Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

Cuba003

Nov 2, 2017
I use XnConvert for bulk changes like that. I would expect that most image editing programs could do "save as" and change the file type for images one by one.
I was trying to replace JPG to GIf in brothel king using image tool but not working ... GIF pic Freezed LIke JPG

vadi9203

Aug 2, 2019
I was trying to replace JPG to GIf in brothel king using image tool but not working ... GIF pic Freezed LIke JPG
Gif images aren't supported in the game. If you want to have moving images then convert it to webm. The only downside with it that you can only open with a browser.

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
One correction. Animated GIFs are not supported. Non-animated GIFs work just fine. And as Cuba mentioned, animated GIFs display, but do not animate.

The key point where this comes into play is that, while the GIF format is used these days almost exclusively for animated stuff, in the older days of R34 material it was used a lot for illustrations with simpler color palates. So when doing packs for older characters there will often be a number of R34 images in non-animated GIF format. These display just fine in the game.

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
WEBM and WEBP are NOT just browser only. Just about any somewhat recent media viewer (within last 5 years?) should have support. I'm on Linux and can easily load and view them in my various file managers (eg Dolphin), viewers (KDE gwenview) and editors (GIMP).

Perhaps your platform has it in for Google supported formats. I know Apple have been assholes about it because Google used webm to get around the rent seeking patent asshattery of the MP4 format consortium that Apple and M$ are members of.

Gif images aren't supported in the game. If you want to have moving images then convert it to webm. The only downside with it that you can only open with a browser.

biglazydog

May 28, 2017
Anyone have any idea when a stable version of 0.2 will release... A month or so ago it sounded close but, still nothing. They've been supposedly working on 0.2 for what a couple of years now. That's pretty close to wife trainers release schedule...

__neronero

Jan 23, 2021
Anyone have any idea when a stable version of 0.2 will release... A month or so ago it sounded close but, still nothing. They've been supposedly working on 0.2 for what a couple of years now. That's pretty close to wife trainers release schedule...
Short answer: Your guess is as good as ours.

Goldo's time on BK has been limited during the pandemic, but on top of that the list of features of 0.2 has grown immensely since its first test release. And it might still be growing now. For example, will community dialogue be included? Will the mechanics of stacking effect bonuses be overhauled? The community is constantly coming up with suggestions such as these. Goldo welcomes such discussions with open arms, but every new addition takes some time to test again. As a result the goalposts have constantly shifted and we might as well call this version 0.26 or 0.3

For what it's worth, the current patched release has been very stable. Night and day compared to a few months ago. But we have no idea if the goalposts will be moved some more before an "official" release. The longer it takes, the more likely that becomes.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Jman9

ArcanEWolf

Mar 13, 2018
The addition that you can NOT sell a girl twice is just pointless... i mean you missclick once and one of your brothel spaces is blocked with some useless bitch ... i mean in early game that means you have to start new save. You cant even kick them out so they just clock up the space unless you invest tons of time in driving them away to lower their mood...

Madeni

Oct 17, 2021
Hello
if I add girl packs, will they always be used instead of the default packs ? I want a mix to appear in the market, and so far all I got was my custom packs

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
if I add girl packs, will they always be used instead of the default packs ? I want a mix to appear in the market, and so far all I got was my custom packs
What are 'default packs'? The ones in the 'basic girl pack'?

There is no difference. All girl packs are 'custom'.

If you mean clone girls vs originals, that's a bit different and requires you to tweak things via _BK.ini files.

The addition that you can NOT sell a girl twice is just pointless...
Er, what? Is this some new bug? How can you sell them twice?

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
Hello
When creating new girls weekly, for slave market and free city girls, preference is given to girls not yet present in your girls + city girls.

If you added a lot of girlpacks (like > 8), it may be several game weeks before you see girls from the 0.13 default/basic girls pack, which you would have downloaded from the OP link, to show in slave market or city girls. Opening more districts by advancing to new brothels helps.

If you have not downloaded and installed the basic girls pack, now you know there are no girls provided in the base game + required patch.

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
The addition that you can NOT sell a girl twice is just pointless... i mean you missclick once and one of your brothel spaces is blocked with some useless bitch ... i mean in early game that means you have to start new save. You cant even kick them out so they just clock up the space unless you invest tons of time in driving them away to lower their mood...
The restriction on selling a girl, buying her back within the same week, and then selling her again was probably added to constrain the Trader's "Haggler" benefit, which previously could give buy price < sell price.

You could change BKmenu.rpy lines 820 and 1372 to permit selling, or to just remove the girl from your brothel, count her position in girls screen left-to-right, top-to bottom, go into console, type {substituting for (position - 1) }:
Code:
MC.girls[(position - 1)].name
just to be sure it's her, then
Code:
delattr(MC.girls[(position - 1)], "sold")
to remove the selling block. Return from console and sell girl.

...And I think that's two mis-clicks. And a lack of save-games.

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Um, if this is about re-selling girls, there's no way it can happen via mis-clicks. You need to sell her, confirm that you want to sell her, buy that specific girl back, confirm that you do want her back, and then sell her again. And the confirmation button is in another part of the screen altogether.

You must be doing this on purpose. Or be a cat playing with your mouse. :)

... "Haggler" benefit, which previously could give buy price < sell price.
Didn't Haggler get un-nerfed again, together with this change?

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
Didn't Haggler get un-nerfed again, together with this change?
Haggler is now at 2% per charisma point, for buy and sell advantage. The note with v211209 mentions some Haggler change, but non-specific. The non-re-sell is in current v211215 code.

Hard cap from all boosts remains at 25% discount on buy, 25% extra gain on sell.

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Haggler is now at 2% per charisma point, for buy and sell advantage. The note with v211209 mentions some Haggler change, but non-specific.
The change was from 2% to 1% and back again to 2%. So nothing has changed there, except for the 'I am not a pawn shop' thing.

Hard cap from all boosts remains at 25% discount on buy, 25% extra gain on sell.
Not really. This post still applies, and I am not complaining. :D

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes