Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Nope. Nothing.
What does this mean? You're not getting Lyndis clones to show up with 'Virgin', 'Naughty' and 'Fearful', high body/constitution and low charm/libido/obedience?

Tried a fresh 2.0 install (downloaded 10/20) & used your exact ini file.
Zip and repost, maybe something got corrupted. And double check that you take the right file from the right directory, i.e. not from another installation, not a duplicate, etc.

Although i honestly have absolutely no idea what the hell is going on with patches and versions and such.
F95 sucks at maintaining BK patches. Use the main file and the update from .

Although I have no idea how it'd affect the ini files since it looks the same as 0.15.whatever.
I don't think there's any difference, but I haven't really checked. Maybe there is some minor difference in how 0.2 reads .ini files, maybe there isn't. I tested on the latest 0.2.

Purple_Heart

Oct 15, 2021
I'm getting this error in the picture I've attached, is this normal? It's my first time playing this game so I'm not sure what is supposed to happen when I click there. Fyi, I don't have any mods active. I'm just using basic girls pack.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
...is this normal?
The screenshot looks normal enough, what do you think is odd about it?

The error is of course not normal. I suspect you're using the outdated patch provided in the OP here. Use the one from instead.

Purple_Heart

Oct 15, 2021
The screenshot looks normal enough, what do you think is odd about it?

The error is of course not normal. I suspect you're using the outdated patch provided in the OP here. Use the one from instead.
First screenshot is there to show where the error happens, indicated by a red arrow. When I click there I get the error message in the second screenshot. I didn't download patch from OP but I'm downloading both game and patch again, this time from HHS just to be sure.
Edit: I've downloaded from HHS and applied patch but I still get same error.

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I've downloaded from HHS and applied patch but I still get same error.
I guess it's an actual bug. Either don't click there (because it does nothing) or change lines 1006-1007 in BKmain.rpy from
Code:
        if not result:
            pass
to
Code:
        if not result or isinstance(result,NullAction):
            pass

Reactions: Purple_Heart

Tbko

Aug 22, 2017
So I've been playing the game for a while now, my problem is that I have to save my game after EVERY action I make because the app is constantly closing itself (mostly when I go into the "Girls" interface, "Slave Market" interface or when they're working), whenever this happens there is no traceback.log.

Sometimes I get an actual crash that talks about some lines in BK_ini (it's been a while since I got that error so I don't exactly remember what the actual error was but I always solved it by clicking "Rollback" until the app fixed itself).

I don't know if those two are correlated errors but I thought it may be the case, what should I do to play without worrying every second about saving the game and losing progress?

Purple_Heart

Oct 15, 2021
I guess it's an actual bug. Either don't click there (because it does nothing) or change lines 1006-1007 in BKmain.rpy from
Code:
        if not result:
            pass
to
Code:
        if not result or isinstance(result,NullAction):
            pass
So that button has no function? I thought it was supposed to do something, thanks for informing me. I'll just don't click that button.

Also to whoever involved in developing this game, thank you! I'm genuinely enjoying it, looking forward to this game's completion.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
What does the Noble trait does? Cause it doesn't seem to affect prestige gain.
It's your MC's prestige gain.

So I've been playing the game for a while now, my problem is that I have to save my game after EVERY action I make because the app is constantly closing itself (mostly when I go into the "Girls" interface, "Slave Market" interface or when they're working), whenever this happens there is no traceback.log.
Is there anything useful in one of the log files (traceback.txt, errors.txt, log.txt)? Could be some manifestation of the 'out of memory' issue in relation to your girl packs, since crashing seems to happen when the game is trying to display one of the girl images.

And you say 'app', are you playing the game on a non-PC or non-Windows setup?

Sometimes I get an actual crash that talks about some lines in BK_ini...
...what should I do to play without worrying every second about saving the game and losing progress?
Rollback doesn't really fix such errors.

What you can do is check your girl packs and edit or delete the offending .ini file. There are also some other ideas you could try to make memory issues less frequent.

So that button has no function?
Well, you can click it and there's a 'click' sound. :p Several interface elements are some variety of 'button' without necessarily being a button that does something. Peculiarities of doing UI in Ren'Py.

Also to whoever involved in developing this game...
That would be Goldo, who is not here on F95.

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
I'm getting this error in the picture I've attached, is this normal? It's my first time playing this game so I'm not sure what is supposed to happen when I click there. Fyi, I don't have any mods active. I'm just using basic girls pack.
I reported the error in this line Oct 17th, on HHS ver 0.2 forum thread. From creation of "badges" system you can add to remind you about things about your girls.

Not fixed yet; don't click there...

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
Most frequent cause of crash without traceback seems to be for girlpacks with excessively high resolution images. Check them for filesizes, and move girl folders with files above 400% of the average image size to somewhere else for testing, and use the "?" help system for top right to "repair girl/MC pictures."

Once you find girl folders that may cause problems, you can try putting them back without the highest-res pics, or revising those to lower res.

Purple_Heart

Oct 15, 2021
Ok, thanks everyone. I've got a new question now, is it possible to mod the game so I can train girls more than once in a day? I'm trying to find the code in game files but I couldn't find it.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
...is it possible to mod the game so I can train girls more than once in a day?
Yes. BKclasses.rpy, find these lines:
Code:
            elif self.group == "train" and girl.MC_interact_counters[self.group] >= 1:
                return False, "You cannot train a girl more than once per day."
Change the 1 to whatever you like (3 is probably enough) and the text as well if you wish.

Purple_Heart

Oct 15, 2021
Yes. BKclasses.rpy, find these lines:
Code:
            elif self.group == "train" and girl.MC_interact_counters[self.group] >= 1:
                return False, "You cannot train a girl more than once per day."
Change the 1 to whatever you like (3 is probably enough) and the text as well if you wish.
Thanks dude, I was getting tired of failing training 50% time.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Well, now you'll be failing 3 times in quick succession, or 5, or whatever you put in there. :p

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
are there videos in here or only pictures for the add-ons?
Version 0.2 of BK supports video in the girl packs. But it is up to the individual pack maker whether or not they want to include such in a given pack.

I personally avoid them, because they use up a significantly larger amount of space than still video. And the space on my Mega is limited. If I started including video I would start running out of storage apace before too long.

But there are other pack makers that have embraced the idea of including video files in their packs.

Tbko

Aug 22, 2017
Is there anything useful in one of the log files (traceback.txt, errors.txt, log.txt)? Could be some manifestation of the 'out of memory' issue in relation to your girl packs, since crashing seems to happen when the game is trying to display one of the girl images.

And you say 'app', are you playing the game on a non-PC or non-Windows setup?
The log.txt doesn't really show any exception or error that makes the game close itself (I was saying "app" because I'm used to calling whatever projects/programs/apps/websites I'm working on in my job, sorry about that x_x, I use Windows). There aren't any traceback.txt or errors.txt created either.

What you can do is check your girl packs and edit or delete the offending .ini file. There are also some other ideas you could try to make memory issues less frequent.

I followed your instructions and I edited the properties you mentioned in the link you posted, I'm hoping that works :D

Most frequent cause of crash without traceback seems to be for girlpacks with excessively high resolution images. Check them for filesizes, and move girl folders with files above 400% of the average image size to somewhere else for testing, and use the "?" help system for top right to "repair girl/MC pictures."
What would you say is the average image size? I have no problem deleting everything above X MBs or above YxZ dimensions.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 44 Votes