Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

ekusonas

Aug 9, 2020
It did change the way income bonuses are calculated. Some bonuses were unintentionally being counted twice or being combined in inconsistent ways.
I'm not sure if the vast difference you're seeing means that something broke, or that something that was broken for a long time has now been fixed. I'll pass it along.
Well, on that older save there's no bonus amount being listed at all for the night anymore. I started a new game and am seeing the bonus in parenthesis just like I was before updating, so I'd guess the update just broke those calculations for the older save... RIP my 32 nearly perfect girls.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Well, on that older save there's no bonus amount being listed at all for the night anymore. I started a new game and am seeing the bonus in parenthesis just like I was before updating, so I'd guess the update just broke those calculations for the older save...
This talk of 'bonuses' is missing the point. Of course you get one by restarting, that's the Gold Moon bonus. It'll go away in a month.

What happened in the other save is hard to tell because 'bonus' can come from various sources, some of which are totally random, and that is not the main income change anyway.

What the patch did was disable perks stacking on top of each other so much, and change some of the calculations to be more intuitive. It is supposed to change your income. The question is, does it change it so much as to make the game unplayable?

Maybe the clearest course of action would be for you to post your save.

Edit: Or, more precisely: the end-of-night, displayed 'bonus' wasn't really changed as such. What got a radical change was all the other bonuses that are not counted by the displayed 'bonus' because they're part of regular tip calculation. So it might be that 'bonus' itself is bugged, but that is a separate issue and unlikely to account for the million gold, and was not the main change.

The only actual change to 'bonus' was that it can't go over 100%, and I think that was several updates ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: __neronero

jack900607

Jan 5, 2022
Does anyone know how to solve this problem? It happened once and when I used a previous save data to go through the game again it pops up again and crashes the game. Thanks

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

ScriptError: could not find label 'c3_suzume_hint'.
Brothel King 0.2 v211126
I don't know what prevents so many people from using the search function. :(

We're discussing the first patch of 2022 just above, too.

Reactions: Reij

vadi9203

Aug 2, 2019
Does anyone know how to solve this problem? It happened once and when I used a previous save data to go through the game again it pops up again and crashes the game. Thanks
You are using an old version. The newest one is v220105. Go back one page i just posted it not long ago.

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I suppose you can also turn the yin-yang symbols into hearts via the same mechanic, and if you play with Trait King, your girls can develop new traits. Some of those also have new fixations attached.

Luck is also somewhat influenced by personality, i.e. a prude girl is more likely to have extra phobias and a horny one more positive fixations.

A certain mod had the ability to train a fixed number of extra positive fixations, and there was once talk of backporting that into vanilla. Nothing came of it in the end, although Goldo wasn't opposed, either.

ekusonas

Aug 9, 2020
This talk of 'bonuses' is missing the point. Of course you get one by restarting, that's the Gold Moon bonus. It'll go away in a month.

What happened in the other save is hard to tell because 'bonus' can come from various sources, some of which are totally random, and that is not the main income change anyway.

What the patch did was disable perks stacking on top of each other so much, and change some of the calculations to be more intuitive. It is supposed to change your income. The question is, does it change it so much as to make the game unplayable?

Maybe the clearest course of action would be for you to post your save.

Edit: Or, more precisely: the end-of-night, displayed 'bonus' wasn't really changed as such. What got a radical change was all the other bonuses that are not counted by the displayed 'bonus' because they're part of regular tip calculation. So it might be that 'bonus' itself is bugged, but that is a separate issue and unlikely to account for the million gold, and was not the main change.

The only actual change to 'bonus' was that it can't go over 100%, and I think that was several updates ago.
I decided to keep playing that save to see if there was any change, and the end of night bonuses did in fact start happening again on occasion so I guess it was some kind of temporary situation or me misunderstanding something (like not knowing about the gold moon thing). Apologies for any confusion.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I decided to keep playing that save to see if there was any change, and the end of night bonuses did in fact start happening again on occasion...
You don't, perchance, have any girls with 'Stars Are Aligned'? That is a fluctuating and quite large source of 'boost'.

Apologies for any confusion.
No apologies necessary. It is entirely possible that there's a bug somewhere. It's just that with what you've given us, it's difficult to tell if it's the rebalancing working as intended, the game working as intended (but being opaque :(), or something genuinely wrong. That's why I suggested a save.

Ravenhide

Aug 28, 2018
This one had potential, but I eventually quit playing because I got tired of my girls absolutely refusing to work. Obedience, love, and mood all trending high and two of my four girls that are supposed to be doing normal jobs will refuse work, and sometimes one of my two whores will. This really feels like an arbitrary game system specifically designed to force players to be constantly forcing high fear in an effort to get them to obey, instead of them just obeying because they're happy and content.

• Hey there
Reactions: __neronero

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Obedience, love, and mood all trending high and two of my four girls that are supposed to be doing normal jobs will refuse work, and sometimes one of my two whores will.
I suggest you may have mismanaged your girls a bit. Now, I'm personally not a great fan of the way 'chance to work' is handled, but it's been working more or less fine for years and for a lot of players who are just as inclined to pamper their girls as you are.

Now, Goldo's 'working chance' formula, due to its exponential component, largely falls into one of the two extremes ('working fine'/'hate to work') and is very sensitive to small changes.

The important values are indeed obedience, mood and fear. But love has nothing to do with work, and there is one more, very important component: energy. Forcing girls to work when they're nearing exhaustion is not the best idea.

Second, fear also works in reverse. It is known as 'trust', is supposed to indicate that you're spoiling the girl and thus she acts out. Which includes refusals to work because she doesn't feel like it that day. :)

I am not quite certain how you've dug yourself into that hole. Because, barring special circumstances, your working chance should be (even with maxed trust!):
  • Rank C girl, maxed obedience, trust, mood and energy:
    • fresh: 100 - 35*0.96^(50-25+100/4-0) ~= 96%.
    • exhausted (10/100 energy): 100 - 35*0.96^(50-25+100/4-(100-10)/10) ~= 94%.
  • Rank B girl, maxed obedience, trust, mood and energy:
    • fresh: 100 - 35*0.96^(100-50+100/4-0) ~= 98%.
    • exhausted (10/150 energy): 100 - 35*0.96^(100-50+100/4-(150-10)/10) ~= 97%.
  • Rank C girl, half obedience, max trust, half mood and maxed energy:
    • fresh: 100 - 35*0.96^(25-25+50/4-0) ~= 96%.
    • exhausted (10/100 energy): 100 - 35*0.96^(25-25+50/4-(100-10)/10) ~= 69%.
  • Rank B girl, half obedience, max trust, half mood and maxed energy:
    • fresh: 100 - 35*0.96^(100-50+100/4-0) ~= 98%.
    • exhausted (10/150 energy): 100 - 35*0.96^(50-50+50/4-(150-10)/10) ~= 61%.
As you can see, the results don't match your claims unless
  • The RNG hates you. And I mean really hates you, personally and with a vengeance. As in getting 3,1,1,4,3,5,5 out of 100 on a regular basis. :D
  • There's something specific going on that you're not telling us or are not aware of. I actually have a hard time coming up with something that'd do that for a purely vanilla game. You sure you're not playing Trait King or Bonanza? :p
  • Your girls are not actually 'Obedience, love, and mood all trending high', not even 'trending average', and are being forced to work while exhausted.
As always, a save would let me tell you what's going on. But, right now, it's not something that happens during the normal course of the game.

This really feels like an arbitrary game system specifically designed to force players to be constantly forcing high fear in an effort to get them to obey, instead of them just obeying because they're happy and content.
I would actually be happy if that was the case because then a fear-based brothel would be something mechanically beneficial. Right now, it really isn't, unless you've got a lot of masochists in there. ;)

You also seem to have an overely rosy view of sexual slavery, but since the game - and indeed, the genre - actually does encourage this view, let's skip that discussion.

Reactions: 246 and __neronero

__neronero

Jan 23, 2021
This really feels like an arbitrary game system specifically designed to force players to be constantly forcing high fear in an effort to get them to obey
I'm one of those players Jman mentioned who loves to pamper his girls. I never play with high fear and I never have problems with girls repeatedly balking. Are you sure obedience is high? That's practically the only factor I normally pay attention to.

Perhaps you could share your save so we can determine if there's anything odd going on.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Here, have your snob point.

Actually, I had to look moderately hard to rediscover where these three images are used in-game. The OP really went out of their way there to find these, huh? :p

Dasneaky

Sep 22, 2017
so idk if this is a bug but my girl status say this " she is relaxed around you but something feels off..." and its giving me a negative mood buff even though the little symbol is green any way to fix this?

__neronero

Jan 23, 2021
so idk if this is a bug but my girl status say this " she is relaxed around you but something feels off..." and its giving me a negative mood buff even though the little symbol is green any way to fix this?
That little green-ish icon (the droplet on her profile) is not necessarily positive. It means the girl does not fear you. High fear and high trust (= negative fear) are both viable and beneficial in different scenarios.
She has a unique personality that makes her react differently to fear/trust compared to other girls.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Wow
Reactions: DougTheC and 246
4.60 star(s) 44 Votes