Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

dcb42

Apr 1, 2018
This game is amazing because I forget that it exists for long stretches of time, but then when I'm reminded of it and start playing it again, I inevitably lose, like, a week to it

vadi9203

Aug 2, 2019
This is when you either need to guess whats her other hobby or unlock it with the King's way mod to see it.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Either way seems there is a new patch and that fixed it.
A new game patch won't fix a broken _BK.ini. I think what you're seeing is that the game didn't try to use that .ini for a while. Fix the .ini, or the problem will come back to bite you.

Girls sometimes have more than one hobby.
Girls always have exactly two hobbies. They're coy about mentioning the missing one, though. In theory, the RNG gods can troll you forever and let her only tell you about the first one. :D

Reactions: DuniX

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016

vadi9203

Aug 2, 2019
That doesn't help finding the bad ones.
You can do some debugging with the renpy.write_log("" + str()) and self.pack_name somewhere along the traceback in the BKgirlclass. It will write it to the log.txt. So rollback and save where the error is.
I know it's dosnt help in finding the bad ones. I posted it if he want to remake them.

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Got this when encountering the ninja in the slums for the second time and then have the scene later on in the day in the brothel where we cast an eavesdrop on her.

Code:
While running game code:
  File "game/BKendday.rpy", line 62, in script call
    call play_events(type = "night") from _call_play_events
  File "game/BKevents.rpy", line 663, in script call
    call display_events(ev_list) from _call_display_events
  File "game/BKevents.rpy", line 675, in script call
    $ ev.play()
  File "game/BKchapter2.rpy", line 6468, in script
    $ unlock_achievement("h narika")
  File "game/BKchapter2.rpy", line 6468, in <module>
  File "game/BKachievements.rpy", line 230, in unlock_achievement
    if achievement_dict[target].unlock(level_cap):
KeyError: u'h narika'
Jumping into the console and throwing things into emacs I have the keyerror diagnosed as this call in BKchapter2.rpy:

Code:
            scene black with fade
            narika angry "UWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!" with vpunch

$ NPC_narika.love += 1
but the achievement initialization list in BKachievements.rpy has this:

Code:
                        Achievement("Chapter 2: The Naughty Schoolgirl", "You have peeped on Narika's secret intimate session.", pic="portrait.webp", pic_path="NPC/kunoichi/narika/", target="c2 narika"),
So that call should have been unlock_achievement("c2 narika").

This is the point where my comment about doing stupid things with RMB prevents me from doing a rollback after getting out of the console on the traceback, doing RMB to save, editing the BKchapter2.rpy file to fix the key error and then doing a load to pick up from the point of the error. I ended up doing an ignore and then jumping back into the console to do a manual unlock_achievement("c2 narika") call.

vadi9203

Aug 2, 2019
Got this when encountering the ninja in the slums for the second time and then have the scene later on in the day in the brothel where we cast an eavesdrop on her.

Code:
While running game code:
  File "game/BKendday.rpy", line 62, in script call
    call play_events(type = "night") from _call_play_events
  File "game/BKevents.rpy", line 663, in script call
    call display_events(ev_list) from _call_display_events
  File "game/BKevents.rpy", line 675, in script call
    $ ev.play()
  File "game/BKchapter2.rpy", line 6468, in script
  File "game/BKchapter2.rpy", line 6468, in <module>
  File "game/BKachievements.rpy", line 230, in unlock_achievement
    if achievement_dict[target].unlock(level_cap):
KeyError: u'h narika'
Jumping into the console and throwing things into emacs I have the keyerror diagnosed as this call in BKchapter2.rpy:

Code:
            scene black with fade
            narika angry "UWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!" with vpunch

$ NPC_narika.love += 1
but the achievement initialization list in BKachievements.rpy has this:

Code:
                        Achievement("Chapter 2: The Naughty Schoolgirl", "You have peeped on Narika's secret intimate session.", pic="portrait.webp", pic_path="NPC/kunoichi/narika/", target="c2 narika"),
So that call should have been unlock_achievement("c2 narika").

This is the point where my comment about doing stupid things with RMB prevents me from doing a rollback after getting out of the console on the traceback, doing RMB to save, editing the BKchapter2.rpy file to fix the key error and then doing a load to pick up from the point of the error. I ended up doing an ignore and then jumping back into the console to do a manual unlock_achievement("c2 narika") call.
You aren't using the lastest patch provided. It was already changed in it.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
This is the point where my comment about doing stupid things with RMB prevents me from doing a rollback after getting out of the console on the traceback, doing RMB to save...
What's preventing you from 'doing ESC to save'? Do you have some sort of hardcoded Ren'Py keymap in your head that you can't edit? :p

If you want to play and debug at the same time, it's probably better to enable and use Shift+R, and do your rollbacks (if any are still needed) after that.

Moz69

Nov 20, 2017
1633870353214.png

someone knows how to finish that goal. ive still met all 3. Not sure whats the right dialogue there (im playing in hard mode is a bit more challenging than it was before)

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
That's the thing. I'm expecting LMB to do what every other Renpy game usually does. ESC is only to bail the console. I never even noticed that BK maps ESC to the saves screen because it's a non-standard mapping. It's like getting used to doing a power attack with a knife in one game with a specific combo. Then you move to another where it makes you throw the knife instead.

What's preventing you from 'doing ESC to save'? Do you have some sort of hardcoded Ren'Py keymap in your head that you can't edit? :p

If you want to play and debug at the same time, it's probably better to enable and use Shift+R, and do your rollbacks (if any are still needed) after that.

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Yeah I thought I only had to meet each of the three once. It turns out you have to go back to each repeatedly. It does appear to trigger a palace sequence after you meet them all the firs time though.

I found my key error thing meeting the slum one for the second time.

View attachment 1445791

someone knows how to finish that goal. ive still met all 3. Not sure whats the right dialogue there (im playing in hard mode is a bit more challenging than it was before)

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Ug.... You'd think they'd put patch rev numbers on the game patch files at least. I'd hate to have to use SHA or MD5 to figure out which is which.

You aren't using the lastest patch provided. It was already changed in it.

vadi9203

Aug 2, 2019
Ug.... You'd think they'd put patch rev numbers on the game patch files at least. I'd hate to have to use SHA or MD5 to figure out which is which.
Someone will always provide the new patch when it's comming out. Either me, Leortha or Kite.

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes