Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Can somebody update the OP preview pics to actually show some gameplay/ui shit? CGs do absolutely nothing to explain if a game is worth playing.

Reactions: gra7

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Can somebody update the OP preview pics
That's a problem we've had for a long time. Nobody's been particularly keen to do these screenshots, be it Goldo, a player or whoever. You want to take some, that'd be a quick path to getting a tiny amount of fame and some likes. :sneaky:

Updating the OP is a hassle, plus there are other issues with it. I offered to update the OP once, back when we had the 'abandoned' tag issue, but nobody seemed to actually want it. The best you can do is look at mod promo screenshots as hinted at here. But these are mods, both being out of date and most likely never getting updated again.

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
There's also the factor that we know we'll have to do it at least once, whenever 0.2 gets released, and the idea of doing it twice is not pleasant. So in my mind at least the effort keeps getting delayed until 0.2, whenever that ends up being.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Actually nobody is able to chance OP without asking a moderator's help, so the idea is to wait for 0.2 official release, start a new discussion and have this one closed with a link for the new one.

theangelsdust

Dec 30, 2017
Been running into an issue with the latest version of .2 where images for the town(free girls), girls screen in the brothel(showing all your girls), and in the market are showing both naked and regular profile pics. DougTheC mentioned something similar on the HHS forum in gameplay and design discussion. It is showing the same picture and not cycling for days at a time such as profile naked (00006) and the girls are not instructed to be naked or have the naturalist perk. Not an issue in previous issues of .2 or .15 not getting any kind of error codes either.

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
Been running into an issue with the latest version of .2 where images for the town(free girls), girls screen in the brothel(showing all your girls), and in the market are showing both naked and regular profile pics. DougTheC mentioned something similar on the HHS forum in gameplay and design discussion. It is showing the same picture and not cycling for days at a time such as profile naked (00006) and the girls are not instructed to be naked or have the naturalist perk. Not an issue in previous issues of .2 or .15 not getting any kind of error codes either.
I haven't run into this at all for city girls or non-naturist owned girls (not recently bought) in any ver 0.2 release including latest, and as Leortha said in HHS, this is likely a fulfilled request for the slave market, where the goods would be often "on display."
My note was that in the limited case after buying the slave, code should "do cleanup" to switch to non-naked profile right away (for non-naturist).

Anyone else seeing this for city girls or non-naturist owned girls?

Lines starting with 432 in BKgirlclass.rpy should be (or you may not have latest release of ver 0.2):
Code:
            elif self in game.free_girls: # Free girls will never be naked. Profile picture changes according to current location
                self.portrait = self.get_pic("portrait", "profile", not_tags = ["naked"], and_priority=False, soft=True)
                if self.location.lower() in town_locations: # Reminder: self.location contains location name (string)
                    self.profile = self.get_pic("profile", "portrait", and_tags=["town"], not_tags = ["naked", "beach", "nature"], soft=True)
                elif self.location.lower() in beach_locations:
                    self.profile = self.get_pic("profile", "portrait", and_tags=["beach"], not_tags = ["naked", "town", "nature"], soft=True)
                elif self.location.lower() in nature_locations:
                    self.profile = self.get_pic("profile", "portrait", and_tags=["nature"], not_tags = ["naked", "town", "beach"], soft=True)
                elif self.location.lower() in court_locations:
                    self.profile = self.get_pic("date", "geisha", "profile", and_tag=["profile"], not_tags = ["naked", "beach", "nature"], soft=True)
                else:
                    self.profile = self.get_pic("profile", "portrait", not_tags = ["naked"], soft=True)

Last edited:

Axiomat112

Jan 24, 2021
i recently run into a bug. can anyone help with this? here's the stuff from the traceback file:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/BKendday.rpy", line 344, in script
python:
File "game/BKendday.rpy", line 474, in <module>
raise AssertionError, "No act available from girls."
AssertionError: No act available from girls.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\Lenovo\Downloads\Gamer\Brothel_King_015b\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 306, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\Lenovo\Downloads\Gamer\Brothel_King_015b\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\main.py", line 513, in main
run(restart)
File "C:\Users\Lenovo\Downloads\Gamer\Brothel_King_015b\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\main.py", line 139, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "C:\Users\Lenovo\Downloads\Gamer\Brothel_King_015b\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 879, in run_context
context.run()
python:
File "C:\Users\Lenovo\Downloads\Gamer\Brothel_King_015b\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\Lenovo\Downloads\Gamer\Brothel_King_015b\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1912, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Brothel King 0.15b
Wed Jul 14 11:40:25 2021

Axiomat112

Jan 24, 2021
i recently run into a bug. can anyone help with this? here's the stuff from the traceback file:

While running game code:
python:

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\Lenovo\Downloads\Gamer\Brothel_King_015b\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 306, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\Lenovo\Downloads\Gamer\Brothel_King_015b\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\main.py", line 513, in main
run(restart)
File "C:\Users\Lenovo\Downloads\Gamer\Brothel_King_015b\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\main.py", line 139, in run
File "C:\Users\Lenovo\Downloads\Gamer\Brothel_King_015b\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 879, in run_context
context.run()
python:
File "C:\Users\Lenovo\Downloads\Gamer\Brothel_King_015b\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
File "C:\Users\Lenovo\Downloads\Gamer\Brothel_King_015b\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1912, in py_exec_bytecode

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Brothel King 0.15b
i got another bug again:

While running game code:
python:
File "game/BKendday.rpy", line 414, in <module>
perform_events += perform(girl.job, (girl,), her_cust)
File "game/BKfunctions.rpy", line 1835, in perform
pic = girl.get_pic(perform_job_dict[act + "_tags"], "naked", and_tags = "naked", not_tags = ("group", "bisexual", "beast", "monster"))
File "game/BKgirlclass.rpy", line 764, in get_pic
if "portrait" not in (tags + and_tags + not_tags):
TypeError: can only concatenate list (not "tuple") to list

Full traceback:
renpy.main.main()
run(restart)
context.run()
python:
pic = girl.get_pic(perform_job_dict[act + "_tags"], "naked", and_tags = "naked", not_tags = ("group", "bisexual", "beast", "monster"))
File "C:\Users\Lenovo\Downloads\Gamer\Brothel_King_015b\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\python.py", line 816, in newmethod
l = method(*args, **kwargs)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Brothel King 0.15b
Thu Jul 15 12:12:49 2021

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018

python:

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Brothel King 0.15b
i got another bug again:

File "C:\Users\Lenovo\Downloads\Gamer\Brothel_King_015b\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\python.py", line 816, in newmethod
l = method(*args, **kwargs)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Brothel King 0.15b
Thu Jul 15 12:12:49 2021

See this post for the two issues:
  1. All girls assigned as whores need to have at least one sex act checked on the girl's page that they are permitted to work. Doing this will likely solve error 1.
  2. You have not downloaded and installed the Oct 2019 patch for ver 0.15b, given on the original post. Almost all BK versions require a base code and a patch download. The code in your first error is slightly different, and there is code changed in BKgirlclass.rpy get_pic() that directly solves your second error.
  3. I re-found this old post by using Thread Search on "No act available". Searches on the right text can often help.

Last edited:

Axiomat112

Jan 24, 2021
See this post for the two issues:
  1. All girls assigned as whores need to have at least one sex act checked on the girl's page that they are permitted to work. Doing this will likely solve error 1.
  2. You have not downloaded and installed the Oct 2019 patch for ver 0.15, given on the original post. Almost all BK versions require a base code and a patch download. The code in your first error is slightly different, and there is code changed in BKgirlclass.rpy get_pic() that directly solves your second error.
  3. I re-found this old post by using Thread Search on "No act available". Searches on the right text can often help.
Ah i did not notice there was a patch i had to download. Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
Ah i did not notice there was a patch i had to download. Thanks for the help!
Also, you should delete the *.rpyc in the /game folder (before or after patch install), and the next time you start the game it will recompile. (Edit: For minor patch updates, ) you may be able to use save games you made, though if you haven't spent much time in game, starting a new game is safest.

If you left in files like BKgirlclass.rpyc, you'd still be using the program before patch, since Ren'Py package usually would compare and say, that file was compiled recently and BKgirlclass.rpy is from Oct 2019 (earlier than compiled file), so program wouldn't recompile.

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
...and he's got a new beta patch out, one with working makibishis and stuff.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Link for new patch 0.2:

As usual, previous saves won't probably work correctly for some events, so better start a new game

Reactions: Ego Orb and Reij

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
As usual, previous saves won't probably work correctly for some events, so better start a new game
Goldo said:
The latest patch shouldn't break your save (hopefully).
And if it does, it's probably good to know, because that indicates the code makes unwarranted assumptions somewhere.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
It's still a beta patch, and had to be hotfixed almost immediately. :cry: So, no. It's probably stable enough that you can play it and correct minor issues as you go, or ask here for help. But I'd say Goldo is still some ways off from including all the features he wants to have in a full release of 0.2. Until then, all patches should be considered 'untested' on principle.

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
is this one stable enough or it untested yet?
All the ver 0.2 beta releases will have some bugs because the project is developing. If you are comfortable with dealing with bugs/crashes (and being familiar with some release of BK will help), you are welcome to help test and squash bugs to help progress.

The ver 0.15b with its patch from the OP is relatively stable/bug-free. Don't mix and match base code & patches between 0.15b & 0.2 !

Errors/bug reports for ver 0.2 are best posted in the .

Last edited:

doujinftw

Nov 26, 2020
All the ver 0.2 beta releases will have some bugs because the project is developing. If you are comfortable with dealing with bugs/crashes (and being familiar with some release of BK will help), you are welcome to help test and squash bugs to help progress.

The ver 0.15b with its patch from the OP is relatively stable/bug-free. Don't mix and match base code & patches between 0.15b & 0.2 !

Errors/bug reports for ver 0.2 are best posted in the .
yeh this exactly what i looking for, i were about to plaster the 0.2 version all over the old 0.15b version since i thought it would just be an update

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes