Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
when will the Boa Hancock x her snake pet event in her room be solved I wonder, it's been there for such a long time now.
Boa got updated at some point, although that was a while ago. Is the latest version still bugged for you?

Can this game be updated to work with the latest renpy sdk 7.4.6? Only works on 7.3?
Most likely. But what are you missing from 7.4.6 that 7.3 does not have?

Yukihirou

Feb 4, 2018
Boa got updated at some point, although that was a while ago. Is the latest version still bugged for you?
Yeah, still happens to me.
I downloaded 0.2 and new patch from:
https://f95zone.to/threads/brothel-king-v0-15b-goldo.3282/post-5899189

I'll try to edit this post and post the error here.

EDIT: (File attached below as well)
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/BKmain.rpy", line 1272, in script call
call slave_interact(girl) from _call_slave_interact
File "game/BKinteractions.rpy", line 389, in script call
$ renpy.call(topic.label, girl)
File "game/BKinteractions.rpy", line 3330, in script call
call expression custom_label pass (girl=girl) from _call_expression_2
File "game/girls/Boa_Hancock/_events.rpy", line 271, in script
$ girl.acquire_perk(Perk("Snake-Weapon", Effect("change", "defense", 2), base_description = "She is protected by a guardian snake."))
File "game/girls/Boa_Hancock/_events.rpy", line 271, in <module>
$ girl.acquire_perk(Perk("Snake-Weapon", Effect("change", "defense", 2), base_description = "She is protected by a guardian snake."))
TypeError: __init__() takes at least 4 arguments (4 given)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "E:\Brothel_King-0.2 test2\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "E:\Brothel_King-0.2 test2\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Brothel King 0.2 v210316
Sat Jul 03 13:12:07 2021

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
Yeah, still happens to me.
I downloaded 0.2 and new patch from:
https://f95zone.to/threads/brothel-king-v0-15b-goldo.3282/post-5899189

EDIT: (File attached below as well)
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
If you downloaded the ver 0.2 from those links June 4 or later, you have the latest 0.2.

Here are my edited versions of her _events.rpy and _BK.ini files, which have fixed all her issues (at least programmatically...)
After unzipping, they go into her girl folder with her pics. You may want to delete or rename extension of _events.rpyc to force recompile next program start.
Last edited Nov 2020; the only section I put my personal tastes into is in cloning options, keep_first_name & keep_last_name.

The line that errors in yours is like this in mine:
Code:
 $ girl.acquire_perk(Perk("Snake-Weapon", "story", [Effect("change", "defense", 3)], base_description = "She is protected by a guardian snake."), forced=True)
View attachment Boa_event_ini.zip

Last edited:
Reactions: Yukihirou

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
It's not tested with new renp'y version yet, since 0.2 has been developed for a while I guess it will stick with 7.3, but I'm sure Goldo will use latest version for future updates. Meanwhile, nothing is stopping us to try BK on 7.4.6 and see if everything works fine

taler

Oct 5, 2017

Most likely. But what are you missing from 7.4.6 that 7.3 does not have?
I replaced my sdk with 7.4.6 instead of 7.3 and now I can't open the game anymore, it also doesn't work on joiplay for android which I assume upgrading would fix.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I replaced my sdk with 7.4.6 instead of 7.3 and now I can't open the game anymore, it also doesn't work on joiplay for android which I assume upgrading would fix.
I recently upgraded my other project from 7.2.2 to 7.4.6 and pretty much the only thing I needed to change was reinstall a couple of libraries. I assume it's the same for BK. On the other hand, I got very little utility out of said upgrade. :cautious:

But as far as Joiplay or Mac compatibility goes, the solution is to use a matching version of the launcher or Joiplay. Because otherwise Goldo would need to upgrade every time Joiplay or Ren'Py does, which really isn't going to fly until we get a public repo and some volunteers.

vadi9203

Aug 2, 2019
how can i download Cheat?
The game has an inbuild cheat menu for testing purpose. Just click on the "?" on the right side of the screen and then click on the activate cheat menu. (It will disable the archievement thou)
Or you can use Kite king's way mod from here:
Its works with the lastest 0.2 update if you are playing with that.

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
You should be able to force BK to run the Ren'Py that is bundled with it, instead of your later-release SDK. Check with Ren'Py Discord if necessary.

Yukihirou

Feb 4, 2018
Alright, first time trying to add new girls.
So let say I downloaded 2 Galko mods and after some observation, not a lot of images overlap. So I want to merge these 2, is it ok if I just copy paste them in together ?

Edit: sorry, just realized should have asked this in the approriate modding thread instead.

Last edited:

Yukihirou

Feb 4, 2018
Can't click show more items when on MC screen so If you hoarded foods and bougth a lightning rod, you can't possibly have MC equip it.

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
Can't click show more items when on MC screen so If you hoarded foods and bougth a lightning rod, you can't possibly have MC equip it.
I found a workaround; you can equip the MC items from the Shop or any of the other merchant screens.

Also, the lightning rod just needs to be owned to be effective in "that temple;" it is never equipped.

Yukihirou

Feb 4, 2018
And I got this one by chosing the "Do you have a boyfriend ?" option when speaking with Lady Homura

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Got this error trying to use those caltrop items
Yeah, that looks like an oversight. Item effects ought to be initialised as a list, not None. If you want to fix it yourself, find 'BKClasses.rpy' and do DougTheC's fix from below for change 'effects = None' to 'effects = []' in
Code:
    class Item(object):

"""This class is for inanimate objects that the MC or girls can own."""

def __init__(self, name, target, type, pic = None, template = False, rank = 1, max_rank = 5, rarity = 1, charges = None, price = 10000, effects = None, description = "", adjectives = None, sound = None, hidden_effect = False, pic_dir = None):
Edit: won't work on existing items, though. :(
And I got this one by chosing the "Do you have a boyfriend ?" option when speaking with Lady Homura
That looks like a WIP feature, what with the '(!)' comments and all.

Last edited:

Yukihirou

Feb 4, 2018
Yeah, that looks like an oversight. Item effects ought to be initialised as a list, not None. If you want to fix it yourself, find 'BKClasses.rpy' and change 'effects = None' to 'effects = []' in
I have been wanting to ask this beginner question for a while, how do I open .rpy file ? A quick search on google tell me about filemagic app something. Should I use that ?
I see, good bye 5k Denar.

And I get this while peeping Narika scene
Edit: Correction, you get this error regardless if you watch the peeoping scene or not. Should I ignore this error and proceed with the game ? ( I mean, it's just a check to remove unneeded quest item, it should be fine right ?)

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I have been wanting to ask this beginner question for a while, how do I open .rpy file ?
Any text editor that doesn't add its own formatting. So MS Word and similar are bad; Notepad, Wordpad, Notepad++ are good.

I see, good bye 5k Denar.
Trash the item and console 'MC.items.append(makibishis[0])'. But I'm pretty sure these don't actually do anything yet.

Should I ignore this error and proceed with the game ? ( I mean, it's just a check to remove unneeded quest item, it should be fine right ?)
You'll probably be fine, although ignoring errors is a slippery road. I think I recall this being reported once already? Edit: Yeah, it's in one of the last 0.2 bug reports on HHS.

Last edited:

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
Yeah, that looks like an oversight. Item effects ought to be initialised as a list, not None. If you want to fix it yourself, find 'BKClasses.rpy' and change 'effects = None' to 'effects = []' in
Code:
    class Item(object):

"""This class is for inanimate objects that the MC or girls can own."""

def __init__(self, name, target, type, pic = None, template = False, rank = 1, max_rank = 5, rarity = 1, charges = None, price = 10000, effects = None, description = "", adjectives = None, sound = None, hidden_effect = False, pic_dir = None):
Wait one minute there, Jman...

Do you remember back in August 2020 about the "shared list" problem in class init?

So the proper fix is probably to add near the start of the __init__ stmts:
Code:
            if effects == None:
                effects = []
=====
Also, I think you (Edit: usually) need to use copy.deepcopy() when giving MC an item:

Any text editor that doesn't add its own formatting. So MS Word and similar are bad; Notepad, Wordpad, Notepad++ are good.

Trash the item and console 'MC.items.append(makibishis[0])'. But I'm pretty sure these don't actually do anything yet.
Edit: But Jman found evidence that makibishis may be an exception as unique objects.
Probably need 'MC.items.append(copy.deepcopy(makibishis[0]))' so you have a new object, and not a link/pointer to the template object.

Make sure you don't input ANY tabs in whitespace/indents, or "fancy quotemarks"; Ren'Py hates those.

Concur the makibishis don't do anything until future Kunoichi code. HHS forums have ways to make ninja hunt easier.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jman9

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Wait one minute there, Jman...
Yeah, you're right. These effing mutable defaults... :cry:

Also, I think you need to use copy.deepcopy() when giving MC an item:
Usually, yes, and that's what I thought of initially. But Goldo wrote the shop additions like this:
Code:
self.items += [it for it in makibishis if it not in MC.items]
So he could very well be checking 'item in makibishis' later on, and deepcopy will screw with that. Probably best to deep copy all cases, but I'm not going to rewrite the game here.

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes