Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

Tentacle

Mar 12, 2017
Does anyone know where in the renpy files is the shortcut keys defined? I like to poke around in the console for the game, but when I press the key 'o' in console it just jumps to the game menu. I would like to take that line out, if possible.

Edit nvm I found the file it's in game\BKinit_variables.rpy

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
The standard renpy console is activated by pressing shift+o if it is available; check the file renpy/common/00console.rpy and look if config.console = True; if not, change False with True and console will be available. This is for every renpy game.

The game patch doesn't influence girl packs, so you can install it without worries.

Emperor_Arcturus

Jul 18, 2017
Hey all, just have a quick question, one of my girls seems to refuse to work at random times and I can't seem to figure out why. She's at max love and trust, so it's not that, and I believe she's at max obedience as well. Any help would be appreciated!

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
If you treat a girl very well and she loves you for that, she may sometimes decide she can take a break without your permission. When it happens, put away the carrot for a while and use the baton!

Reactions: Emperor_Arcturus

Emperor_Arcturus

Jul 18, 2017
If you treat a girl very well and she loves you for that, she may sometimes decide she can take a break without your permission. When it happens, put away the carrot for a while and use the baton!
Ooooh all right, thanks!

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
0.14 test version will be ready for the second half of this month, if you want to participate to the test please take a look at this:

Please note that when the test version comes out, there may be bugs and glitches to be fixed, if you participate and ever find one you can report it here or in the main BK forum (a specific discussion will be opened).

Thanks in advance ;-)

Reactions: Shadowcrow

G1TC4

Dec 29, 2017
I keep getting shut out of renpy for missing profile pics of Tieeza Yu, Virmu Yero, etc. I have kite 80's girls collection so its probably a problem with one of those, but i have no idea which one due to names being different.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
RL girl packs can be found in this thread: there are some in the latest pages.

@G1TC4: please let me know when this error occurs, is when you start the game or when you load a save?

@oldwolf: the installation instructions in page 1 are wrong, the girl pack must be extracted in /game/girls folder, not just /game

G1TC4

Dec 29, 2017
RL girl packs can be found in this thread: there are some in the latest pages.

@G1TC4: please let me know when this error occurs, is when you start the game or when you load a save?
It tends to have a random chance to appear whenever a new week occurs. Most likely a profile issue with the girls when spawning around town. However from the times I have run the game there seems to be an increased likelihood to occur during cut-scenes but I doubt there is any correlation between the two. So whenever a new week occurs whether this is starting a new game or advancing a week there is a chance of occurring. To get around this you can reload a far back enough auto save and it should have a chance of fixing itself or shutting down to a missing portrait of a different character.

Update: Fixed issue, what seems to have happened was two of the girl's image folders were inside a second folder, the game couldn't find the images as a result. The third girl's image was actually an unused images Minako folder. My bad everything works just needed to look through the files more carefully.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Good thing you found and fixed the problem, and feel free to ask for help whenever you encounter a bug or glitch ;-)

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
0.14 is coming very soon! If you want to participate to the bug hunt please pm me.
Those who find a bug can report them here or in the game forum, feel free to choose the place you like best ;-)

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Sorry guys, I wish I would have the chance to come up with a couple new girl packs before the arrive of 0.14 (which would eventually be ready in a week or two) but RL bad events occurred. I promise that as soon as this storm wears off I'll be back at work at some good stuff for BK fans!

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
First round of bugfixes done; meanwhile I wanna spoil you with some infos about the new features included in 0.14:

• Moons: Every month, a new moon will trigger, adding some special effects. Some will be beneficial, some, not so much, some are a mixed blessing. Moons are intended to encourage players to try different gameplay, but their effects are moderate. They should mostly affect the early game.

• Spells: Spells have been completely reworked! There are more of them, they are learned as the player levels up (instead of relying on pumping points in a specific stat), and they now cost mana. Yes, that means sinking a few points in Spirit might be necessary for all players now. However, some passive spells called talents will sometimes boost your base stat (like Strength for a warrior) when leveling, making it less necessary to focus on just one stat regardless of the class played.

• MC Challenges: Dice rolls for the main character are (mostly) no longer hidden; instead, the player is presented with a challenge screen and may roll the dice himself. This affects various events in the city and the story, and looks better.

• Furniture and resources: The furniture system is ready (although there are more types of furniture to come!). Furniture are upgrades to the brothel. They are built at the carpenter's wagon, accessible as soon as you reach the rank 2 Brothel. Furniture must be bought using resources instead of gold, which are collected in specific locations in the city (such as the shipyard for wood). There will be more ways to obtain resources. Important information: Customer difficulty, advertising, security, maintenance and brothel reputation no longer scale automatically when reaching a new district. Instead, various furniture affect those parameters. This means that the progress curve will be smoother between districts, but it also means that without the proper furniture, player will struggle.

• UI tweaks: The game now runs on Ren'py 7.0 with a slightly larger resolution better suited to modern screens. The UI should (should) be nicer with some much requested tweaks (see the 'small UI gripes' thread to get an idea about what I'm talking about)

• Default pictures: The game can now use all the pictures in the 'default' folder when a girl pack is missing a picture with the right tags. This option is set in the H content menu, and turned off by default.

• More events: There is now a complete storyline for Satella and Shalia worshipers, as well as various smaller events. Can you find them all?

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes