Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
And there will never be a version 0.16. 0.15b is the last of that line. A while back Goldo, the core developer on the game, halted any work on 0.15 in order to focus all efforts on 0.2. 0.2, when complete, will include all the storyline for Chapter 2, and a lot of improvements to the game system itself.

If you are a somewhat experienced player, you might want to go ahead and make the change to 0.2. It's still effectively in beta, and is a good bit less stable than 0.15, but the improvements are quite nice, and it's fun to see what Goldo has written for the continued story.
I got the feeling that 0.2 is more like a remaster than a new version. Basically the dev decided he didn't like how he did some of the stuff in 0.15 and is rebuilding the whole thing from scratch. So a lot of stuff from the current version will still be there but a ton of stuff under the hood will be completely different and I imagine completely incompatible. Sort of like a dev who develops something in RenPy and decides he wants to remake the entire game in Unity.

DavidKimg

Mar 9, 2020
Thank god I have some coding knowledge to make sense of what to test in console LMAO. For people that might have this problem too, I went into console and typed renpy.change_language(None) and it worked
Thanks for the help!
God, Thank You so much! Finally I can play the game.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Basically the dev decided he didn't like how he did some of the stuff in 0.15 and is rebuilding the whole thing from scratch.
While not entirely inaccurate, 0.2 is more of an evolution than a revolution.

So a lot of stuff from the current version will still be there but a ton of stuff under the hood will be completely different and I imagine completely incompatible.
Some mechanics are updated, and a bunch more things added, but nothing completely different. Okay, maybe the dialogue system is significantly revamped.

It's just that Goldo's time is limited, and he's decided to focus on 0.2 instead of doing anything further with 0.15.

Sort of like a dev who develops something in RenPy and decides he wants to remake the entire game in Unity.
Nothing as radical as that. The commercial analogue would be more along the lines of a studio releasing a standalone expansion pack and ceasing to support the base game.

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
Not updaited (
Not sure what is meant by this.

If you are complaining that the 0.15b version has not been updated in a while, it's not going to be. The developer has put 0.15 into a stable state and, moving forward, is working on the 0.2 version. 0.2 is still not nearly as stable as 0.15b, but is definitely playable. Not necessarily the best place for new players, but is playable for longer-time players. 0.2 can be found at the link below. You need the base and the latest patch. Do not mix and match the patch with the older versions, it's not compatible with 0.15 versions.

Last edited:
Reactions: flaby228

SipLip

Feb 16, 2019
Im getting this error when i try to advance on 0.2 i have tried starting a new game and tried reinstalling game still cant advance. I was able to until recently.

While running game code:
File "game/BKmain.rpy", line 934, in script call
call advance_to_chapter(game.chapter+1)
File "game/BKevents.rpy", line 552, in script
$ chosen_district = ui.interact()
File "game/BKevents.rpy", line 552, in <module>
$ chosen_district = ui.interact()
Exception: Unknown keyword arguments: contexth

EDIT: Never mind it was a spelling error i fixed in line 552 just like it says. :)

Last edited:

BigPoppaLoppa

Jun 29, 2020
Wicked Rouge is probably the closest. The only other ones I'm aware of are Something Unlimited and Queen's Brothel, and the first isn't an actual simbro game and the second is just... well, see for yourself. :cry:
Hey thanks alot. I've played Wicked Rouge when it was a younger game and liked it. I'm actually waiting to see how it matures further. I did notice that it was updated since the last time I played and I really liked where the dev. was heading with it. I will check out the other 2 games you stated. I've heard both of those names before but never really played them. I appreciate you taking the time to try helping me out. What kind of games do you like most? I've been curious about what a "trainer" is defined as like I see all these Japanese games with taboo tags such as rape, incest, prostitution, etc and I am really interested in learning if any of them japanese titles can be ported for Android and not only functional in Windows???

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I will check out the other 2 games you stated. I've heard both of those names before but never really played them.
Well, neither of them is terribly good. SU is basically a Patreon cash cow, and Queen's Brothel is more or less in the proof-of-concept stage.

What kind of games do you like most?
Moddable games. :cool:

I've been curious about what a "trainer" is defined as like I see all these Japanese games with taboo tags such as I am really interested in learning if any of them japanese titles can be ported for Android and not only functional in Windows???
There are many Japanese games that can be made to work, some with more difficulty than others. There's things that are translated, things that are gibberish machine translated, and those with full-on moon runes. Aku-Mu was probably the last more or less translated one I played that left a slightly positive impression.

In my experience, Japanese games are very hit or miss. They are definitely 'out of the box' from a more Western POV, but that merely means that they're either genius or bizarre. And the bizarre far outnumber the genius. :cautious:

Reactions: BigPoppaLoppa

BigPoppaLoppa

Jun 29, 2020
Well, neither of them is terribly good. SU is basically a Patreon cash cow, and Queen's Brothel is more or less in the proof-of-concept stage.

Moddable games. :cool:

There are many Japanese games that can be made to work, some with more difficulty than others. There's things that are translated, things that are gibberish machine translated, and those with full-on moon runes. Aku-Mu was probably the last more or less translated one I played that left a slightly positive impression.

In my experience, Japanese games are very hit or miss. They are definitely 'out of the box' from a more Western POV, but that merely means that they're either genius or bizarre. And the bizarre far outnumber the genius. :cautious:
WOWZERS! GeeWillikers Batman! I'm not kidding when I tell you I just experienced the most vivid dejevo however da holy hell you spell that Robin; whilst reading your brilliant explanation. Thanks and I think I am leaning more and more towards learning how to port titles myself, but I bet it requires a pc with Windows or whatnot to do so.

• Angry
Reactions: __neronero

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Not sure if it has an android version, but there's Free Cities. The github one, not the one(s) on f95.
The github version seems to have been killed?

Anyway, yeah, HTML games might also work on Android. They're usually a miserable UI experience, however.

I am leaning more and more towards learning how to port titles myself, but I bet it requires a pc with Windows or whatnot to do so.
Ren'Py titles can be ported to Android, but it looks like the more complex ones (like BK :D ) might be difficult. And it looks somewhat non-trivial and does requires some other OS to do it on.

Plus, touchscreen UI and screen size are major obstacles there. :cautious:

Earliestbird

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2020
The github version seems to have been killed?
I don't think that's true. Just google pregmod, it's constantly being updated. It started just as a mod, but at this point it's by far the largest version of the game you can get.

THEFAPPERS

Apr 28, 2019
game version 0.2 with bugfix installed and basic girlpack. i get an errors everwhere and cant start the game.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

this is at the start dk what to do

THEFAPPERS

Apr 28, 2019
this happens if i start a game and go over the girls tab at the character creation it has possible to something with the girlpack. is it possible that the basic girlpack from the mainpage is outdated and not compatible with 0.2 and how do i fix this? thx in advance.

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
game version 0.2 with bugfix installed and basic girlpack. i get an errors everwhere and cant start the game.

this is at the start dk what to do
Yeah, looks like that's a problem. Your other error is also caused by this.

Ver 0.2 bugs should really be reported in , but the following should work. Follow up there if further problems; registration is easy.

I tested a workaround for new ver 0.2 installations:

On first running game and getting error screen,
1. Select "Console"
2. Copy and paste, then press Enter
persistent.girl_mix["default"] = list(gpacks)
3. Press Esc key
4. Select Ignore
5. Continue with normal start (including selecting subset of girlpacks if wanted).

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes