Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

PussSlayer02

Jun 2, 2020
Got this when opening the game

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 309, in script call
call expression "before_main_menu"
File "game/BKevents.rpy", line 109, in script
if not persistent.girl_mix["default"]:
File "game/BKevents.rpy", line 109, in <module>
KeyError: u'default'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 309, in script call
call expression "before_main_menu"
File "game/BKevents.rpy", line 109, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1898, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "renpy/python.py", line 2276, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2269, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/BKevents.rpy", line 109, in <module>

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
Brothel King 0.2 v211215
Thu Dec 23 00:33:29 2021

PussSlayer02

Jun 2, 2020
I also don't have any girls in slave pen when first playing and everything that is related to girl in this game I get error everywhere

PussSlayer02

Jun 2, 2020
This error when trying to see girl packs

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/BKscreens.rpy", line 7806, in script call
call girlpack_menu()
File "game/BKscreens.rpy", line 7791, in script
call screen girl_mix(True) nopredict
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 569, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "game/BKscreens.rpy", line 7810, in execute
screen girl_mix(show_rating=False):
File "game/BKscreens.rpy", line 7816, in execute
$ shown_gp = sorted(persistent.girl_packs, key=lambda x: (-(x in persistent.girl_mix[persistent.active_mix]), x))
File "game/BKscreens.rpy", line 7816, in <module>
$ shown_gp = sorted(persistent.girl_packs, key=lambda x: (-(x in persistent.girl_mix[persistent.active_mix]), x))
File "game/BKscreens.rpy", line 7816, in <lambda>

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/BKscreens.rpy", line 7806, in script call
call girlpack_menu()
File "game/BKscreens.rpy", line 7791, in script
call screen girl_mix(True) nopredict
File "renpy/ast.py", line 2015, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "renpy/ast.py", line 2003, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/statements.py", line 278, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 569, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/exports.py", line 3134, in call_screen
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3315, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3735, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 568, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 436, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3735, in <lambda>
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 447, in per_interact
self.update()
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 637, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "game/BKscreens.rpy", line 7816, in execute
File "game/BKscreens.rpy", line 7816, in <module>
File "renpy/python.py", line 1056, in revertable_sorted
return RevertableList(sorted(*args, **kwargs))
File "game/BKscreens.rpy", line 7816, in <lambda>

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
Brothel King 0.2 v211215
Thu Dec 23 00:38:27 2021

Sam10

May 13, 2017
I'm gettin an ''Income Penalty'' at the end of every day and it's like 50% of my income - Any tips on how to take care of this?

Also need a ton of help with the Ninjas on how to find a weakness for them ''speed, storm, earthquake''

Reactions: __neronero

__neronero

Jan 23, 2021
I'm gettin an ''Income Penalty'' at the end of every day and it's like 50% of my income - Any tips on how to take care of this?
Every month there's a different 'Moon' which can have a big effect on your operations. This one reduces brothel income while drastically boosting the income/effects of quests, classes and contracts. A common solution is to send your girls away on assignments and reduce your brothel's expenses (advertising, security, maintenance)

You can see the current month's effects by hovering over the date on the top left. Every month has 28 days.

• Wow
Reactions: Sam10

Sam10

May 13, 2017
Every month there's a different 'Moon' which can have a big effect on your operations. This one reduces brothel income while drastically boosting the income/effects of quests, classes and contracts. A common solution is to send your girls away on assignments and reduce your brothel's expenses (advertising, security, maintenance)

You can see the current month's effects by hovering over the date on the top left. Every month has 28 days.

Bro, thank you so much! I never paid attention to that - Any tips on the Kunoichi?

Akren

Aug 25, 2019
Is it just me or the mechanics shiftily implemented?

This is my second playthrough after a year or two and it just does not feel the same. I cant stand playing it. It seems like my interactions and the slave's reactions don't follow causality and instead just RND.

I know to actually to that is hard and I am just expecting the game to fake it enough but it feels poorly implemented

I remember playing Jack-O-Nine and training slaves feels better. While Strive for power actually give me a mental workout trying to figure out how to effectively manage my resources.

Its a shame as I remember that the story was interesting! But the mechanics feels like shit and particularly unbalance.

I guess the game did not survive the test of time

Also the user experience of adding custom image sets is complete dog shit! ideally i just have to download the packs, unzip it and put it in the game/girls folder but I have to manually unzip a lot of files and rename folders. This is really shitty
As a strive modder [in discord, aric just grabbed me over to his discord as well] and veteran [dunno how many hours, been around for years now, played through several times] who's also tried to play jont:

you're high, friend, jont is way more obtuse than this game and resource management is nonexistent in strive 1. murderhobo = instant tons of cash (not even incremental taxes does anything until... how many payments?). in conquest, a bit of minmaxing and everything becomes a piece of cake, even easier than this game.

also, i haven't had to rename much of anything in terms of folders?

edit to minimize on pings:
uh, how do you check version without a crash? i'm dumb.

Last edited:
Reactions: DuniX and Jman9
Aug 21, 2020
[/QUOTE]
also, i haven't had to rename much of anything in terms of folders?
It was just really annoying at instead of just downloading the packs and unzipping them and directly putting them in the girls folder you have to go to each folder of each pack and unzip the girls folder. Also if I want to keep things organized. I have to put a fucking # in each girl packs folder

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I don't get it. Pretty much all the girl packs I've seen have followed the '[archive]/[girl name]/[all the pics]' format. It's basically two file operations to get them all and move them into the 'girls' directory. It could only be sped up by having something perform these operations for you.

Using # to organise packs into mixes is really no different. You make some directories, name them appropriately and then move the corresponding packs there. Since you have to do your personal categorising for each pack yourself, this really can't be sped up, period.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something here. :/

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
uh, how do you check version without a crash? i'm dumb.
Probably the easiest way is to check options.rpy. I kinda wish Goldo would put this on the start screen, but I guess that'd be pushing our luck.
Goldo responded in v211215, available on HHS or , and version number is now on top right of start menu screen.

Reactions: Akren

gruntcy

Jul 30, 2018
this is my favourite game of this site! Which is saying a lot.....

Btw, is there any "only anal" personality trait? I have a few girls which are close to that, but it would be just perfect for a girl to have a personality like that, like say my gf in real life and other people.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Btw, is there any "only anal" personality trait? I have a few girls which are close to that, but it would be just perfect for a girl to have a personality like that, like say my gf in real life and other people.
Not really. 'Dirty mind' is the closest, but it's not a personality trait. There are some anal-related fixations, and you could consider your gf as 'fascinated' with anal, I guess? ;)

There is an 'Anal Slut' trait in Trait King and Bonanza.

...version number is now on top right of start menu screen.
My bad, didn't think to look up there. :oops: I guess I'm too used to people putting version numbers in lower corners of the screen...

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes