Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
Screenshot 2021-12-30 205654.png

First things first, you are not on the most recent patch. So I would suggest getting the most recent patch and installing it before seeing if the problem still occurs. Your version is from 11/26, and the most recent patch is from 12/15, I believe. The link below will always lead to the most recent patch.

Reactions: Chrizy

ArcanEWolf

Mar 13, 2018
combinations of defaults, but t
The restriction on selling a girl, buying her back within the same week, and then selling her again was probably added to constrain the Trader's "Haggler" benefit, which previously could give buy price < sell price.

You could change BKmenu.rpy lines 820 and 1372 to permit selling, or to just remove the girl from your brothel, count her position in girls screen left-to-right, top-to bottom, go into console, type {substituting for (position - 1) }:
Code:
MC.girls[(position - 1)].name
just to be sure it's her, then
Code:
delattr(MC.girls[(position - 1)], "sold")
to remove the selling block. Return from console and sell girl.

...And I think that's two mis-clicks. And a lack of save-games.
the thing is the girl was still unsellable even after several weeks

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Oh, yeah. I guess it's partly my fault. I pushed for this feature instead of nerfing Haggler altogether, but I imagined the 'sold' attribute would be cleared after a while. I guess we need to prod Goldo some more? :cautious:

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
Got this error on version 211215, attached save is right before it happened:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Second time this has been reported, but no fix yet.
Load your savegame, and check if some girl has been assigned as whore but
  • no sexacts checked to perform
  • has lost/may lose libido/obedience and be disqualified from whoring (such a shame...)
(Edit: ) Also, what did you do since you previously looked at the Girl page detail for this girl, before getting the error?

Last edited:
Reactions: Jman9

ekusonas

Aug 9, 2020
Is there a way to increase the aspect ratio for this game? I have the latest patch, but it still appears to be rendering as a 4:3 and changing to fullscreen doesn't help.

Nearly half the tooltip information on the top right of the screen is cut off and I'd really like to fix that if possible.

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
If it's what I think it is, then you have an old version of Ren'py itself. The current base game is packaged with the older Ren'py. User Kite repacked the base game a month or so ago with the updated Ren'py. You'll need to search back the thread a few pages, I believe. Once you get that you'll need to unload the repacked game in a new directory, re-apply the latest patch, and move over your girl packs to the new area.

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
Nearly half the tooltip information on the top right of the screen is cut off and I'd really like to fix that if possible.

... User Kite repacked the base game a month or so ago with the updated Ren'py. You'll need to search back the thread a few pages, I believe. Once you get that you'll need to unload the repacked game in a new directory, re-apply the latest patch, and move over your girl packs to the new area.
The base game with new Ren'Py run-time is in the F95 OP links, for PC & Mac. Update patch (latest ) is sill required; follow Leortha's instructions.

Reactions: Jman9

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Is there a way to increase the aspect ratio for this game?
Yes. It's called a bloody lot of UI work. I know, because I did exactly this once myself. :cautious:

Resolving the UI overflow is much easier, as Leortha and DougTheC pointed out.

ekusonas

Aug 9, 2020
If it's what I think it is, then you have an old version of Ren'py itself. The current base game is packaged with the older Ren'py. User Kite repacked the base game a month or so ago with the updated Ren'py. You'll need to search back the thread a few pages, I believe. Once you get that you'll need to unload the repacked game in a new directory, re-apply the latest patch, and move over your girl packs to the new area.
Seems to have fixed that issue, thanks!

Ego Orb

Apr 20, 2018
Second time this has been reported, but no fix yet.
Load your savegame, and check if some girl has been assigned as whore but
  • no sexacts checked to perform
  • has lost/may lose libido/obedience and be disqualified from whoring (such a shame...)
(Edit: ) Also, what did you do since you previously looked at the Girl page detail for this girl, before getting the error?
It was apparently caused by her preferences for a sex act being lowered below the minimum level required for whoring. I fixed it by unchecking whoring before I did it for consistency's sake, cause otherwise it would sort of be cheating since I didn't know it would be lowered before I tried it. It's a sort of rare bug that only occurs in very specific scenarios where the girl is on the very cusp of whoring preference in a particular sex skill, and it gets lowered but she still has whoring checked as a job.

Mandrakept80

Dec 26, 2021
The issue shouldn't be present any more, except if you've already slept with Lady Homura. Console 'plaza.action = False' to make it go away then.

This is a hook for some chapter 3 stuff, and isn't supposed to be active yet. Unfortunately, it probably was for some iteration of 0.2 back in November.
So, bare in mind that I´m a newbie and this all thing of coding is a mistery to me. I got the error, pressed Console, wrote "plaza.action = False" and pressed Enter. What do I do now? Cause all I got was a message saying: Ren´Py script disabeld. But then does nothing. What should I do? Sorry by bothering you with newb questions.

Nov 5, 2017
getting an error in endless mode whenever I move my mouse over the current goal or the spellbook. didn't happen until I got to the end of the game:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/BKmain.rpy", line 945, in script
$ result = ui.interact()
File "game/BKmain.rpy", line 945, in <module>
$ result = ui.interact()
File "game/BKscreens.rpy", line 8147, in execute
screen goal_ttip():
screen goal_ttip():
File "game/BKscreens.rpy", line 8149, in execute
frame xalign 0.5 yalign 0.5 xsize 0.5 xpadding 20 ypadding 20 background c_ui_brown:
File "game/BKscreens.rpy", line 8150, in execute
has vbox
File "game/BKscreens.rpy", line 8154, in execute
for cat, goal_desc in game.get_goals():
File "game/BKscreens.rpy", line 8155, in execute
hbox spacing 10:
File "game/BKscreens.rpy", line 8156, in execute
add goal_tb[cat]
File "game/BKscreens.rpy", line 8156, in <module>
add goal_tb[cat]
KeyError: u'Endless'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
$ result = ui.interact()
File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
$ result = ui.interact()
File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3315, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3735, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 568, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 436, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3735, in <lambda>
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 447, in per_interact
self.update()
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 637, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
screen goal_ttip():
screen goal_ttip():
frame xalign 0.5 yalign 0.5 xsize 0.5 xpadding 20 ypadding 20 background c_ui_brown:
has vbox
hbox spacing 10:
add goal_tb[cat]
add goal_tb[cat]

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
Brothel King 0.2 v211215
Sun Jan 2 17:51:49 2022

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I got the error, pressed Console, wrote "plaza.action = False" and pressed Enter. What do I do now?
Abandon this approach, load a pre-error save, press 'shift+O', enter the console command, press ESC, save. The error should be gone now.

Most of the time, when someone tells you to console X, we mean 'open the console and type/copy X', not 'get a crash, pick the console and type/copy X'. By that point, the damage is already done and the console is for finding out the details.

add goal_tb[cat]
Looks like a new bug. Not easy to resolve, since it's caused by not having the appropriate image. Will report.

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
getting an error in endless mode whenever I move my mouse over the current goal or the spellbook. didn't happen until I got to the end of the game:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
$ result = ui.interact()
$ result = ui.interact()
screen goal_ttip():
screen goal_ttip():
has vbox
hbox spacing 10:
add goal_tb[cat]
add goal_tb[cat]
(Edit)
For now, (untested) if you want to try editing with simple text editor, no tabs, file BKinit_variables.rpy line 115-116 from
Code:
    goal_colors = {"STORY" : c_darkpurple, "ADVANCE" : c_magenta, "CONTRACT" : c_firered, "OTHER" : c_darkgrey}
    goal_tb = {"STORY" : "tb story", "ADVANCE" : "tb advance", "CONTRACT" : "tb contract", "OTHER" : ""}
to
Code:
    goal_colors = {"STORY" : c_darkpurple, "ADVANCE" : c_magenta, "CONTRACT" : c_firered, "OTHER" : c_darkgrey, "Endless" : c_magenta}
    goal_tb = {"STORY" : "tb story", "ADVANCE" : "tb advance", "CONTRACT" : "tb contract", "OTHER" : "", "Endless" : "tb advance"}
Save the change, save game, exit, run game (recompiles), load game, continue.

If you try it, let us know if it works.

(Edit) Attached is the edited file, for ver v211215.
(Edit2) Not yet fixed in latest v220105 patch.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2017
(Edit)
For now, (untested) if you want to try editing with simple text editor, no tabs, file BKinit_variables.rpy line 115-116 from
Code:
    goal_colors = {"STORY" : c_darkpurple, "ADVANCE" : c_magenta, "CONTRACT" : c_firered, "OTHER" : c_darkgrey}
    goal_tb = {"STORY" : "tb story", "ADVANCE" : "tb advance", "CONTRACT" : "tb contract", "OTHER" : ""}
to
Code:
    goal_colors = {"STORY" : c_darkpurple, "ADVANCE" : c_magenta, "CONTRACT" : c_firered, "OTHER" : c_darkgrey, "Endless" : c_magenta}
    goal_tb = {"STORY" : "tb story", "ADVANCE" : "tb advance", "CONTRACT" : "tb contract", "OTHER" : "", "Endless" : "tb advance"}
Save the change, save game, exit, run game (recompiles), load game, continue.

If you try it, let us know if it works.

(Edit) Attached is the edited file, for ver v211215.
View attachment 1578359
changing the text file worked, thanks!

ekusonas

Aug 9, 2020
The first of the year is out.
Did this patch break the income bonuses? I was usually making over 1 million denars per night before applying it but now I'm not getting any bonus amount and hovering around 350k.

I didn't start a new game, could've just broken mine...

Reactions: __neronero

__neronero

Jan 23, 2021
Did this patch break the income bonuses? I was usually making over 1 million denars per night before applying it but now I'm not getting any bonus amount and hovering around 350k.

I didn't start a new game, could've just broken mine...
It did change the way income bonuses are calculated. Some bonuses were unintentionally being counted twice or being combined in inconsistent ways.
I'm not sure if the vast difference you're seeing means that something broke, or that something that was broken for a long time has now been fixed. I'll pass it along.

Reactions: 246
4.60 star(s) 44 Votes