Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

Earliestbird

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2020
Well, it's official. I imagine we need to do some revamping of the OP with new screenshots and stuff now, as has been planned for a while.
Yessss, we definitely need pictures of the skill tree / girl stats / inventory to showcase the RPG mechanics. The current pictures do an awful representation of the game.

Congressman Weiner

Jul 29, 2018
I've played through now, and gotten up to the point where the girls are rated S and while there doesn't seem to be any more plot, I've gotten the hang of the game now. Using the cheats helped me figure out the strategy of the game. Very addictive.

Going back now and starting over, but this time I'll try it without using any cheats.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Congressman Weiner: Would you mind sharing your 'rank S' save so we could generate some promo screenshots from it? You get two minutes of fame seconds of feeling warm and fuzzy, we get to skip playing the game (I personally can't stand to play vanilla for long, just to see how it's progressing; I don't think other prominent supporters have a very recent, high-chapter save?).

Last edited:
Reactions: __neronero

Congressman Weiner

Jul 29, 2018
Congressman Weiner: Would you mind sharing your 'rank S' save so we could generate some promo screenshots from it? You get two minutes of fame seconds of feeling warm and fuzzy, we get to skip playing the game (I personally can't stand to play vanilla for long, just to see how it's progressing; I don't think other prominent supporters have a very recent, high-chapter save?).
I honestly don't know how. Where is the save? How do I upload it? I'm an old guy who lost his Congress seat because I couldn't figure out how to send a picture of my junk privately, after all. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 246 and Jman9

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Look into '[BK base folder]\game\saves'. As I said before, the convention is XX-Y-LT1.save, where XX is the in-game page number (1 to very large) and Y is the position on the page (1-12, upper left to lower right).

F95 lets you attach Ren'Py saves normally. I guess they are deemed 'mostly harmless'. :) Click on 'Attach files' in the lower left just below the message box.

Reactions: Congressman Weiner

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
How do I find the character's current gold in the save file? I've tried both saveeditonline and the Renpy save file editors and can't find it. I had two items vanish from my character's inventory and I'd like to reimburse myself the value I could have gotten from selling them (600g) had the game not screwed me over with some sort of vanishing-item bug.

Congressman Weiner

Jul 29, 2018
Look into '[BK base folder]\game\saves'. As I said before, the convention is XX-Y-LT1.save, where XX is the in-game page number (1 to very large) and Y is the position on the page (1-12, upper left to lower right).

F95 lets you attach Ren'Py saves normally. I guess they are deemed 'mostly harmless'. :) Click on 'Attach files' in the lower left just below the message box.
OK

This is my "use every cheat possible to learn the game" version. Not sure how it will work when someone downloads it, as they won't necessarily have the same girls I have. View attachment 1-4-LT1.save

I've since started a new game without using any cheats, and I'm up to 3 girls with no items.... but at least I know what I'm doing now.

Reactions: Jman9

vadi9203

Aug 2, 2019
How do I find the character's current gold in the save file? I've tried both saveeditonline and the Renpy save file editors and can't find it. I had two items vanish from my character's inventory and I'd like to reimburse myself the value I could have gotten from selling them (600g) had the game not screwed me over with some sort of vanishing-item bug.
MC > gold : (3842) this was from saveeditonline. And as far as i know item's shouldnt randomly vanish. :unsure:

Reactions: AWolfe

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Yeah, are you sure they are not hidden under some different filter or 'show next'? Otherwise, if that really happens, that's a bug that really needs solving. I assume you have nothing more concrete right now, like saves just before/after you noticed this?

You can also use the console via shift+O and 'MC.gold += 600'.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
MC > gold : (3842) this was from saveeditonline. And as far as i know item's shouldnt randomly vanish. :unsure:
Oddly, the MC > gold entry does not exist for me. But I got my gold fixed another way. Thanks.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Yeah, are you sure they are not hidden under some different filter or 'show next'? Otherwise, if that really happens, that's a bug that really needs solving. I assume you have nothing more concrete right now, like saves just before/after you noticed this?

You can also use the console via shift+O and 'MC.gold += 600'.
Yeah, they just disappeared, never to return. I went from having 3 sets of fur boots (1 worn and 2 others) to just the pair that I was wearing. I hadn't sold the extras so as to not increase my brothel threat. I had figured that I could sell them later whenever I needed the cash. Sadly, I didn't notice for quite some time, so I no longer had a "before" save that I could use to post on Goldo's forum.

The console command did what I needed, thanks!

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
When the Princess asks you to investigate the murders does it matter which of the 3 choices you pick, besides getting some different dialogue? IOW does your reward or any other stat change (and if so, how)?

__neronero

Jan 23, 2021
When the Princess asks you to investigate the murders does it matter which of the 3 choices you pick, besides getting some different dialogue? IOW does your reward or any other stat change (and if so, how)?
It adds +1 to your good / neutral / evil counters depending on your answer. Lots of choices in the game do this, so in the grand scheme of things +1 here or there barely amounts to anything, but your overall playstyle across the game matters. Those stat counters are weighed against each other determine your alignment and your alignment influences the game mostly in small ways.

Most important thing in the game it currently influences is love/fear gains: Fear gains are faster & love gains are slower for evil players, vice-versa for good players, neutral is... neutral
We expect it to influence other big things in the future (e.g: Evil players might start kidnapping girls off the street, since they're lousy pickup artists with their low love gains) plus it'll probably influence the story in a big way. But those things are still a long way off.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Thanks for the info! I was looking in one of my saves earlier and I happened to notice that I had acquired an evil point, somehow. I've always tried to be good, so knowing that the choices in the dialogues can affect this helps a lot. I guess that being mercenary can be viewed as 'evil', and it's not as if I'm hurting for money. A day before the Princess gave me the quest my 5 slaves provided a net income of 3,667 in just one night. Once I fill the remaining 3 empty rooms I should clear over 5k a night.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I've reached a point where it crashes...

Could not find label 'c3_papa_cells'.
Update your game. This is the answer to entirely too many of these issues.

In fact, that's what Goldo says in the OP of the 0.2 bug reporting thread:
READ THIS FIRST

Please check the following before reporting a bug (see the download section for links and more info):

- Have you followed instructions to install the game properly? In particular, do not try to install different versions of BK on top of each other, or in a sub-directory of an already installed version.

- Have you applied the latest patch? Link can be found in my signature.

- Have you REALLY applied the latest patch?

- Have you installed at least one girl pack?

- Has your issue been reported previously? Work that search bar!

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes