Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

Congressman Weiner

Jul 29, 2018
As I proposed before, post a save. Hard to second-guess like that.

The cheat should work, because game over is only triggered when you have <0 money at the start of the day.
Yeah that's why I was confused. I had plenty of money but then someone came in and gave me a loan I didn't need (I had no option to refuse) and then came in and closed me down days later when I couldn't repay it (even though I had money from the cheat).

How do I find the right save to post?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
How do I find the right save to post?
Saves live in 'game/saves' (and also somewhere else, which doesn't matter here).

The naming convention is 'XX-Y-LT1.save', where XX is the page for the save (the number you see in the upper right corner during save/load) and Y is the number within the page (1-12, top left to bottom right).

Edit: Mixed up X and Y, again. :oops:

Last edited:
Reactions: Congressman Weiner

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
Thanks everyone. Played through again and I still can't figure out why my brothel keeps losing money. I am limited in how many girls I can have, must spend on protection, have to spend on the girls upkeep, and I seem to lose money all the time. What's the secret? I got as far as chapter 3 and then was shut down, game over, because I owed money.
Also spend about 50% of max on advertising, to improve budget per customer, and if your girls are mostly not beginner rank C, go to Brothel page, Customer Options and use sliders to decrease amount of low-rank, low-paying customer classes.

You can cut down on some girls' upkeep if they love you enough to avoid losing mood.

Basically if what you've been trying isn't working, look for options you haven't tried, and measure how well they improve results.

Girls page, Stats is a button that can show if girls are serving the right level of customers.

Last edited:

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
Yeah that's why I was confused. I had plenty of money but then someone came in and gave me a loan I didn't need (I had no option to refuse) and then came in and closed me down days later when I couldn't repay it (even though I had money from the cheat).
Banker will give first loan when your morning balance is less than zero, and will return in 10 days for that lump sum (all loans after that are paid in daily installments, with interest). No recent bugs have been reported in this section.

Congressman Weiner

Jul 29, 2018
Also spend about 50% of max on advertising, to improve budget per customer, and if your girls are mostly not beginner rank C, go to Brothel page, Customer Options and use sliders to decrease amount of low-rank, low-paying customer classes.

You can cut down on some girls' upkeep if they love you enough to avoid losing mood.

Basically if what you've been trying isn't working, look for options you haven't tried, and measure how well they improve results.

Girls page, Stats is a button that can show if girls are serving the right level of customers.
Ah, I was having so many people who didn't get served that I cut advertising completely. Didn't realize advertising would get me a better quality of customers! But that makes sense.

Thanks for the advice! This game is quite addicting. Let's hope on this run-through I can get past Chapter two.

Sundevils101

Jun 25, 2017
Okay for the life of me I can't get the whoremonger license I have 6 rank B girls and almost 10k gold and I'm at the ninja hunting quest. Read somewhere that I need 4 rank B girls and 7500 gold to get it but that could be outdated.

vadi9203

Aug 2, 2019
Okay for the life of me I can't get the whoremonger license I have 6 rank B girls and almost 10k gold and I'm at the ninja hunting quest. Read somewhere that I need 4 rank B girls and 7500 gold to get it but that could be outdated.
First thing first. Update your game:
You can go to the next brothel after defeating all 3 ninja with this.
If you still cant process type this into the console (shift+o) :
Code:
game.set_task(None, "story")
Code:
game.set_task(None, "story2")
Code:
game.set_task(None, "story3")

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Hi guys, here a few tips about basic strategy and ninjia hunt:

- girls can gain more gold if they work (normal jobs), especially if they have the right perks (increasing job customers and tips); if you find a girl with a good job bonus trait, exploit it for that job even if her related stat is not much high at the beginning

- the kunoichi always appear at the same place the first time you encounter them: the beach, the prison and the thieves guild; after that, locations are randomized, but they stay in the same disctrict

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
New patch released. This patch appears to settle the previous outstanding issue of custom girl events vs custom pack directories. One of the users on the main board found a Ren'py command that solved the problem. Hopefully this means we are very close to an official release of 0.2.

__neronero

Jan 23, 2021
New patch released. This patch appears to settle the previous outstanding issue of custom girl events vs custom pack directories. One of the users on the main board found a Ren'py command that solved the problem. Hopefully this means we are very close to an official release of 0.2.

Actually, that fix does not seem to be included for now as far as I can tell. But this patch does add the community dialogue lines, expanding unique dialogue lines for girls by a factor of 5. :love:

Let us know if you encounter any typos when interacting with girls. That includes seeing "g:" in the text or seeing your girl narrate in the third-person. Those are common notation mistakes for the community dialogue. We think we've fixed most of them, but I'm sure there are still some mistakes hiding here and there.

Last edited:

__LOLZ1337__

Nov 6, 2018
I'm loving this game so far, the references are everywhere and being someone who has actually played the games that the characters were referencing, I can say that they are ON POINT and I am absolutely filled with nostalgia. Now I'm eagerly awaiting for the continuation of the main story.

Reactions: 246 and Jman9

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Well, it's official. I imagine we need to do some revamping of the OP with new screenshots and stuff now, as has been planned for a while.

FortniteJimmy2002

Jun 15, 2021
I hope this answer your question.
I'm trying to remove some girls with bk.ini files, I deleted their directories in /girls but now their Visit City NPC just has their name and a ? as the file, anyone know how to remove these? I've tried the thing in the reply and it just removes them from the game as picked/pickable characters in slave shops, doesn't remove their cached NPC.

Alternatively, is there a way to have a save at the end game (24 slaves area) without going through the story? Like I know its possible to skip story events, that's how I managed to get past the ninjas, is there a way to do that all the way through?

__LOLZ1337__

Nov 6, 2018
I saw that on the forums, the 0.2 alpha version has been released.

Copied/Pasted directly from:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BK v0.2: Blades in the night

Discover a whole new part of the story with Chapter 2 of the game, introducing many gameplay improvements!

So what's new in 0.2?

* Chapter 2 of the story is now complete, including a new minigame (skippable with the right item)
* Girl 'mixes': Easily create and edit different mixes to sort out your girl packs (including the ability to organize your folders freely)
* Advanced Girl dialogue and personalities: There are now 24 fully dynamic girl personalities from the 8 hard-coded original ones, plus the ability for pack makers to create their own. Dialogue is also fully customizable now, and the awesome community-made dialogue has been included in-game, with over 2,400 new lines.
* Choose your customers: You may now toggle customer populations on and off on a girl-by-girl basis. No more serving those filthy beggars!
* Contracts: Starting from Chapter 2, Scarlet the job girl will offer a choice of 3 contracts every month. Contracts have requirements like quests, but harder, and a much bigger payout.
* Guild taxes: Increasing the challenge, and introducing the possibility of a game over.
* Achievements
* Difficulty settings
* Customizable badges for sorting your girls
* Easier modding and translating
* New events
* Improved tag support
* And many other improvements, big and small

Many people helped with the testing for 0.2 over many months. Thank you all so much!

A word of warning for people coming from older versions (including the 0.2 test version, which is the one on this site): You will need to start a new game.

Please do not report any bug that arises from trying to use an older save with 0.2: you would likely be wasting everyone's time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INSTRUCTIONS

To make the game work, you need exactly 3 things:

• the Game files
  • the latest patch (if available)
  • one or more girl packs

Installing the latest patch is highly recommended (as in: 'the game may crash on you if you don't'). As the game is going to be in Alpha for a while, I will mostly upload small patches rather than update the main zip file. This way you don't have to re-download a large file every time I change something.

You will need at least one girl pack. The basic girlpack collection has been remade and expanded and is available for download below. User made girl packs can be found in the dedicated thread (please share your own!). By default, Girl packs should be installed in the game/girls/ folder.

Step-by-step instructions
Unzip the main files anywhere on your computer. Unzip the latest patch in the 'game' subfolder and overwrite existing files as needed. Extract the basic girl pack into the 'game/girls/' subfolder.

DOWNLOADS

0.2 Game files
:

Latest 0.2 patch: No patch yet, coming soon

Basic girl pack:

Feel free to mirror those file anywhere; let me know, and I will add the link to this post. A word of warning if you want to share those files elsewhere. Not linking back to this forum is not only disrespectful, it will cause trouble for people trying to find patches or report bugs. Always include a link back to this forum if you want to spread the word.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I think we should wait for the first patch, at least. We also need to get some better screenshots and generally tidy up the OP.

...as the file, anyone know how to remove these? I've tried the thing in the reply and it just removes them from the game as picked/pickable characters in slave shops, doesn't remove their cached NPC.
The 'repair girl/MC pictures' function is supposed to remove them, but doesn't. Reported.

Until then, wait till next week and they'll get cycled out.

Alternatively, is there a way to have a save at the end game (24 slaves area) without going through the story? Like I know its possible to skip story events, that's how I managed to get past the ninjas, is there a way to do that all the way through?
You can cheat yourself there via 'advance chapter'. But I think that has some issues, like not unlocking merchants and maybe something else, too.

I guess you can cheat in some gold and super-girls (King's Way should help if you're not comfortable with the console) once you've hit chapter 3. All the other goals are placeholders, so cheating your way past them ought to work.

Although if you do that, you will have to cheat your brothel and your slaves a lot as well, since otherwise upkeep and taxes will just kill your game. Which kinda defeats the whole point of playing the game. Since training your slaves is possibly the biggest draw of them all here.

Reactions: FortniteJimmy2002
4.60 star(s) 44 Votes