Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Guys, sorry but I have bad news: there may be a delay for the realization of Tsuyu and jobgirl book events, got a bad hit in RL, literally a hit: my car was parked in front of my house and has been hit by a passing car. I'll have to do a lot of things for this now, starting from tomorrow. Sorry to bother you with sad stuff, but I really need to share this thing just a little bit, just to feel a little better.

• Sad
Reactions: ADG1234

Krotoc

Oct 11, 2018
Is there a minimum number of girls you need to have set to generate_as = "all" or "free"? I have had several girls who have it set to "slave" generate as free girls and it is confusing me.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
If you set a girl's BK.ini file in a way that the girl can only be generated as slave, it applies only for the original one; her clones will still be created both as free girls or slaves. For the rest, I tried a few options with 10 girl packs and this is what I've obtained:

1) all girls slaves only, no clones

It results in game generating an error for quests and not going on, probably because the lack of free girls interferes with quests in some way; so now we know that there must be at least one free clonable girl, other wise the game blocks

2) 8 girls clonable and free+slave, 2 girls co clones and only slaves

In this case game runs normally, but I found one of the two slave only girls among the free ones, while the other one was in the slave market as she should have been.

My recommendation is to set not less than half your packs to generate girls free+slaves and expect for some little incongruences. There's a lot of code behind girls generation, so for now I can't help further with this, sorry.

AlphaBubble

Dec 29, 2017
So, my saves are lost, sadly (the files are corrupted and cause errors). Now I would like to ask if there is any way of cheating a game that is exactly the same as the one from my latest save? That includes the same girls with the same stats, the same money, prestige, etc. I don't mind going through whole chapter 1 again, the only think I'd like to have is my stats and girls.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Goldo will fix the bugs reported in the last days during this weekend; meanwhile here's what he said on HHS:

The 15b patch requires you to download version 15b of the game. It is not a patch for 0.15.

So if someone has put the latest patch (0.15b) into a 0.15 version and not 0.15b, it probably broke his game and caused bugs.

There's still hope to fix things and recover old saves by downloading 0.15b, getting latest 0.15b patch, transfer girl packs and try to load saves again. It's not 100% sure though, but it may work.

Another solution is to start a new game and use cheats to get MC level, money etc.; my trainer also allows to add stats and perk points, love and trust, specific traits for each of your girls. In this way you can get any clone of the girl you desire, change her traits, skills and perks, level and rank, name and equipment so that you totally restore your girl in an older save.

Arkz

Donor
Mar 13, 2018
What's with the screens? I mean I recognise that picture of Belldandy from a doujin from about 10 years ago...

AlphaBubble

Dec 29, 2017
Goldo will fix the bugs reported in the last days during this weekend; meanwhile here's what he said on HHS:

The 15b patch requires you to download version 15b of the game. It is not a patch for 0.15.

So if someone has put the latest patch (0.15b) into a 0.15 version and not 0.15b, it probably broke his game and caused bugs.

There's still hope to fix things and recover old saves by downloading 0.15b, getting latest 0.15b patch, transfer girl packs and try to load saves again. It's not 100% sure though, but it may work.

Another solution is to start a new game and use cheats to get MC level, money etc.; my trainer also allows to add stats and perk points, love and trust, specific traits for each of your girls. In this way you can get any clone of the girl you desire, change her traits, skills and perks, level and rank, name and equipment so that you totally restore your girl in an older save.
alright, thank you

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
What's with the screens? I mean I recognise that picture of Belldandy from a doujin from about 10 years ago...
The game uses various images found on the internet. It's a great brothel management game nonetheless which was an inspiration for my own game. You can download various girls packs and make your own slave/whore out of her. Great game if you're into stuff like that. There's also a story you can enjoy. One of the best game of this type, that's for sure.

Vrijgeest

Engaged Member
Jun 16, 2019
The images are not good. THey should be dedicated not just old trash found on the net. It is a very tiring game. The GUI is not optimal. Too many clicks. I dont like it.

esoom

Sep 6, 2017
The game uses various images found on the internet. It's a great brothel management game nonetheless which was an inspiration for my own game. You can download various girls packs and make your own slave/whore out of her. Great game if you're into stuff like that. There's also a story you can enjoy. One of the best game of this type, that's for sure.
Your game looks cool, much prefer purpose made 3d artwork to generic censored hentai stuff even if it is just illusion engine renders, just please don't make them all look asian, which I know is quite difficult with that.

Also do some unique stuff, like add midgets and ugly girls and odd stuff like that. Some poor girls you can take pity on and add to your collection.

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
Your game looks cool, much prefer purpose made 3d artwork to generic censored hentai stuff even if it is just illusion engine renders, just please don't make them all look asian, which I know is quite difficult with that.
The game is set in fictional edo japan, what do you expect? :D Though this thread is not about my game, but interestingly enough I've started using hs just for this purpose to create custom art for this game. For me, the main problem was consistency. Same anime girl, but when there's dozens of pic from different authors, same girls looks different each time+different drawing style. Just immersion breaking but still enjoyed.

esoom

Sep 6, 2017
Fair enough stick with mostly Japanese girls in that case, also don't know if it's possible but overlaying things like clothing and hair would be good so you could change the look of some of the girls but without having thousands of images. Although that might be a little time consuming.

I like these management/strategy types games, the more the merrier.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
BK is developed by one guy only (Goldo), plus a few volunteers making girl packs and helping with additional content and bug fixes; Goldo is the first one who would like to make proper art for BK, if there's anyone capable of doing it for free he's welcome!

Reactions: lumberjack

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
Everytime I see a brothel game, I imagine modding the hell out of it with custom renders. Or, reworking it even further to alter all backgrounds, the storyline, the setting, basically.. everything. It's just more work on my plate than I could possibly handle for now, but would really like to see some generic brothel framework made for creating brothel games sometime. A bit like what RPGM is for Japanese style RPG games, but then for brothel management I guess. Or as a plug-in for something like Ren-Py, that would totally be useful as well!

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
BK is developed by one guy only (Goldo), plus a few volunteers making girl packs and helping with additional content and bug fixes; Goldo is the first one who would like to make proper art for BK, if there's anyone capable of doing it for free he's welcome!
It's understandable. It's a ton of work. But hey! By modding, you can shag any anime/fantasy waifu with this game which is great :)

Everytime I see a brothel game, I imagine modding the hell out of it with custom renders. Or, reworking it even further to alter all backgrounds, the storyline, the setting, basically.. everything. It's just more work on my plate than I could possibly handle for now, but would really like to see some generic brothel framework made for creating brothel games sometime. A bit like what RPGM is for Japanese style RPG games, but then for brothel management I guess. Or as a plug-in for something like Ren-Py, that would totally be useful as well!
You can already do that. Some games use qsp with which you can easily change text and images. Same for BK images, folders are easily accessible though not sure how hard it is to mod a code. But don't expect to make a brothel like game with two clicks. That's what game engines like renpy are for, though require a lot of time and work.

Last edited:

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
It's understandable. It's a ton of work. But hey! By modding you can shag any fantasy waifu with this game which is great :D

You can already do that. Some games use qsp with which you can easily change text and images. Same for BK renders, though not sure how hard it is to mod a code. But don't expect to make a brothel like a game with two clicks. That's what game engines like renpy are for, though require a lot of time and work.
Yes, but it's the whole bit of keeping track of statistics, streamlining data, etcetera that makes the tricky part. It's something that can be done in Renpy, but Renpy isn't really ideal for it, at least, in its standard form it is more catered towards visual novels.
It's possible in RPGM as well, at some point, sim brothel 2 was pretty stable (also very unfinished when that was the case..). But, the problem with modding a game is, that you always risk running into some hard coded constraints added for story-line purposes. I can code (will need to dust it off though), but hacking into someone elses code and thought processes can get messy pretty fast.

An open framework shouldn't have such constraints, and little to no need to touch someone elses' code. Just the constraints in place for the developers' choice of data management. And the most important part of such a framework would really just be the keeping track of character statistics and management of the brothel: upgrades, work schedules, maybe generating visitors, that kind of stuff.

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
not able to play it at all, keeps crashing due to girl pack. Is it something I aren't doing right or an error with pack?
When you see the error messages for girl pack errors, you can do several things.

1) Report the errors. Here, or most likely better on the Girl Pack thread. This can help the pack's authors know that there is a problem, and get it fixed. I actually just fixed several such yesterday in my own packs.

2) Girl pack bugs are (almost) exclusively limited to the _BK.ini file included in the pack. If you want, the errors tend to give enough information to fix the ini file yourself. It's just a text file.

3) If you don't want to go editing the ini file, just delete it. You'll lose any custom settings that the pack author set up for the girl, but the images will still be good, and a working pack with no _BK.ini is better than a bugged, unusable pack with a bugged ini file.

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes