Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I can't seem to find where in the files it talks about the maximum amount of opinions a girl could have about the item types. For example, I have one girl that:
Loves: Hard Liquor
Hates: Books & Cute Things

Is there a way to tell how many a girl can have or at least what the maximum they can have?
Exactly 1 'loves', 2 'likes' and 2 'hates'. Note that the two 'likes' and 'hates' actually are not exactly identical.

As _neronero said, five total. But the exact distribution depends on her personality attributes. E.g. 'meek girls have two loves and two hates, while 'masochists' have only one each. These are fixed, too, so any two meek girls will always love the same things and just as intensely.

How could I write in an object or spell that could detect this on each girl?
By coding in Python? :p

I guess you need to iterate over Girl.personality_unlock["loves/likes/hates"] and check against Girl.personality.gift_likes.items(). the 'gpersonalities_likes' dictionary.

Last edited:
Reactions: __neronero

__neronero

Jan 23, 2021
Is there a way to tell how many a girl can have or at least what the maximum they can have? I don't know if I'm crossing the wasted actions line by asking them if I already hit the wall on those things. Thank you in advanced.
There are 5 gift types in total, so you've found them all.

Side Note: How could I write in an object or spell that could detect this on each girl?
Unless I'm missing something, turning the instructions into an object or a spell would require a bit of creativity. I think you'd want to create a dummy spell/object that does nothing by itself, combined with a custom event that repeats itself daily. The event would then check if the MC has the object or (active) spell before deciding if it should run its code or not. Instead of a scheduled event, it might also be possible to run it on command through an extra menu option in the slave interaction menu.

As for that code, have a look at what the game does when you talk to a girl (search for slave_chat_tastes in BKinteractions.rpy) and replicate what it does in your own label/rpy file: Executing girl.talk_tastes("likes/dislikes/loves/hates") and appending what it returns to girl.personality_unlock["..."] in the appropriate box.

edit:
Exactly 1 'loves', 2 'likes' and 2 'hates'. Note that the two 'likes' and 'hates' actually are not exactly identical
Not sure how often this exact distribution is guaranteed since 0.2 combines two base personalities, e.g: An extravert/idealist (sweet) girl would have 1 love, 1 like, 2 dislikes and 1 hate.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Jman9

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I think you'd want to create a dummy spell/object that does nothing by itself, combined with a custom event that repeats itself daily. The event would then check if the MC has the object or (active) spell before deciding if it should run its code or not.
That's kinda wasteful, IMO. On the other hand, effects don't really have function hooks, so you'd have to add this yourself if you don't want to wait and fire your code when the girl hits some event or label.

Maybe asking Goldo to make it possible to attach functions to spells and items that fire when you click on the 'use' or 'cast' buttons might be worthwhile?

Executing girl.talk_tastes("likes/dislikes/loves/hates") and appending what it returns to girl.personality_unlock["..."] in the appropriate box.
Probably easier to just iterate over Girl.personality.gift_likes.items(). Going through 'talk_tastes()' means of have a bunch of extra branches and checks.

Not sure how often this exact distribution is guaranteed since 0.2 combines two base personalities, e.g: An extravert/idealist (sweet) girl would have 1 love, 1 like, 2 dislikes and 1 hate.
Yeah, my bad, this has been changed to be attribute-based. :oops:

Reactions: __neronero

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Are you talking about the water ninja or the catgirl auntie?

And, indeed, do you even have an onsen?

vadi9203

Aug 2, 2019
I think it's the Suzume event. The Mizuki event only happens if you got the Kimono and it's pretty much random when she shows up.

Knanpa

Apr 6, 2019
Good evening, is there a way to skip the kunoichi hunt minigame ? i play with a notebook with a integrated fingerpad so no way i could ever do it...

Knanpa

Apr 6, 2019
Jman9 said:
Yes. Buy the special caltrops from the shop. // get a proper mouse
Thanks for the info i can now resume my game. For the mouse i broke mine some time ago and never found the time to look for a decent replacement.

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
is sease i have to find it and wait for somwane (wind ninja
Even someone who seems to delight in bad spelling like you seem to, should see the message:
"Get the onsen, and wait for Suzume."
means you have to build/buy the onsen room (hot springs), then wait (about 2--3 days) for her to show up.

Build/buy is done from the Brothel screen.

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes