Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
Goldo has pretty much put a halt to new features for the moment. The recoding of the bonus calculations will hopefully be the last major tweaking to go in. The Community Dialog project is getting close to being ready to go live, but that would add a whole bunch of new instability, so it looks like it's going to wait until after a stable 0.2 official release.

(None of this is saying that there will be no new tweaks or features down the road, just no more before we get an an official 0.2 release.)

ekusonas

Aug 9, 2020
I searched the thread and couldn't find an answer to my question...

What's the process to completely remove a girl pack, without starting a new save?

The message the game gives you when you're missing a previously installed pack says to go to the main menu and choose help then an option called 'repair girl/mc pictures' but I'm finding no such option. All that does for me is open the readme which doesn't have instructions for doing this.

vadi9203

Aug 2, 2019
I searched the thread and couldn't find an answer to my question...

What's the process to completely remove a girl pack, without starting a new save?

The message the game gives you when you're missing a previously installed pack says to go to the main menu and choose help then an option called 'repair girl/mc pictures' but I'm finding no such option. All that does for me is open the readme which doesn't have instructions for doing this.
I hope this answer your question.

Reactions: ekusonas

vadi9203

Aug 2, 2019
Goldo has pretty much put a halt to new features for the moment. The recoding of the bonus calculations will hopefully be the last major tweaking to go in. The Community Dialog project is getting close to being ready to go live, but that would add a whole bunch of new instability, so it looks like it's going to wait until after a stable 0.2 official release.

(None of this is saying that there will be no new tweaks or features down the road, just no more before we get an an official 0.2 release.)
Well dialogs aren't really giving any error's so it's not really make any instability. The biggest thing would be some typo, grammar or the "g:", but most of it was fixed already.

Mandrakept80

Dec 26, 2021
I´m having a problem that I´m not sure if it´s about the Ren´Py platform or my computer, but, the more I progress in the game, the slower it gets. But it´s not slow evey time. It´s almost like it´s cyclical. Is there a setting that might trigger this? Bare in mind, I´m not that good in computers, and just a fan of this game trying to get some help from more knowledgeable guys.

Reactions: __neronero

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
AFAIK, it's mostly Ren'Py. The engine is not really meant for such a complex game.

Moreover, as the game goes on it accumulates more data. Both more objects (girls, districts, items, the girls themselves become more complex, etc) and more historical data (there are some potentially giant logs kept for each day and for each individual girl).

The best you can do is:
  • Enable the 'refresh_memory_on_home_screen' option in BKsettings.rpy and periodically visit the 'main' screen.
  • Do occasional restarts.
  • Provide saves exhibiting 'cyclical' behaviour - especially ones where late-game saves are being 'sped up' - so Goldo can look into it. It's never led anywhere yet, but who knows?
  • Get a better machine. :sneaky:

Reactions: Mandrakept80

RENRAM

Jul 28, 2020
I have a problem:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/BKdeclarations.rpy", line 172, in script
init -2 python:
init -2 python:
File "game/BKdeclarations.rpy", line 1118, in <module>
"advertising" : ["events/" + p for p in sum(advertising_pics.values(), [])],
AttributeError: 'RevertableList' object has no attribute 'values'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 331, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 550, in main
renpy.game.context().run(node)
init -2 python:
init -2 python:
File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178

Mon Jan 17 17:57:11 2022

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
I have a problem:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
init -2 python:
init -2 python:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 331, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 550, in main
renpy.game.context().run(node)
init -2 python:
init -2 python:
File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178

Mon Jan 17 17:57:11 2022
Weird. What do you get when you console 'advertising_pics'?
Yes, this is strange.

advertising_pics should be an object of type "RevertableDict".

The most likely causes are:
  1. Loading a very old save-game (created from a game started before installing Nov 27 2021 patch).
  2. Somehow mixing and matching ver 0.15/0.15b and ver 0.2 code (each has its own base code and patch, though they may share savefile-persistent folder).
  3. Editing BKsettings.rpy to change code or order of code execution (or ANY editing of supplied code without good reason).
Also, in the traceback.txt you posted, it does not give versioning number on line after "Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178".
Did you edit it out, or is this a result of #2 above?

(Result of options.rpy code not being run yet.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jman9

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
Release 0.2 update...

From Goldo. The current patch has been proving quite stable. So, if 1) no new issues are discovered by the end of this coming week and 2) a solution can be agreed to on an issue that has been is discussion for a week or two now (dealing with conflicts between custom girl events and custom girl directory structures) then we may have an official 0.2 release at that point.

Reactions: Reij

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
BTW folks , that's your cue to break the game before the final release, not wait and expect magic from Goldo.

ArcanEWolf

Mar 13, 2018
I somehow feel like the ninja finding thingy takes way too long to finish ... like i end up at 3-4k profit per day before im able to find them ....

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
What exactly is preventing you from finding them? You just scour the city for them, at most 18 AP per stage, likely much less.

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes