "

Nahh, you are doing a good job here! I'm sure you have more passionate people over there! As long as you filter out the details and send to him- all should be ok! ;)

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
I can say most of my packs are updated for tags of BK 0.14, so they work well in 01.5 and 0.15b too; anyway, I'll make a general update soon, mostly because I want to convert all pics in .webp format which is lighter and BK can manage pics faster, reducing lag a bit. As soon as Goldo updates default packs, be sure I'll post the news here.

To remove a girl fixation you need to succesfully train her 4 times for each phobia: after 4th success the phobia goes over and this will also change girl's attitude towards the related sex act(s) - especially if it was the last phobia for that act. Succesfully trainings don't have to be consecutive. You can train a girl this way in normal interaction or in master bedroom time, but only once a day (so you can't interact and train her, then train her again in master bedroom).
Negative fixations are generated when the girl is created; a girl with restricted morale will have more phobias than a lascivious one.

About Stella bug I'll tell you more when I get answers about it, meanwhile I'll try to see if it happens to me too.

Last edited:

Erwin_Meyer

Oct 8, 2017
(...) maybe another approach to pic selection could solve the problem, I'll give Goldo a few suggests about it.
(...)
thank you: will wait for the outcome.
btw.: it would be nice to have something like that ( in my view a huge improvement ) mentioned in the changelog here, whenever it should have been implemented

tnx again

E.M.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I forgot to say a word about basic girl packs: they still are from 0.13 version and need to be updated, Goldo will do it probably when a new tagging tool version will be out (there are a few work in progress for the tagging tool which will bring a new version). meanwhile, I suggest you to get packs from the second thread about BK, link is in my signature. Those packs are reliable since people making them is around very often, and when something's wrong with a pack they immediately fix it.

I know BK now can seem a mess, the new version (0.15b) got a lot of new features and many of them brought bugs; old saves are not compatible and the rest, it's quite frustrating, I understand it, but please if you are trying the game only now, among this mess, don't leave it now: this is a great game and once the bug storm goes away and everything runs smoothly, you too will love it!
I think the packstate thing might do a decent job fixing the girl pack incompatibilities. I'm playing .15b and my first attempt crashed in Chapter 2 (I posted the exact error log but it mentioned something about not recognizing "girl"). In my current playthrough I'm in Chapter 4 after having done the packstate thing and have not encountered any crashes.

Rambo99

Apr 1, 2018
New bug ( "grid overfull" ) after install patch 0.15b.
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/BKmain.rpy", line 1096, in script
    $ result = ui.interact()
  File "game/BKmain.rpy", line 1096, in <module>
    $ result = ui.interact()
Exception: Grid overfull.
Full Traceback -

DarkN00b

Mar 17, 2019
New bug ( "grid overfull" ) after install patch 0.15b.
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/BKmain.rpy", line 1096, in script
    $ result = ui.interact()
  File "game/BKmain.rpy", line 1096, in <module>
    $ result = ui.interact()
Exception: Grid overfull.
Full Traceback -
Grid overfull has been reported countless times. It's not a new bug and unfortunately it is still around because the source of the bug is still unknown (and apparently it's hard to replicate). Would you please tell us when did it happen? (What you did before etc)

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
We're 99% sure grid overfull bug is caused by multiple cumulative factors , such as frequently skip and/or rollback with mouse wheel, that current ren'py version can't manage efficiently. I'm afraid it will take a lot of time to get rid of it, unless there will come a bugfix for ren'py itself (such bug has been found in other games too).

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
We're 99% sure grid overfull bug is caused by multiple cumulative factors , such as frequently skip and/or rollback with mouse wheel, that current ren'py version can't manage efficiently. I'm afraid it will take a lot of time to get rid of it, unless there will come a bugfix for ren'py itself (such bug has been found in other games too).
Hmm, I'm hoping the issue is the mouse wheel since my mouse has a button to just lock the wheel. I've been getting this crash pretty often lately. For me it always seems to hapen when I'm hovering over or locking the various sex stats for one of the girls, which is pretty often until they're all maxed out and locked.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Unfortunately grid overfull is unpredictable, it shows up when we hover the mouse on one of a girl stats or sex skills, no metter which girl, no matter which stat. But as I said above it depends on a cumulation of factors: the action causing the bug is just the tip of the iceberg of instructions ren'py cumulated before it, at a point that the engine can't handle all of them anymore and causes game crash. It's not clear yet if it depeneds on memory loss or misusage, or it's all another story.

Good news though: when you encounter grid overfull, try to rollback until you are in game once again; save and exit BK; restart BK and load your save, with a bit of luck you won't see it for a long time.

Reactions: khumak
4.60 star(s) 44 Votes