Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
You should be catching about a ninja per day then, and you need to do it just 3*3 times. Still not seeing what's taking all that time.

Congressman Weiner

Jul 29, 2018
Just started playing this -- but without the cheat menu, I'd be screwed.

I'm in the second brothel, I have seven girls, I'm not doing any advertising, but each night I get dozens of men who go away mad because they don't get serviced. And I lose hundreds of coins a night. If I get more girls, it will cost me even more...

Is there a strategy guide somewhere?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
There's an old, partial ' ' (which is more of a guide than a proper walkthrough, if you ask me).

I'm in the second brothel, I have seven girls, I'm not doing any advertising, but each night I get dozens of men who go away mad because they don't get serviced. And I lose hundreds of coins a night. If I get more girls, it will cost me even more...
OTOH, I'd say it'd be easiest if you posted your save here. Then we could take a look and see if you're doing something very wrong, the balance is broken, or what exactly is going on. Your description isn't detailed enough to even begin guessing at what's going on (playing on the hardest difficulty, overupkeep, moon effects, customer tier mismatch, mods, etc etc).

ekusonas

Aug 9, 2020
Just started playing this -- but without the cheat menu, I'd be screwed.

Make sure you're giving girls jobs that best match the things they're good at, at least at first. Regular jobs have higher customer counts so I think it's good to make sure you've got decent coverage for all the jobs. Early on I originally had everyone just set to whoring and was having a similar issue to what you're describing (on top of girls running out of stamina really fast early in the game as a result).

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
Make sure you're giving girls jobs that best match the things they're good at, at least at first. Regular jobs have higher customer counts so I think it's good to make sure you've got decent coverage for all the jobs. Early on I originally had everyone just set to whoring and was having a similar issue to what you're describing (on top of girls running out of stamina really fast early in the game as a result).
I echo this; if I have 7 girls at this stage, at least 5 will be working "regular" jobs, and only 1 or 2 whoring, with whoring stats prepared for with Guriguri's "toys." Equip items to help each day's job, and Constitution items for rest days.

Later, the billboard from Carpenter can help choose having fewer, but richer customers.
Advertising pulls in more customers, which can lower reputation gains (but mainly if reputation already high for current brothel). But advertising also increases earnings per customer, so I often run with at least 50% advertising.

Check the brothel/Customer Options page. Also there, I usually change on 2nd or 3rd brothel to assign customers by act/job, and use icons on profile pic on girl page to control what difficulty of clients each girl should serve.

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
I'll also note that there is no real "penalty" for the customers leaving unserviced. That's really just showing lost opportunity. Maybe an indication that you can drop your advertising by a bit. If you are already getting more customers than you can service, then you do not need to be spending as much to bring them in.

Reactions: Congressman Weiner

Congressman Weiner

Jul 29, 2018
Thanks for the advice everyone. I am playing it on an easy level (but not the easiest) and I guess I was confused into thinking I was SUPPOSED to get the girls to be whores as much as possible, so I have been ignoring things like waitress. I'll reassign some and see if that makes a difference, and will check out the "walkthrough."

xelayna

Jul 19, 2017
I believe I finally got the latest version and found this error while looking through the CG-Game Story pages
Route taken was: Open game, Extras, CG- Game, Story, Page 9/9 (error).
If you press ignore, the game starts from the beginning with "Would you like the see the intro?"

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'NPC/homura/waterfall (1).jpg'>:
  File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 273, in script
    python:
    python:
  File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 277, in <module>
    renpy.call_in_new_context("_main_menu")
  File "game/BKdeclarations.rpy", line 1340, in execute
    screen gallery(gal_type="ev"): # The Gallery object must have a pics variable (a list of renpy displaybles or image files)
    screen gallery(gal_type="ev"): # The Gallery object must have a pics variable (a list of renpy displaybles or image files)
  File "game/BKdeclarations.rpy", line 1361, in execute
    hbox spacing 10:
  File "game/BKdeclarations.rpy", line 1365, in execute
    vbox spacing 10:
  File "game/BKdeclarations.rpy", line 1369, in execute
    frame background None: #"#000000CC":
  File "game/BKdeclarations.rpy", line 1376, in execute
    has hbox box_wrap True spacing 6
  File "game/BKdeclarations.rpy", line 1380, in execute
    for i in xrange(shown_pics):
  File "game/BKdeclarations.rpy", line 1382, in execute
    if index+i < len(gal.blist):
  File "game/BKdeclarations.rpy", line 1385, in execute
    if gal_type == "ev":
  File "game/BKdeclarations.rpy", line 1386, in execute
    if is_imgfile(game_image_dict[name][but][0]):
  File "game/BKdeclarations.rpy", line 1389, in execute
    $ pic = ProportionalScale(ImageReference(game_image_dict[name][but][0]), 240, 180)
  File "game/BKdeclarations.rpy", line 1389, in <module>
    $ pic = ProportionalScale(ImageReference(game_image_dict[name][but][0]), 240, 180)
  File "game/BKclasses.rpy", line 7471, in __init__
    img = im.image(imgname)
Exception: Expected an image, but got a general displayable.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 331, in bootstrap
    renpy.main.main()
  File "renpy/main.py", line 652, in main
    run(restart)
  File "renpy/main.py", line 148, in run
    renpy.execution.run_context(True)
  File "renpy/execution.py", line 922, in run_context
    context.run()
    python:
    python:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 277, in <module>
    renpy.call_in_new_context("_main_menu")
  File "renpy/game.py", line 344, in call_in_new_context
    return renpy.execution.run_context(False)
  File "renpy/execution.py", line 922, in run_context
    context.run()
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3315, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3735, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 568, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 436, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3735, in <lambda>
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 447, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 637, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "game/BKdeclarations.rpy", line 1361, in execute
    hbox spacing 10:
  File "game/BKdeclarations.rpy", line 1365, in execute
    vbox spacing 10:
  File "game/BKdeclarations.rpy", line 1369, in execute
    frame background None: #"#000000CC":
  File "game/BKdeclarations.rpy", line 1376, in execute
    has hbox box_wrap True spacing 6
  File "game/BKdeclarations.rpy", line 1380, in execute
    for i in xrange(shown_pics):
  File "game/BKdeclarations.rpy", line 1382, in execute
    if index+i < len(gal.blist):
  File "game/BKdeclarations.rpy", line 1385, in execute
    if gal_type == "ev":
  File "game/BKdeclarations.rpy", line 1386, in execute
    if is_imgfile(game_image_dict[name][but][0]):
  File "game/BKdeclarations.rpy", line 1389, in execute
  File "game/BKdeclarations.rpy", line 1389, in <module>
  File "game/BKclasses.rpy", line 7471, in __init__
    img = im.image(imgname)
  File "renpy/display/im.py", line 1860, in image
    return image(arg.target, loose=loose, **properties)
  File "renpy/display/im.py", line 1875, in image
    raise Exception("Expected an image, but got a general displayable.")
Exception: Expected an image, but got a general displayable.

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
Brothel King 0.2 v220105
Thu Jan 27 02:50:13 2022

Congressman Weiner

Jul 29, 2018
I was doing well, playing through a second time with the advice given here. And I stupidly hadn't saved for a while when I tried to buy a new slave and was told I had no room. There were two choices: Send her to the farm or cancel. Either choice leads to this error message and I can't progress any farther. :(

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
I was doing well, playing through a second time with the advice given here. And I stupidly hadn't saved for a while when I tried to buy a new slave and was told I had no room. There were two choices: Send her to the farm or cancel. Either choice leads to this error message and I can't progress any farther. :(
Haven't seen this particular error, but the version v211126 at end says that you did not install the Required update patch from the OP, and you are running about 3 patches behind.
Edit: And there is recent code in this area that would seem to avoid this specific error.

Since you haven't saved for a while, you can try rollback & save, then download latest patch (not yet on F95) from
and unzip it to the game/ folder with overwrite.

Since you apparently started this game from the v211126 version, a new game will not likely be required. You should be able to quit, run & load any save (check if any more-recent autosaves). If you have used foods for effects, a fix is available for that.

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Pretty much all the censored art is a sideshow. But if you're that allergic to blurry pixels, I suppose there's not much to be done.

Congressman Weiner

Jul 29, 2018
Since you haven't saved for a while, you can try rollback & save, then download latest patch (not yet on F95) from
and unzip it to the game/ folder with overwrite.
Thanks so much. I downloaded the patch, but I'm not certain how to install it -- do I just overwrite similar files?

Congressman Weiner

Jul 29, 2018
Thanks everyone. Played through again and I still can't figure out why my brothel keeps losing money. I am limited in how many girls I can have, must spend on protection, have to spend on the girls upkeep, and I seem to lose money all the time. What's the secret? I got as far as chapter 3 and then was shut down, game over, because I owed money.

Clearly the money cheat doesn't help in that regard -- I used it to add money, but the game apparently looks at what I actually earned or lost instead of what I cheated to win. And I only did the cheat because I kept losing money!

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
As I proposed before, post a save. Hard to second-guess like that.

The cheat should work, because game over is only triggered when you have <0 money at the start of the day.

xelayna

Jul 19, 2017
I'm quiet confused how work capacity (not whoreing capacity) works.
Out of nowhere, some of my girls working capacity drops to 1 from 4+
at this moment, all 7 girls only have 1 capacity lol

*cough*rest day*cough* :FacePalm:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DougTheC and Jman9

Monite

Jun 25, 2019
I tried finding if someone else had asked this and was unable too. I get an error when I click to advance to chapter 6.
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/BKmain.rpy", line 958, in script call
    call advance_to_chapter(game.chapter+1)
  File "game/BKevents.rpy", line 562, in script call
    $ renpy.call("chapter", chapter, silent)
  File "game/BKevents.rpy", line 379, in script
    python:
  File "game/BKevents.rpy", line 401, in <module>
    unlock_achievement("win " + game.diff)
  File "game/BKachievements.rpy", line 230, in unlock_achievement
    if achievement_dict[target].unlock(level_cap):
KeyError: u'win very easy'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/BKmain.rpy", line 958, in script call
    call advance_to_chapter(game.chapter+1)
  File "game/BKevents.rpy", line 562, in script call
    $ renpy.call("chapter", chapter, silent)
  File "game/BKevents.rpy", line 379, in script
    python:
  File "game/BKevents.rpy", line 401, in <module>
    unlock_achievement("win " + game.diff)
  File "game/BKachievements.rpy", line 230, in unlock_achievement
    if achievement_dict[target].unlock(level_cap):
KeyError: u'win very easy'

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
Brothel King 0.2 v220105
Sun Jan 30 11:52:21 2022

ArcanEWolf

Mar 13, 2018
Thanks everyone. Played through again and I still can't figure out why my brothel keeps losing money. I am limited in how many girls I can have, must spend on protection, have to spend on the girls upkeep, and I seem to lose money all the time. What's the secret? I got as far as chapter 3 and then was shut down, game over, because I owed money.

Clearly the money cheat doesn't help in that regard -- I used it to add money, but the game apparently looks at what I actually earned or lost instead of what I cheated to win. And I only did the cheat because I kept losing money!
use the carpenter to get higher customers in and use the options to kick the lower paying customers out

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes