Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
I was thinking that since the walkthrough is almost done (there's everything except special events), now I stop it for a while and start making events for Tsuyu; got a few ideas about her personal story, so let me strike while the iron is hot!

As a side note, I think I won't add special events in the walkthrough unless someone ask for it, and even then, not before I finish Tsuyu. Even the event for the posting girl will go on, wait for 1-2 more scenes coming soon; can't give you a ETA for these tasks, but I'll try to release Tsuyu and posting girl events before the end of September. Crossing fingers!

Meanwhile, the idea of converting BK pics in webp format seems to get some public, so expect me to update all my packs with that format, Tsuyu included.

Chris12 and Jman are doing a great job with bugfixes, new features and a lot more, thanks guys, for now I leave that stuff to you if you don't mind, so I can focus on more content :)

77outlaw77

Feb 16, 2018
Is there a more "advanced" girl pack making guide? One that might detail how you could make events, or how animated picture formats work, etc.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Yes, but it's scattered:

And all general-purpose Ren'Py information is also applicable. There's quite a bit out there.

Animated pictures work... poorly. There's a single one in the game currently, animated frame by frame. You might get something out of WebM, but you'd be the pioneer in this.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Probably no one has tried animated events yet, but I've read a few ren'py guides on this argument and there are a few ways to do it, like a frame-by-frame loading chain of pics, animated gifs, webm. For now these things can't be included in standard selection of pics for packs, BK would ignore them and keep loading the usual pic formats; special events by the way can include such animations and show them when necessary

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Ladies (if any) and gentlemen, let's welcome Brothel King 0.15b Performance Update!

This version includes a bunch of UI and structure changes which resulted in less lag, less clicking and faster gameplay. It's been constantly tested and improved for a while, so this time you get a stable and almost bugless version (we can never be 100% sure about bugs, Murphy's law ;) )
Enjoy!

NSoull

Mar 2, 2017
Is the new update save compatible? Or do we need to start a new game?

Also, could we get another link for the 0.15b download? Mediafire is making this download really slow for some reason. At least for me. 5 hours.

Last edited:

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Forgot to mention it: now the game looks for pics in another format, so the old saves will trigger errors anytime BK's old save will look for pics in old format and won't find them. It is necessary to start a new game.
I don't have another download link atm, hope mediafire will work again for you.

Erwin_Meyer

Oct 8, 2017
Ladies (if any) and gentlemen, let's welcome Brothel King 0.15b Performance Update!

This version includes a bunch of UI and structure changes which resulted in less lag, less clicking and faster gameplay. It's been constantly tested and improved for a while, so this time you get a stable and almost bugless version (we can never be 100% sure about bugs, Murphy's law ;) )
Enjoy!
tnx for your efford

testet it today (using my usual girlpacks) , and , unfortunately, have to report a bug: very early in the game ( i.e. when you're in the first brothel, still), with two girls employed as waitresses, whenever - by now ( this bug wasn't there right from the start) - I try to lookup details for their stats ( i.e. move the mouse over service/sex/anal/fetish - area), game crashes (i.e. throws an exception : "grid overfull")

(traceback.txt attached)

tnx for your time and for looking into this matter

regards

E.M.

Last edited:

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Have you tried if the bug shows up starting new games? Yesterday I got what I thought was a bug during a new game, but when I tried with new games it never happened again; anyway we'll keep an eye on both, see if someone else find them and find what's wrong. Also I recommend to delete all rpyc files inside /game folder before starting a new game, ren'py has the bad habit to not recompile so well and if rpyc tells a thing which is different in its related rpy, bugs happen.

Erwin_Meyer

Oct 8, 2017
Have you tried if the bug shows up starting new games? (...)
yep
what I did was:
- download an decompress the update, creating a new folder "/Brothel_King 0.15b (Real_test)"
- moved my girlpacks ( i.e. the whole subfolder "girls") to "/game/girls"
- started a new game

... and then, after some ~ 30 minutes into the game ( i.e. NOT right from the start!) the bug did show up (not only once, but persistently when moving the mouse over the stats area)

Also I recommend to delete all rpyc files inside /game folder before starting a new game, ren'py has the bad habit to not recompile so well and if rpyc tells a thing which is different in its related rpy, bugs happen.
there weren't any of those when I started the fresh game, and all of those that there are now, were created while testing, by the game itself (holding the same timestamp).

regards

E.M.

Lokplart

- I can code, I guess :D
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
yep
what I did was:
- download an decompress the update, creating a new folder "/Brothel_King 0.15b (Real_test)"
- moved my girlpacks ( i.e. the whole subfolder "girls") to "/game/girls"
- started a new game

... and then, after some ~ 30 minutes into the game ( i.e. NOT right from the start!) the bug did show up (not only once, but persistently when moving the mouse over the stats area)

there weren't any of those when I started the fresh game, and all of those that there are now, were created while testing, by the game itself (holding the same timestamp).

regards

E.M.
Can I have the save file on which this bug consistently happens please?
Appdata -> Roaming -> BroKing-*big number*
On the save file's name, first number is the page, second one is the position in the save/load screen (numbering goes left to right than down, so top left would be 1-1, the one below would be 1-4 and so on)

Erwin_Meyer

Oct 8, 2017
Can I have the save file on which this bug consistently happens please?
Appdata -> Roaming -> BroKing-*big number*
On the save file's name, first number is the page, second one is the position in the save/load screen (numbering goes left to right than down, so top left would be 1-1, the one below would be 1-4 and so on)
unfortunately, I didn't save the "error" situation at all - just gave up after the bug kept coming back and back and back..
However, I will redo this later today, and produce the files you requested thereby

pls. be patient

tnx again for your time and the consideration of this matter

regards

E.M.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
For now at least 4-5 new bugs have been identified, I'm sure they will be fixed very soon.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
0.15b first hotfix:

it solves the condition_func not working with saved games and the concatenate bugs.

About the grill overfull bug, anyone got it and could share his save(s)? It would help a lot for fixing the bug.

Erwin_Meyer

Oct 8, 2017
(...)
About the grill overfull bug, anyone got it and could share his save(s)? It would help a lot for fixing the bug.
as promised, I replayed everything with the conditions described earlyer, but, unfortunately, was unable to reproduce the "grill-overflow-event", so sorry.
( I went through the complete first brothel, again with two waitresses , for this, but exactly nothin' kept happenig.. )

should it , however , occure some other time, I'd be glad to share

for the time being , however, I'm goin for your latest hotfix and hope for the best..

tnx again

E.M.

Last edited:

Erwin_Meyer

Oct 8, 2017
0.15b first hotfix:
as mentioned earlier, I didn't run into the "grill-overflow" issue sofar (with this hotfix)
however, testing above patch, I ran into another exception: when hosting girls at the farm, there seems to occur an "can only concatenate tuple (not "RevertableList") to tuple" error ( with several different girls sofar... and this will stop, as soon as there are no more girls at the farm)

traceback and respective save attached

tnx again for your time and the consideration of this matter

regards

E.M.

Last edited:

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
I'm afraid some screen elements would be too small for a smartphone; I've tried similar games on mine and had to completely renounce to use some features, which is really bad.

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes