Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
Just out of curiosity is the main story line of this game still being updated?
Absolutely. Though he keeps getting a bit distracted by adding/tweaking features, the core developer of the game, Goldo, is still on board, and is currently (trying) to dedicate himself to working on the next chapter of the main game.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Not too distracted, in fact for the new UI features he counted on the help of jman and chris, so he's still working mostly on chapter 2 content. And I'm already started my new side story about MC and the posting girl!

applepie68

Feb 5, 2018
Absolutely. Though he keeps getting a bit distracted by adding/tweaking features, the core developer of the game, Goldo, is still on board, and is currently (trying) to dedicate himself to working on the next chapter of the main game.
Not too distracted, in fact for the new UI features he counted on the help of jman and chris, so he's still working mostly on chapter 2 content. And I'm already started my new side story about MC and the posting girl!
Yay \o/! I really enjoyed the game so far and I found the story extremely compelling especially since most games of this type don't have a story. I especially love how the story doesn't seem to be linear and appears to have multiple routes leading to different endings.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
It is as you described it; for now the effects of MC choices don't have so many repercussions, but the more we proceed further with the story, the more we'll see how differently it goes on depending on our choices ;)

Tidalbore

Dec 31, 2017
I don't know if this was asked already but how do you get a girls to do two jobs
if you mean at the same time, the only way to do that is to take the perk "Work and Whore," from the "Slut" perk tree- then the girl has the option to work a normal job for a half-shift, then work as a whore for a half-shift, instead of any of the normal jobs for a full shift

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Hi guys, I need a volunteer for cheching typos in new posting girl events: just the dialogues, I'm putting everything inside a wordpad file, so only spoiler for that; you won't see the whole event, just what characters say. PM me if you are generous and want to give me a hand ;)

albertrebla

Dec 31, 2016
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/BKendday.rpy", line 70, in script
    python:
  File "game/BKendday.rpy", line 256, in <module>
    cust_text = str(cust_nb) + " customers came to " + brothel.name + ", including " + str(extra_cust) + " brought by your exhibitionist girls."
TypeError: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, tuple found

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/BKendday.rpy", line 70, in script
    python:
  File "C:\Users\alber\Desktop\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\alber\Desktop\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1912, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/BKendday.rpy", line 256, in <module>
    cust_text = str(cust_nb) + " customers came to " + brothel.name + ", including " + str(extra_cust) + " brought by your exhibitionist girls."
TypeError: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, tuple found

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Brothel King 0.15
Thu Sep 12 22:04:24 2019

Please help:(It happen when i skip a day!

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
You haven't got 0.15b hotfix, get it here:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I hope I'm not stepping on kite80's toes here, but...

No need for PMs. Check out the jobgirl , including my first revision of the new draft. You need to be a member to see that, but it's a small price to pay, and new blood is always welcome.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Eheh, no problem, in fact you can always find more info on BK forum, although I try to put everything possible here, there are still some things you can only find there, like gameplay discussions, new feature suggests etc., plus a direct communication channel with Goldo (he prefers to focus his energies on game development ald follows discussions on HHS only, that's why I started do be a sort of PR here)

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
And now the news: here it comes a new patch for most of the problems found so far -

New features:
- Added Stella as a trainer with a significant boost to the Farm (but you need to unlock her latest event first)
- Changed the leveling system, some tweaks I had in mind for a while:
  • Girls now get 1 perk point per level
  • Unlocking a perk tree now costs 2 perk points
  • To compensate, girls get 1 extra perk points every five levels
  • Stat upgrade points have been lowered a bit, now going from 10 for rank C to 30 for rank X
the 'grid overfull' issue is still around, you can help Goldo fixing it by reporting as many deatils as you can if you stumble on it again.

As usual, new features may not work on old saves, in that case you should start a new game. Also, deleting rpyc files from /game folder can help avoiding some bugs.

Craig95

Sep 14, 2019
Craig95 yes I do! Your help is welcome! Can I send you a PM?
Yes you can send me a PM! Sorry for the late reply, I got really sick this weekend and unfortunetly forgot about this. But I'll look through it as soon as I get better. I'll also look up the thread that Jman9 linked

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Ok for now the text revision is ok, pictures too are ready, the new jobgirl event will be ready in a few days. But I'll need new revisions very soon, one for next jobgirl event, another for Tsuyu's scenes, after I'll finish writing dialogues for each of them.

FrankiesRuckSack

Sep 18, 2019
Installing either of the 2 latest patches (by extracting and moving/replacing the .rpy files into 'game' folder) causes me to crash on boot with
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Deleting rpyc files doesn't help. This is without any girl packs installed. (EDIT: Also with the basic girls pack) Am I installing the patch wrong or do I need to run through the game a while without patching it first? :unsure:

Last edited:

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
You just need vanilla + latest patch + any girl packs you like, try this solution and let me know if it still crashes

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes