• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

kurstkubrick

Dec 5, 2018
How are you supposed to go back to main screen from girls screen and brothel screen? No hotkeys and clicks are working. I can't even play the first day.

Bibense

Mar 7, 2019
Press B for Brothel Screen, G for Girls Screen, W for Wagon, S for Shop etc. On the main screen the hotkeys are shown with Capital letter.

kurstkubrick

Dec 5, 2018
Press B for Brothel Screen, G for Girls Screen, W for Wagon, S for Shop etc. On the main screen the hotkeys are shown with Capital letter.
I already said the hotkeys aren't working. Once I enter the brothel screen or girls screen or the market, I cannot go back to home screen. Its annoying.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Ok, a lot of stuff to check, so first thing let's do a resume:

I hope you all got:

-) 0.15b version
-) latest patch
-) a bunch of girl packs
-) a new game (no older saves)
-) BK folder close to driver root (avoid heavily nested folders like C:/users/Joe/desktop/downloads/etc.)
-) no translators
-) no mods (in case you have mods installed, please include them in your report)

If you are not in the situation above please follow those steps and try again.

If you still get some bugs I'll try to find a solution; consider that a few bugs have been reported and Goldo will release a new fix in a few days.

Krew

May 5, 2017
Yeah, all of your points are true for me. Still getting a number of bugs. Some of which are ignorable. Some of which crashscreen lock the game.

Last edited:

Paitryn

Mar 10, 2017
I fixed most of my bugs by downloading both the 15b and the patch to it. so make sure that is done. One of my girls came with an event script that was causing errors that was fixed after I deleted it (Gwen Tennyson) The only error left is that one of the girls in the open world will not raise her affection no matter how much I succeed her heart level just stopped after an error and doesn't move. (which sucks because it was the actual folder named character and not a random.)

on another note, I havent noticed this before, but was there a change to make aquired girls (not bought) no longer sellable? Kinda sticks you because you can't recoup the investment in some girls and are better off waiting for Special characters to show up in the market instead of open world.

The Quests are almost always a hard pass for me. By the time you qualify for them, you make more money than they hand out unless they give high reward or high rep. I rarely need the rep as by the time the girl is trained up, her rep is already maxed out to rank up. Mind you this is all at current content level B rank and below, it may become better balanced at A or S rank.

Also the farm doesn't seem to train girls very well anymore. They succeed a lot but their stats never seem to move and even if Gizel finds a negative fixation or that they favor a particular sex act, she keeps it a secret because you still have to reveal it yourself.

Aside from all that, I really REALLY love what Goldo has done with this game. I've often made my own girl packs and trying to make a honey select version of the characters and backgrounds just for the fun of it. So much potential and it feels more like an engine for trainer games than a game by itself. It is really well done.

Reactions: cloudmoon

cloudmoon

Jun 1, 2017
Question: Most of my girls refuse to give extra service while they're working a non-whoring job.

(ex: girl is waitress, customer asks for a bj. She refuses angrily)

Is there a stat that controls this, or is it just random?

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Bugs related to free girls are among those reported and under fixing, as soon as Goldo releases the new fix we'll se if your bugs will be solved. Unfortunately a new renpy version together with 0.15 update caused unexpected troubles.

grid overfull bug is still there, as I said above it may be caused by renpy instability rather than BK itself, but if there's way to fix it we'll find it. Good news is it doesn't corrupt your saves, so it's safe to rollback, save, close BK, restart and reload.

Free girls can't be sold anymore, just dismissed; they accepted to work in the brothel and be slaves, but since they volunteered MC can't sell them. It's a new feature introduced in 0.15b.

cloudmoon a girl working (not whoring) won't accept any extra service if her libido and obedience are too low; if she's in the right mood and likes the client, she will instead accept her client's request. It will be easy if she already can whore and you put her in any job but leaving any sexual act activated.

Krew please PM me with a list of bugs you encounter during game, there have been a lot of reports and it's difficult to trace those of a single player among all the postings, I'll try and see if some of yours got fixed

Sometimes game won't start because there's a girl pack with a wrong BK.ini file; in this case there's not the usual error log (grey screen with info about exception and a list of code lines which caused the exception); instead, the game will stay in a black screen saying that a girl pack is not ok: you just need to find the girl pack and delete or edit its BK.ini, then restart the game.

Reactions: cloudmoon

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
0.15b bugfix:

This fixes all the UI issues and the bugs found and confirmed (meaning Goldo could reproduce, so not related to external factors), except grid overfull and CG gallery bugs, still under investigation.

If you wish to get back 0.15 version (more stable) you can download it here: but DON'T add 0.15b patch to it or it won't work!

Luxed

Aug 20, 2018
In the 0.15 version the game crashes every time i try to enter a place in the city with the num key instead of clicking on it. But just when u go to the smaller places and not the parts of the city.

Erwin_Meyer

Oct 8, 2017
ref.: SOME FEEDBACK and VARIETY IN PICTURE SELECTION

Hi There,

and first of all a huge "thank's a bunch !" to Kate80 for the ongonig fine work here

Just tested the latest patch for like an hour or so by now, and didn't run into any probs sofar --> looks fine to me

One thing that came to my mind whlist replaying the early stages was, that, though I do have some decent GirlPacks with like several hundred pics or so each, only a very small number of those keeps showning up. Checking with CG Gallery (also from several saves from earlyier playthrought 'till "endless"-mode) did confirm: only a very small number of those pics available ever becomes used, even though tags are more or less evenly distributed etc.

--> it feels like the game makes a small selection whenever started, and stays with that +/- forever

... which is kinda boring after a while, and somewhat frusteating ( as I did collect those pack for a reason: variety which doesnt't take place)

pls. note: I did spread those tags in the picture naming +/- evenly , so for every "main-theme" there should be like 10-20 pics min. filling the bill

So, here's my question: any chance we could make more use of the variety of huge picture packs? any way to tweak game mechanics?

TNX for your time and the consideration of this matter

regards

E.M.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Sure we can, but it requires girl packs to be retagged again. The reason is 0.15 and 0.15b got some minor changes in pic usage, some old packs won't show everything because they may contain pics with tags which don't get along together anymore. DarkNoob just made a tagging guide for us (see the other thread about girl packs and mods, link is in my signature); now we just have to wait for packs to be updated. About my packs, I can tell you I'm still on other tasks and a lot of RL issues, so I can't say when I'll be able to do the job done, sorry.

esoom

Sep 6, 2017
Also a suggestion for the mosaiced/censored images, there is a tool called deepcreampy that can enhance the images.

Tried it one the first image I found in the dir and made this with it not knowing what I'm doing :). This deep learning stuff scares the shit out of me.

anal beast (0).jpg anal beast (0).png

Reactions: SenPC

Erwin_Meyer

Oct 8, 2017
Sure we can, but it requires girl packs to be retagged again. (...)
tnx for your early reply.

just to claryfy for me: retagging "according to the new requirements" / using DarkNoob's tagging guide will lead to a GirlPack where all the pics will be in potential use again right now , or is simply prerequisite for a later update where this might be implemented ?

tnx

E.M.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Nice little brothel sim. It's pretty grindy but there's a good amount of content. I imagine it's probably easier once you've played it through a bit more to learn the mechanics as well. I was glad to see that the shops in the 2nd chapter are not so RNG dependent, especially for items for the MC.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I think there may be a bug with the shiv that you can give the girls. My game was working fine until I gave one of them a shiv and then I got the below crash. If I ignored it, then every day the dirt level of the brothel goes up by 50 so I couldn't find a way to recover from it.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/BKendday.rpy", line 322, in script call
    call security(working_girls) from _call_security
  File "game/BKsecurity.rpy", line 1095, in script
    $ ev_list = get_security_event(ev_type, target_girls)
  File "game/BKsecurity.rpy", line 1095, in <module>
  File "game/BKsecurity.rpy", line 1461, in get_security_event
    for girl in hurt_girls:
TypeError: 'Girl' object is not iterable

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/BKendday.rpy", line 322, in script call
    call security(working_girls) from _call_security
  File "game/BKsecurity.rpy", line 1095, in script
  File "D:\stuff\Downloads\Brothel_King_015b\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\stuff\Downloads\Brothel_King_015b\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1912, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/BKsecurity.rpy", line 1095, in <module>
  File "game/BKsecurity.rpy", line 1461, in get_security_event
    for girl in hurt_girls:
TypeError: 'Girl' object is not iterable

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Brothel King 0.15b
Sun Sep 29 00:20:00 2019

Last edited:

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
khumak I'll try to replicate the bug, will update you about it. Must see if it happens every time a girl is equipped with a shiv or there are other factors involved.

EDIT: I couldn't replicate the bug, did you by chance had 0.15 version and applied 0.15b patch?

Erwin_Meyer the tagging guide refers to current tag system, but consider that BK randomly chooses pics every time it needs one, so most of the choices depend on ren'py random functions. For me it's the same, many times I see the same 1-2 pics for the same profile/work/sexual act even if I have dozens in my folder, maybe another approach to pic selection could solve the problem, I'll give Goldo a few suggests about it.

esoom good hint! I've tried that tool once, unfortunately my pc is not good enough to make it run, but other pack makers could find it very useful considering that we just have to put pics in the right folders, the rest is done by the program.

Rambo99 see "grid overfull" info in my previous post. If you don't find it, try a search inside the thread.

Last edited:

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
khumak I'll try to replicate the bug, will update you about it. Must see if it happens every time a girl is equipped with a shiv or there are other factors involved.

EDIT: I couldn't replicate the bug, did you by chance had 0.15 version and applied 0.15b patch?
I'm using .15b with the patch. The only other thing I can think of that I did shortly before the bug was told one of the girls to stay naked forever. Normally I can only tell them to do it for 1 day. I don't remember which girl it was. I'm near the same point I was before after starting over so I'll try to pay closer attention to what I did if it happens again.

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes