Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
is this game near complete ? 0.2.... game from 2017... before pandemic... after million die(human) game still not done...
I promise that any humans that died in the development of this game shall not be forgotten...

As mentioned elsewhere, this is a hobby project, largely by one person. You can participate in the HHS forums if you're serious about helping the game, in things like debugging.

Reactions: 246 and Jman9

Daba

Jan 22, 2018
How many story chapters are done by now? When I played last, story ended I think when you arrest corrupt captain lady and then it was sandbox. So anything new of story in chapters?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
There's essentially one new chapter. We had chapter 1 before (until the 'wyre' subplot ended) and now we have a similar sort of plot for chapter 2. Maybe somewhat more complex, even. Perhaps Goldo has some bits of chapter 3 done he isn't sharing yet, but the rest is essentially still on the drawing board.

Reactions: 246 and Daba

DeadEyesSee

Jan 27, 2018
Not sure if I understand correctly what I found in this thread so far but with this new version it is impossible to progress to the second license, correct?
Not sure if it's maybe just a bug on my part.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
No, it's been quite possible to proceed to chapter 3 and beyond. People - myself included - even had extensive discussions about how hard the check was.

I think there was a moment a patch or two ago when something went awry, but these issues should be resolved now. Use Goldo's own patch if in doubt.

What exactly is blocking you?

Reactions: DeadEyesSee

DeadEyesSee

Jan 27, 2018
No, it's been quite possible to proceed to chapter 3 and beyond. People - myself included - even had extensive discussions about how hard the check was.

I think there was a moment a patch or two ago when something went awry, but these issues should be resolved now. Use Goldo's own patch if in doubt.

What exactly is blocking you?
It's possible that I was on that patch I just updated to the most recent one in the OP, I suppose that is also the one you are linking me to?
Nothing should be holding me back i have the 3 weird ninja encounters but as I understand it you cannot progress them past the third meeting. Other than that it should only require 6 rank B and 7.5k gold ... I have 12 rank B and 200k that's why I was wondering XD

vadi9203

Aug 2, 2019
Not sure if I understand correctly what I found in this thread so far but with this new version it is impossible to progress to the second license, correct?
Not sure if it's maybe just a bug on my part.
If you mean to progress to chapter 4 i dont know if it's was fixed didn't tryed it out so far. But if it's still blocking you in chapter 3 then i posted a solution awhile back. You can find it here

Reactions: DeadEyesSee
Dec 9, 2019
Okay, so I'm stuck. Not sure if this is just the end of current development or a bug.

I've progressed to the point of "Rank up 6 girls to B and have x amount in the bank" HOWEVER all my girls are already B rank, and I've got WAY more then the needed amount of money. So is this just the end of things?

Also, I'm stuck on the 3 Ninjas. Looking for a way to neutralize their final powers.

vadi9203

Aug 2, 2019
It's possible that I was on that patch I just updated to the most recent one in the OP, I suppose that is also the one you are linking me to?
Nothing should be holding me back i have the 3 weird ninja encounters but as I understand it you cannot progress them past the third meeting. Other than that it should only require 6 rank B and 7.5k gold ... I have 12 rank B and 200k that's why I was wondering XD
Okay, so I'm stuck. Not sure if this is just the end of current development or a bug.

I've progressed to the point of "Rank up 6 girls to B and have x amount in the bank" HOWEVER all my girls are already B rank, and I've got WAY more then the needed amount of money. So is this just the end of things?

Also, I'm stuck on the 3 Ninjas. Looking for a way to neutralize their final powers.
I see that you dont like to read i just posted the solution for it above you.

Open the console with shift+o then type this there:
Code:
game.set_task(None, "story")
Code:
game.set_task(None, "story2")
Code:
game.set_task(None, "story3")

• Angry
Reactions: curiouslycruising

rux

Dec 17, 2017
Gotta say, I'm really enjoying the game except for one major problem. The event where dudes basically riot through your establishment, hurt all your girls (leaving them unable to earn money for the next few days), and adding 100(!) dirt to the brothel is absolute trash. It's nearly impossible to come back from that, to the point where I've gotten game over several times. The game doesn't let you pay to clean up in increments either - it's all or nothing. Before I could earn enough money to pay to clean the place the first time, the event happened again. Would love to see this event either taken out completely or at least toned down in the future.

Reactions: DougTheC and Daba

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
These events are there to spice things up and reward caring about security and taking a personal interest in it. And a reminder to have a 'rainy days' stash, and not just spend it all immediately. Doesn't have to be monetary (because that increases threat!), you can hoard resources, items or even slavegirls at the farm.

You have some tools to avoid the ill effects, too. 100 dirt and some hurt girls tells me you're in chapter 2. Max security there is 16/2 = 8, I think you can expect the MC to have 3-4 strength with a weapon without too much hassle, and the thresholds for success are 12 and 8. So with some focus and reserved AP, all brawls can be completely neutralised. With just max security, you can avoid hurt girls and halve the dirt penalty.

That being said, in higher chapters the threshold will grow much faster than security, so you do have a point.

There are also other bad high-level events, like the one where a girl can get kidnapped along with 15% of your gold, or the 'siege' that can destroy expensive furniture. Security is no joke.

And you ain't yet seen the worst of it. In a certain nutso mod, regular arsonists can lead to a game over already in chapter 1. :p

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
I have a crash after moving my brothel a second time (to 2nd location in second column location)

While running game code:
File "game/BKendday.rpy", line 1026, in script call
call play_events(type = "morning") from _call_play_events_1 # Note: Morning events are set with the new day's date: beware of the confusion
File "game/BKevents.rpy", line 660, in script call
call display_events(ev_list) from _call_display_events
File "game/BKevents.rpy", line 672, in script call
$ ev.play()
File "game/BKendday.rpy", line 1026, in script call
call play_events(type = "morning") from _call_play_events_1 # Note: Morning events are set with the new day's date: beware of the confusion
File "game/BKevents.rpy", line 660, in script call
call display_events(ev_list) from _call_display_events
File "game/BKevents.rpy", line 672, in script call
$ ev.play()
ScriptError: could not find label 'c3_suzume_hint'.
If you had posted the full traceback.txt (best within spoiler marks), it would be more clear you are running about two patches back.

Download the Required Update Patch from the OP, and extract it into the "game" folder, and run the game.
Current version has a placeholder label 'c3_suzume_hint', for future event.

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
Gotta say, I'm really enjoying the game except for one major problem. The event where dudes basically riot through your establishment, hurt all your girls (leaving them unable to earn money for the next few days), and adding 100(!) dirt to the brothel is absolute trash. It's nearly impossible to come back from that, to the point where I've gotten game over several times. The game doesn't let you pay to clean up in increments either - it's all or nothing. Before I could earn enough money to pay to clean the place the first time, the event happened again. Would love to see this event either taken out completely or at least toned down in the future.
I also think these riot events are drastic, but it would take more requests on the HHS forum to try to tone them down. It seems that the damage done costs more than buying the brothel cost sometimes.

Ways that others have shown me to deal with it is to send healthy girls out to classes or quests until brothel is clean enough, and set Brothel maintenance to max in order to gradually clean up without having to spend "all at once" cleaning penalty. Sending some girls to the Farm, by Job or as Punishment, can reduce their cost while allowing rest or training.

Brothel will be closed since no girls will be available for work, but that's better than having them get sick by working in filth. When your brothel is clean enough to work in, food from a shop in town can help your hurt girls, and tonics for your exhausted girls.

May need to sell things off to survive while brothel closed.

And when running again, keep security up! (Your strength is added to security when at least one AP left at end of day.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jman9

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
Another suggestion is to keep cash on-hand low. The threat level is at least in part tied to how much cash on-hand you have. So building up a large amount of cash is actually counter-productive, as it makes bad events more likely.

Watch the threat level on the brothel screen. You can see there when the threat is getting high. At that point either spend down or increase security.

Reactions: Ego Orb

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Guys I have a problem, there are errors everywhere and can't pass the brothel location selection

AttributeError: 'NPC' object has no attribute 'quests'
You didn't ignore some previous errors, did you? And you have girl packs installed, Kite80's release and the latest patch, all properly installed? Because so far, every time this error has occurred, one of these things has been the culprit.

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes