Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
Guys I have a problem, there are errors everywhere and can't pass the brothel location selection,
You didn't ignore some previous errors, did you? And you have girl packs installed, Kite80's release and the latest patch, all properly installed? Because so far, every time this error has occurred, one of these things has been the culprit.
In other words, read the Installation Instructions section in OP. Suggest you start with new installation folder to avoid needing to force recompile. Your first error, not shown, resulted from not having any girl packs installed to the "game/girls" folder.

Reactions: Jman9

PussSlayer02

Jun 2, 2020
In other words, read the Installation Instructions section in OP. Suggest you start with new installation folder to avoid needing to force recompile. Your first error, not shown, resulted from not having any girl packs installed to the "game/girls" folder.
How do I erase every game files ? I tried changing disck for install, but it's still show me the same errors.

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
How do I erase every game files ? I tried changing disck for install, but it's still show me the same errors.
The usual install folder is "Brothel_King-pc".
Files & folders in the current base look like:
Files_inBKBase2021-12-11.png

and running the game also creates files in %appdata%, which you probably don't need to worry about now.

After extracting the base code to a new folder, then download the requred update patch and extract it with overwrite to the "game" folder.

Finally, you will need some girlpacks. Suggest you download the Basic Girl Pack and extract it to the "game/girls" folder.

Then, you can run "Brothel_King.exe" and should be up to date, with fewer errors.

If these instructions are difficult, you may want to try a different game...

Reactions: 246 and Jman9

Sanchez79

Oct 16, 2021
guten morgen

hab ein kleines problem. evtl kann ja jemand helfen.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

liegt es daran das ich die leichteste schwierigkeit ausgewählt habe ?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
No, you just suck as an explorer. :p Look around in the various slums areas some more. You did get robbed by the Guard, right?

dooodd

Nov 18, 2018
Is there a way to increase max slaves count above 12 not including the farm? or Do I need to use the cheat menu to advance, and if so, does that break the story in the future? I've met the advance requirements of 6 B girls and 7500 gold but it's not triggering advance

Last edited:

vadi9203

Aug 2, 2019
Is there a way to increase max slaves count above 12 not including the farm? or Do I need to use the cheat menu to advance, and if so, does that break the story in the future? I've met the advance requirements of 6 B girls and 7500 gold but it's not triggering advance
Go back 1 page i already explained about 3 times.

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
Sounds like you are stuck at the end of chapter 3. Someone else can speak to getting unstuck. I'll speak in general.

There are still several more chapters ahead of you. And each increases the maximum by another 4. If that is not enough, there is a way on the command line to give yourself more. It's not in the cheat menu, but rather you have to edit the game variable that sets the mins and maxes for the number of rooms. But try to get unstuck first, as that is the normal way to get more.

vadi9203

Aug 2, 2019
Trait King mod have been updated by _Nero for BK 0.2. You can download it either or

Reactions: __neronero

__neronero

Jan 23, 2021
Trait King mod have been updated by _Nero for BK 0.2. You can download it either here or [UPDATED, DONT USE THESE LINKS, use the ones below]
Yeah, not 100% sure if it's completely stable yet - but free to give it a try and let me know (in f95's BK mods thread for example) if any problems occur. Balancing suggestions also very welcome.

Download links: Here in the BK mods thread

For those unfamiliar with Trait King, this mod in a nutshell:
  • Adds new gold, new positive and new negative traits to the game
  • How many gold, positive and negative traits a girl spawns with is randomised
  • There is a small chance to discover "hidden talents" as girls reside in your brothel
  • There is a small chance to improve negative traits over time
  • At the end of every month, you get the chance to congratulate the best performing girl
Due to these changes, if you pluck a random girl off the street to work in your brothel, there's now more uncertainty about her traits and future potential that could add something to the emerging narrative of your game.

Edit: To activate mods, in the main menu go to "Mods", select Trait King and press Activate Mod. Then start a new game.

Last edited:
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: cloudmoon and Jman9
Aug 21, 2020
Is it just me or the mechanics shiftily implemented?

This is my second playthrough after a year or two and it just does not feel the same. I cant stand playing it. It seems like my interactions and the slave's reactions don't follow causality and instead just RND.

I know to actually to that is hard and I am just expecting the game to fake it enough but it feels poorly implemented

I remember playing Jack-O-Nine and training slaves feels better. While Strive for power actually give me a mental workout trying to figure out how to effectively manage my resources.

Its a shame as I remember that the story was interesting! But the mechanics feels like shit and particularly unbalance.

I guess the game did not survive the test of time

Also the user experience of adding custom image sets is complete dog shit! ideally i just have to download the packs, unzip it and put it in the game/girls folder but I have to manually unzip a lot of files and rename folders. This is really shitty

__neronero

Jan 23, 2021
my interactions and the slave's reactions don't follow causality and instead just RND.
Your slave's reactions can differ wildly based on her personality. Slaves have one of 23 unique personalities (or a user-made custom personality). "Masochists" like it when you punish them, "Meek" girls respond better to a soft touch, "Rebels" need tough love, etc. Please let us know some examples of reactions that seem off to you, including the personality-type of the girl in question (and why that reaction doesn't fit such a personality)
To quickly cheat-check the personality for this purpose, press Shift+O and type "girl.personality.name" while interacting with the girl

But the mechanics feels like shit and particularly unbalance.
What exactly feels unbalanced to you?

Reactions: 246 and Jman9

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Is it just me or the mechanics shiftily implemented?
It's probably you. Doesn't mean that there might not be others more or less like you, and the game is not fun to such people.

Hard to tell without specifics, though.

It seems like my interactions and the slave's reactions don't follow causality and instead just RND.
So you're saying you try to train her constitution, and she randomly develops her blowjob skill instead? You beat her with a ruler, and she gains XP and waitress job points? You train her in blowjobs, and sometimes her body skill goes to zero, and at other times it triples? Something like that? :rolleyes:

And if there was no randomness, you'd be here complaining about that. Been there, seen that. A lot.

I remember playing Jack-O-Nine and training slaves feels better.

While Strive for power actually give me a mental workout trying to figure out how to effectively manage my resources.
JONT is the definition of obscurity and weird effects as far as training mechanics go. If you want a BK version that also puts your nuts in the wringer, there is a somewhat old mod for that. Don't come back crying if you try it, however.

I could never get into Strive, myself. It was just so... bland. Maybe Strive 2 is better, IDK.

That being said, BK indeed doesn't punish you very hard for mismanagement. Maybe on harder difficulties, if recent player reports are to be believed. After a while, JONT really doesn't, either.

But the mechanics feels like shit and particularly unbalance.
Some are, indeed. The game is evolving, and particularly egregious examples get patched all the time.

Without more specifics, it's hard to tell if your issues are just generic belly-aching, something that could be cured by playing on one of the harder difficulties, or genuine gripes.

Note that I myself am not a fan of vanilla balance, and spent an enormous amount of my free time correcting that. But you don't see me shooting vague accusations of "it's shit" on the forums.

Also the user experience of adding custom image sets is complete dog shit! ideally i just have to download the packs, unzip it and put it in the game/girls folder but I have to manually unzip a lot of files and rename folders.
It's you being lazy and inefficient. Batch unpacking exists, and why you'd need manual renaming, I have no idea. At worst, you'd need to move a few directories one level up, which can probably be mitigated by changing your unpacking routine.

You also don't need so many packs that unpacking them takes more than 10 minutes, even with all the inefficiency.

Aug 21, 2020
So you're saying you try to train her constitution, and she randomly develops her blowjob skill instead? You beat her with a ruler, and she gains XP and waitress job points? You train her in blowjobs, and sometimes her body skill goes to zero, and at other times it triples? Something like that? :rolleyes:
I get its my fault for being vague but you're being an ass you know!

I meant that training seems really random. I can train obedience or constitution but success seem really out of my hands. Like I don't know what I am doing wrong that makes the training fail. Do I need to improve the mood more? Should I focus on obedience training?

I could never get into Strive, myself. It was just so... bland. Maybe Strive 2 is better, IDK.
Strive 2 is definitely better. It took me a while to get into it after playing BK for the first time. It does not really have the story that got me into BK. but Strive 2 was really interesting in the resource management side.

That being said, BK indeed doesn't punish you very hard for mismanagement. Maybe on harder difficulties, if recent player reports are to be believed. After a while, JONT really doesn't, either.
Probably my problem. I am playing at insane difficulty and it not that particularly bad. Haven't died yet and I don't think I will. That is a problem as I am essentially playing blind with my last playthrough being more than a year ago

Some are, indeed. The game is evolving, and particularly egregious examples get patched all the time.

Without more specifics, it's hard to tell if your issues are just generic belly-aching, something that could be cured by playing on one of the harder difficulties, or genuine gripes.
Some mechanics seems like it does not work. I don't remember the particular ones. It was in the moment thing

Now that I think of it. The personality feels like it just changes the initial stats and attributes and does not change how the slave acts.

It's you being lazy and inefficient. Batch unpacking exists, and why you'd need manual renaming, I have no idea. At worst, you'd need to move a few directories one level up, which can probably be mitigated by changing your unpacking routine.

You also don't need so many packs that unpacking them takes more than 10 minutes, even with all the inefficiency.
Its still horrible UX!

To fare modding is particularly a pain in most games but I still think it going to be better for the end user if the experience is streamlined.

I am from a product design background. In that field, if the user has to click more than 2 times for something really important is happen, then the design is horrible

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I get its my fault for being vague but you're being an ass you know!
It's what you get for mouthing off at random when I'm around. :sneaky: I have to be polite to enough idiots who can't be arsed to take a few seconds to think in RL. And, unlike you, I'm also not resorting to swearing the first thing. Small difference, I know.

I meant that training seems really random. I can train obedience or constitution but success seem really out of my hands. Like I don't know what I am doing wrong that makes the training fail. Do I need to improve the mood more? Should I focus on obedience training?
As _neronero said, a lot of it depends on the girl in question. Her personality, her skill level, her other stats, her love or fear of you...

Much also depends on your MC's skills, notably charisma. At the beginning of the game, he's pretty much a scrub.

Obedience and libido are relatively important to max early, that is true. Constitution, too, but that's for the girl to do things on her own, not really for training her.

E.g. let's look at constitution training. Success depends on her personality vs MC strength, 1d6 >= [4-strength+bonus], with introverted personalities being harder to train with up to +3 'bonus'. Successful training gives +1d6 constitution, failure with scolding has a chance to give +1d3 constitution, depending on how good at scolding (i.e. charisma) the MC is. 8 charisma is a guaranteed success, 2 charisma a guaranteed failure. Finally, charisma scales the result upwards by 10% per point, so getting 4 on the 1d6 roll with 4 charisma would be 5.6 (and the game does track fractions).

Other training regimens have different stat checks, personality interactions and failure conditions. It's all very complicated and varies a lot from girl to girl. This is intimate slave training, not chopping wood where you can treat all logs as interchangeable.

Now, you're indeed right that the randomness in e.g. that 1d6 is really damn big. I don't really care, because I have my own fork and am very strange in what I consider fun or balanced, anyway. :sneaky:

If enough people do care, you can try lobbying Goldo (politely!). Since he doesn't read F95, you'll either have to go to HHS yourself or rely on people here thinking you have a point and convincing him. Being vague, rude and appearing lazy are not very good ways to get anyone to champion your cause.

I am playing at insane difficulty and it not that particularly bad.
I presume the Taxgirl and the crunch after moving brothels haven't hit you that badly yet?

Now that I think of it. The personality feels like it just changes the initial stats and attributes and does not change how the slave acts.
Personalities don't really change initial stats, unless you mean something else by 'personality'. There are a great many nooks and crannies in the code that do check various personality types and give you bonuses or maluses accordingly. Try beating a 'rebel' girl and then a 'meek' or 'masochist' one and then tell me that they were acting the same. :)

Its still horrible UX!

I am from a product design background.
That's your problem. BK is not a 'product', and packing/unpacking archives is not really something Goldo has control over. In theory, he could create a BK 'ecosystem' that does one-click girl pack installation and auto-updates for you. I think it's obvious that this is not how things work in practice.

It's also you being a lazy-ass user. I get it, most people are. But I'm a power user, and I'm really effin' unhappy about you guys giving the powers that be more and more incentive to fuck up my 'UX' up in a lot of places. :(

To fare modding is particularly a pain in most games but I still think it going to be better for the end user if the experience is streamlined.
If you think unpacking and moving girl packs is 'modding'... :rolleyes:

In that field, if the user has to click more than 2 times for something really important is happen, then the design is horrible
Like confirming that you want to overwrite your save? :p

Installing a single girl pack is not 'something really important'. Installing 100 may be, but if you click more than 200 times to do that, you need supervision. :p

Some things do take more effort than necessary. I think fixation removal was streamlined one point precisely because it had a lot of superfluous clicking through repetitive text. But not everything is better with two clicks or less, and even if it is, it is not free. I know where my choice lies between 2-click girl pack installation and chapters 3-8.

Perdurabo

May 4, 2017
You can reliably skew most rolls. Not the monthly moon rolls, but the training ones. Though it's not always inherently obvious what is affecting it.

Strength - strength training, and I think training by force. Definitely applies to keeping them from beating you up and escaping if you choose to train by force.

Spirit - Half the figure for magical training. The other half is how they feel about you, and the emotional stance you take for the magical training. If they have a positive view of you (the heart) positive emotions give a bonus. Skull is negative. Neutral relies purely on your Spirit stat. If you have their emotional state pushed high, and use the correct focus, the bonus can get to be pretty absurd.

Charisma - This is most normal training and persuasion attempt, most especially 'be gentle'. It may not be obvious, but it's also affected by their view of you. Gently persuading someone who's terrified of you is unlikely to get good results, but IS likely to significantly calm their fear, eventually getting them to relax and making that gentle persuasion super effective.

Also, their obedience comes into play. If it's high enough, they'll do things they hate without so much as a whimper (that you'll ever hear). I suspect that there may also be an effect of Obedience vs Max Obedience, as a girl who was just ranked up seems to be more likely to get ornery. Or it may just be that higher rank raises the thresholds.

Finally, there's energy. The more of her energy that she's low, the more likely she is to refuse things even with ludicrous obedience, and absolute devotion. And it's by percentage, not flat numbers. 50 energy out of 50, and she'll generally cooperate. 50 energy out of 100, and there's a very real risk of her refusing. 50 out of 150, and the odds are skewing towards refusal due to growing exhaustion.

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
guten morgen

hab ein kleines problem. evtl kann ja jemand helfen.

liegt es daran das ich die leichteste schwierigkeit ausgewählt habe ?
Replying "auf Englisch" since site may prefer it:

Reactions: Sanchez79
4.60 star(s) 44 Votes