Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Just because we keep getting asked ... the Dev still seems active and intent on putting out a new update:

Reactions: Jman9 and DougTheC

Arodyrok

Jul 21, 2020
Will girlpacks meant for 0.2 still work on 0.15 and just ignore the incompatible files? I ask because I'm a first time player and want to play on the more stable version, but some of the girlpacks I want to use are built with 0.2 in mind.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
The best thing about girl packs system is that they can virtually work for every past, present and future versions of BK, as long as basic tags don't change. Unless there's a BK_ini file of course.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
And here it comes, new patch for 0.2 . Unfortunately we'll need to start a new game, a lot of things have been changed for bug fixes and balance, old saves are not compatible, especially because some parts of the storyline wouldn't go on at all.

essay16v

Feb 6, 2019
And here it comes, new patch for 0.2 . Unfortunately we'll need to start a new game, a lot of things have been changed for bug fixes and balance, old saves are not compatible, especially because some parts of the storyline wouldn't go on at all.
Wanted to start a new game because of the carpenter bug anyway. So let's try it...

Edit:
No workee for me. ;(

Code:
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

File "game/BKevents.rpy", line 5036: end of line expected.
    hide screen show_event with dissolve
                           ^

File "game/BKevents.rpy", line 5319: end of line expected.
                           ^

File "game/BKevents.rpy", line 5467: end of line expected.
                           ^

File "game/BKscreen_home.rpy", line 352: end of line expected.
    use expression but
                   ^

File "game/BKscreens.rpy", line 776: The has statement may not be given after a child has been supplied.
    has hbox spacing 5 xfill True yfill True
       ^

File "game/BKscreens.rpy", line 4408: The has statement may not be given after a child has been supplied.
    has vbox spacing 25
       ^

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Wed Jun 02 22:43:17 2021

Last edited:

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
Please could you clarify. Is that a patch from 0.15b to 0.2 or is it just a patch from the previous version of 0.2?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Is that a patch from 0.15b to 0.2 or is it just a patch from the previous version of 0.2?
This is an update for 0.2 beta. 0.15b is frozen. Unless there's a totally game-breaking bug in there somewhere, there will not be any more updates for it.

No workee for me.
Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Looks like you're still trying to use 0.15b here... :cautious: The errors look like they are coming from a contract no less, how did you progress so fast?

Oh, and the Mega Link doesn't work...
Again. :( I suppose the M&M doctor isn't back, either.

essay16v

Feb 6, 2019
Looks like you're still trying to use 0.15b here... :cautious: The errors look like they are coming from a contract no less, how did you progress so fast?
Well yes. I downloaded the 0.2 patch an unpacked it in the old game folder. I have no progress, this ist the screen when i start the game. i don't even get to the main menu

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
If you want to try 0.2, download 0.2 and install the patch on top of that.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Here you can find all the links for 0.15b and 0.2 beta: keep in mind that 0.15b is the current official release of BK, while 0.2 will be the next version and is currently in beta testing, so expect bugs.

download links:

and latest (0.15b only, oct 20 2019)

and latest (0.2 only, june 3 2021)

(all versions)

mods and girl packs on F95zone

Please don't mix patches with different game versions, it won't work. Consider 0.15b the latest stable version of BK and 0.2 a future release, not just an update: it's better to get rid of older versions and get a clean 0.2 setup, otherwise there may be more bugs. Old saves won't work.

Last edited:

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
Agree essay16v's trying to use the ver 0.2 beta update with a ver 0.15b base, which won't work.
The errors listed are compilation syntax errors, during generate of *.rpyc files.

----

For ver 0.2, a better update file will be posted later today, dated Jun 3 or later, available thru the links Kite80 posted.

essay16v

Feb 6, 2019
Agree essay16v's trying to use the ver 0.2 beta update with a ver 0.15b base, which won't work.
The errors listed are compilation syntax errors, during generate of *.rpyc files.

----

For ver 0.2, a better update file will be posted later today, dated Jun 3 or later, available thru the links Kite80 posted.
Yep. Had the 0.15b with the 0.2 patch because the 0.20 wasn't linked in the main page...

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Is there a way to play 0.15 or 0.2 on android tablet?
Technically, Joiplay supporting the right version of Ren'Py. In practice, the UI was never meant for a touchscreen, so you can expect to have some issues with that.

Reactions: essay16v

essay16v

Feb 6, 2019
Technically, Joiplay supporting the right version of Ren'Py. In practice, the UI was never meant for a touchscreen, so you can expect to have some issues with that.
No problem. I use an external keyboard with touchpad. That should do it. Joiplay it is then.

hotmike

Jan 28, 2018
What is the 'crazy' parameter? It is mentioned for instance with customer types that increase it. Has it got a relationship with events?

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes