Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
What would you say is the average image size? I have no problem deleting everything above X MBs or above YxZ dimensions.

One problem with judging the pack size is video. Video images add significantly to the size of a pack. And it's hard to judge if they are contributing to the problem or not. So the numbers I will speak of below do not at all account for video images in a pack, which can dramatically increase the pack size.

I convert all my packs to WEBP and shrink their file size before I release packs. So I can speak easily to pack sizes shrunk and not shrunk.

Taking that into account, any pack over 30-40MB is a large pack. Anything over 50-60MB likely has not been compacted. Anything over 100MB has almost certainly not been compacted.

Reactions: Tbko

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
What would you say is the average image size?
I think the biggest problem is not file size as such, but image resolution. So downscaling the lot in one go is probably a better idea. I might be wrong, of course, since nobody has made an in-depth study or found a definite cause (yet?).

Reactions: Tbko

maewen

Nov 8, 2021
Can we add a fixation to a girl in _BK.ini file that she always dislikes?

always_fixations=[] is working all the time but, disliked_fixations=[] is based on chance

__neronero

Jan 23, 2021
Can we add a fixation to a girl in _BK.ini file that she always dislikes?

always_fixations=[] is working all the time but, disliked_fixations=[] is based on chance
I haven't tested it, but it the following lines can be added to your BK.ini under [sexual preferences] to force (or avoid) negative fixations.

always_negative_fixations = []
never_negative_fixations = []

Reactions: Mario8080

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I don't think 'never_negative_fixations' does anything, and the first will just fail to do anything at some point, probably even the beginning.

maewen

Nov 8, 2021
I haven't tested it, but it the following lines can be added to your BK.ini under [sexual preferences] to force (or avoid) negative fixations.

always_negative_fixations = []
never_negative_fixations = []
I have tested 'always_negative_fixations = []' and it works most of the time.

__neronero

Jan 23, 2021
I don't think 'never_negative_fixations' does anything, and the first will just fail to do anything at some point, probably even the beginning.
Yeah, looking at the code now 'never_negative_fixations' is saved but not actually used anywhere...
But ' always_negative_fixations' looks fine to me. Just don't add too many; at more than 2 the game will ignore some of the input.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I thought you literally meant 'always_negative_fixations = []'. Because that does exactly nothing. Putting actual negative fixations in there works, of course. Well, works in the sense of filling the spots with your favourites, not avoiding them completely.

Wolfefang

Jan 28, 2020
There are 2 new trainers Stella and the guild woman. I would be interested to know who the Guild woman is and how to get the new trainers.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Stella has been a trainer for quite a while now. There's a side quest involving her and triggering all the femdom-haters here, she becomes a trainer after finishing that.

The 'guild woman' is presumably the Taxgirl? She needs to love you, and you can probably guess what makes a taxgirl love you. :sneaky:

Wolfefang

Jan 28, 2020
Stella has been a trainer for quite a while now. There's a side quest involving her and triggering all the femdom-haters here, she becomes a trainer after finishing that.
Thank you for the response, how is Stella's quest triggered.

Krew

May 5, 2017
The Patch needs to be reuploaded to a different host.

Edit: Ehh, found it, still didn't help. To this day the 0.2 still throws exceptions as soon as you hit update girl mix button right from the get go. I followed the installation instructions to a t as well, so unless I'm missing something here...

Just repeating this for newcomers:
  • To play this game, you require the game 0.2 + latest patch + girl packs uncompressed in the girl folder.
  • The patch listed in the opening post at the moment is NOT the latest patch and will cause errors. The latest patch is .
  • If you run into an error, please search the thread before posting, you can likely find your answer already by searching with the last line in your error log.

Last edited:

Krew

May 5, 2017
The explanation and answers are .

There are two easy solutions: either delete your 'persistent' data by nuking both saves folders (in the game directory and under Appdata), or just consoling 'persistent.girl_mix["default"] = []'. I think the issue has been discussed in this thread here, too.

Most of it is usually indeed pointless. The majority of the time, it's the last line that tells you exactly what went wrong and where. Of course, not knowing how the game or indeed Python work can sometimes leave you scratching your head...
This fixed it, for those of you who are still looking.

Purple_Heart

Oct 15, 2021
I don't understand love and trust mechanics in this game. Can someone explain to me how do I raise them to max? I can't seem to raise them higher than +2.

Wolfefang

Jan 28, 2020
I don't understand love and trust mechanics in this game. Can someone explain to me how do I raise them to max? I can't seem to raise them higher than +2.
Love is locked by level. +2 sounds like the slums or the first improvement to the brothel. Trust I believe isactaully fear same mechanics.

Reactions: Purple_Heart

Purple_Heart

Oct 15, 2021
Love is locked by level. +2 sounds like the slums or the first improvement to the brothel. Trust I believe isactaully fear same mechanics.
So I can't max them because I'm still at slums? That's disappointing but not a big deal I guess.

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
So I can't max them because I'm still at slums? That's disappointing but not a big deal I guess.
To go at this from a technical angle, that's not quite the case, though it ends up working out that way.

The love/trust stats are only capped in the slums indirectly.

The zone/chapter you are in caps the available rank for the girls. And it is the girl's rank that directly caps love/trust, as well as most other stats. At C rank everything about a girl's stats, including love/trust, is capped at fairly low levels.

Why this matters is because once you move on the further chapters, you still have to deal with girls that are lower rank than the current rank cap. So even in chapter 2 your C ranked girls will still have low caps until you manage to get them promoted to Rank B.

Purple_Heart

Oct 15, 2021
I knew stats were capped because of rank but I didn't think rank would affect love and trust.

This should be explained somewhere in the game, I am trying to min/max everything before progressing further in the game and there are a lot of unexplained stuff that confuses me. Here's few that just came to my mind:
  • Main skills seemingly randomly increasing when training sex skills.
  • What does making a girl permanently nude do?
  • Sometimes even chatting with girls increases main skills, is it possible to know which skill might increase for each chat option? Or is it random? There is literally 0 information about what chatting will do, sometimes libido increases sometimes fear decreases. I just don't get it.

I would've preferred to write all these at HHS because apparently developer isn't even in this forum but for some reason my HHS account still needs admin approval.

Torinir

Jun 12, 2017
I knew stats were capped because of rank but I didn't think rank would affect love and trust.

This should be explained somewhere in the game, I am trying to min/max everything before progressing further in the game and there are a lot of unexplained stuff that confuses me. Here's few that just came to my mind:
  • Main skills seemingly randomly increasing when training sex skills.
  • What does making a girl permanently nude do?
  • Sometimes even chatting with girls increases main skills, is it possible to know which skill might increase for each chat option? Or is it random? There is literally 0 information about what chatting will do, sometimes libido increases sometimes fear decreases. I just don't get it.

I would've preferred to write all these at HHS because apparently developer isn't even in this forum but for some reason my HHS account still needs admin approval.
Skill increases are 1d6 + modifiers, same as stats.

The first time you force a girl full time nude, she gets the naturist trait, which removes the obedience check from future nudity requests for her.

Talking to a girl about topics will usually raise Mood and Love, and lower Fear. Specific topics have a chance to increase specific stats. Asking about brothel life can increase Libido, getting along with other girls can increase Charm, life as a slave for Obedience, getting along with customers for Sensitivity. Asking about her tastes can also increase sex preferences, if she responds about them positively.

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes