Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

Congressman Weiner

Jul 29, 2018
Update your game. This is the answer to entirely too many of these issues.

In fact, that's what Goldo says in the OP of the 0.2 bug reporting thread:
It IS updated. I downloaded the latest version and the patch before I started playing a week or so ago.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
It IS updated. I downloaded the latest version and the patch before I started playing a week or so ago.
0.2 is seeing pretty frequent updates these days. That's why it's advisable to visit Goldo's sig first thing when hitting an error.

How do you think I knew you were unupdated? Because I updated, and then went looking for your error and saw it had been commented out for now.

0.2 is truly not stable yet, even if the lull in error reports made Goldo think otherwise.

Reactions: Congressman Weiner

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
0.2 is seeing pretty frequent updates these days. That's why it's advisable to visit Goldo's sig first thing when hitting an error.

How do you think I knew you were unupdated? Because I updated, and then went looking for your error and saw it had been commented out for now.

0.2 is truly not stable yet, even if the lull in error reports made Goldo think otherwise.
And as Jman9 implied, the most current version is only available from the forum for now.

It has a "non-test" ver 0.2 that needs a new base game download, latest patch (easiest link from Goldo's sig), and starting a new game.

We are in the process of putting together a revision to the OP here for this new release, but that will take some time ( & patience).

Last edited:

vadi9203

Aug 2, 2019
In just the last few days since it's gone live there was already 2 hotfix made. You can bookmark the sig too. The link will stay the same as the previous ones.
You can check too wich version you are using in the options.rpy. Line 26 will show it to you. config.version = "0.2 v220214" the lastest one.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Does anyone know what the console command is for adjusting resource amounts, such as leather/wood/dye? (The King's Way mod doesn't allow you to adjust by +/- 1.)

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
I'm having a problem advancing to chapter 3. I've completed the 3 ninja tasks and the game says to have 5k gold, and to advance through the story. I have over 12k but I'm not getting an event to advance. Do I just need to keep waiting until something happens?

vadi9203

Aug 2, 2019
You need to defeat them 3 time (i dont think the 3rd are passable didn't gone that far with the game yet at the new patch). Then you need to visit Papa Freak (he will be either at the Seafront or the Gallows it's up to that wich district you have choosen). He will ask for a girl with 50 Charm, Body, Beauty and Refinement. After you sent her the girl you can advance.

Edit: if you are still stuck it was mentioned a few time already what code you need to use in the console a few a page's back.
https://f95zone.to/threads/brothel-king-v0-2-test-goldo.3282/page-169

Last edited:

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
I used the console cheat to defeat the kunoichi, since AFAIK they're still unbeatable.

1. Does the game tell you that you need to visit "Papa Freak"? Because I've gotten no such message.
2. Does he keep the girl that you send him?

vadi9203

Aug 2, 2019
I used the console cheat to defeat the kunoichi, since AFAIK they're still unbeatable.

1. Does the game tell you that you need to visit "Papa Freak"? Because I've gotten no such message.
2. Does he keep the girl that you send him?
1.You cant defeat them the 3rd time it will be part of chapter3. And you should see an event after failing Haruka the 3rd time it will tell you that you need to visit him.
2. no he won't

Reactions: AWolfe

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
1.You cant defeat them the 3rd time it will be part of chapter3. And you should see an event after failing Haruka the 3rd time it will tell you that you need to visit him.
Papa Freak's location will be in the district you didn't choose for your 2nd brothel, so it may trigger with Haruka or Mizuki 3rd time fail.

Reactions: AWolfe

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Papa Freak's location will be in the district you didn't choose for your 2nd brothel, so it may trigger with Haruka or Mizuki 3rd time fail.
I went back and did the 3rd events with Haruka and Mizuki (both of which I had skipped because I'd, prematurely, used the console cheats to move to the next kunoichi) and got the Papa Freak event after Mizuki (since my brothel is in the warehouse district). Now I just have to meet his girl specifications and I'll be all set.

Thank you.

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
My game don't play any gifs, can somebody help me ?
And if this is for a girlpack you created or even downloaded, your best chance is to convert the pics to .webm using a compatible codec. One program is called WebMConverter.

See Chris12's post here for compatible codecs.

Reactions: Jman9

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
And just to be thorough, GIF format is not fully incompatible with Ren'py, just animated GIFs. Since in recent times that is what the vast majority of GIF images are used for, it ends up being pretty much the same thing. But many years back GIF was also used a lot in R34 for images with simpler color palates. So when making girl packs of older characters it is far from uncommon to encounter static GIFs of R34 material. These are displayed fine in Ren'py.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 44 Votes