Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Not really. It's Goldo's intention that they act out a bit. There have been a few ideas floated to mitigate this, like a special item, but if you really want this to change, make a suggestion thread on the .

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Oh, yeah, I forgot Goldo did do this. :oops: But note that this is not quite 'stop slaves', because there is still a chance that the lil' sluts will break that rule, depending on their stats and personality.

Reactions: selberdreher

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
I'll note one exception to this. I asked for, and Goldo coded, that Virgin girls are aware of the fact that their virginity is of value to their master, and will not submit to actions that remove that value as long as their master (the player) has not taken action to directly cause the deflowering. Such action would be directly having sex with her or clicking the box to allow her to have sex as a whore. The idea here was that previously it was basically impossible short of save-scumming to keep a virgin-whore. It's still a pain to do, but now it is at least possible.

Reactions: Ego Orb

selberdreher

Dec 29, 2017
(...) The idea here was that previously it was basically impossible short of save-scumming to keep a virgin-whore. It's still a pain to do, but now it is at least possible.
Yes, this is an issue which is quite unclear for me: I had so far only one girl with the trait "Virgin". I suppose that means all other girls - even if they had zero ability at sex - werent virgins anymore? and therefore, even if they had "The Bride" from other traits, it would be futile to spent a perk point for the T3 perk in their tree? and if the "real" Virgins (those with the trait) would be deflowered, they would loose the bonus from "The Virgin Whore"? Will they loose the Trait also? Or would the trait transform into another one? Can you sell their virginity for a one-time big influx of cash?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I suppose that means all other girls - even if they had zero ability at sex - werent virgins anymore?
Yes. Goldo is deliberately throwing sluts at us, to spare our sensibilities from wooing/breaking each and every one of them as it might happen in a more slave-training focused game or a date sim. Because a simbro without whores is boring.

...even if they had "The Bride" from other traits, it would be futile to spent a perk point for the T3 perk in their tree?
Yep. Unless you play Trait King, which shakes things up a little.

...if the "real" Virgins (those with the trait) would be deflowered, they would loose the bonus from "The Virgin Whore"?
Of course they will. They aren't virgins anymore, now are they?

Will they loose the Trait also? Or would the trait transform into another one?
Well, both. They lose the trait and gain another from a short list, depending on how exactly they popped their cherry. Was it the MC's tender ministrations, an uncaring customer or a ravenous sex-crazed monster? All these and more lead to different traits.

Can you sell their virginity for a one-time big influx of cash?
Not really. The customer who happens to perform the defloration is happy and pays some extra, but not massively more than usual. Traits don't really affect girl price...

...unless you play TK (or that other mod). In which case virgins do get a little bit of a boost (TK) or a moderate one (the other).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

selberdreher

Dec 29, 2017
thank you very much for extensively answering my questions Jman9.

and since you seem to be quite proficient with BK let me pester you and other veteran BrothelKings with a few more:

i am not sure what to make out of the fixations a girl can have, it feels a bit as like they are just flavor.

yes, they seem to increase the chance to do better at some quests and the payoff from the big monthly quests seems higher if you have a matching fixation. but if you reward for instance a girl with sex their fixation is never mentioned.
i feel like you are able to induce new fixations, but i have no understanding how and why you should do it. have they any other payoffs? are there some fixations you should strive to trigger, because they offer some bonuses?

removing a negative fixation seems to increase the girls attitude towards certain sex skills sometimes but i am not sure of this either.
on that note, perhaps you guys could quickly elaborate on the attitude towards sex skills also, because my girls - even if they dislike certain sex acts (lets say for instance Service) - are more than happy to provide said service to me or accept them as reward as soon as their skill for it reaches something like 50+.

Reactions: Jman9

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
You're welcome. :)

and since you seem to be quite proficient with BK
Side effect of once digging through the game's guts a lot in order to make it more suitable for my tastes.

i am not sure what to make out of the fixations a girl can have, it feels a bit as like they are just flavor.
Well, it's kinda flavour, but largely the same kind of flavour as girl personalities. Fixations can change love/fear gains, make girls more accepting of an act, change initial preference scores and liked/disliked sex acts (which have some rather tiny effects, like a few extra stat points from farm training or lessening the chance they'll fight back when provoked). I suppose the most visible effects come where the fixations themselves are the most apparent, during advanced training.

if you reward for instance a girl with sex their fixation is never mentioned.
Because, well, that part of the code doesn't really have any hooks for fixations. I guess you can ask Goldo to make fixations more impactful. I see no harm in that, and I don't think it'd be all that hard to implement. If you have concrete suggestions (e.g. rewarding a slave with a matching fixation should give +3 love to 'lewd' personalities, double how long the rewards lasts, double mood gain), all the better.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

are there some fixations you should strive to trigger, because they offer some bonuses?
I'm not aware of anything tied to specific fixations. Well, except for some picture-picking routines, but that's immaterial from a gameplay POV.

removing a negative fixation seems to increase the girls attitude towards certain sex skills sometimes but i am not sure of this either.
Removing a negative fixation removes the penalty to preference gains for related sex acts. So she will usually progress faster after that.

on that note, perhaps you guys could quickly elaborate on the attitude towards sex skills also, because my girls - even if they dislike certain sex acts (lets say for instance Service) - are more than happy to provide said service to me or accept them as reward as soon as their skill for it reaches something like 50+.
Sex skill has nothing to do with it. Other stats - mostly obedience, love, fear, mood, energy level when working, certain traits - and RNG are what determines what she'll do. Although Goldo is still sticking to the exponential in obedience checks, which means small stat changes can push her to either side more than the numbers would seem to indicate.

I think what you're seeing here is the fact that sex skills raise together with other stats, so when she hits 50 with those, she'll also have enough others to offset some of that dislike. Although when you say 'dislike', it also opens up the possibility that you're not talking about preference levels ('reluctant', 'indifferent', 'interested', ''fascinated', etc) but liked/disliked acts as listed in the notebook. These are just determined by fixations: if she has a fixation, she dislikes (or 'has a weakness for') the related act(s).

Last edited:

selberdreher

Dec 29, 2017
(...) but liked/disliked acts as listed in the notebook. These are just determined by fixations: if she has a related fixation, she dislikes (or 'has a weakness for') the related act(s).
yes, the latter one. do i get you right on this:

if she has (the little flash icon) dislike for something, she definetly has also a related negative fixation?
if she has (the little yin and yang icon) ambivalent feelings about one, there are no related fixations?
and if she has (the little heart icon) a weakness towards, she definetly has a positive fixation?

there happen to be some girls who show no icon at all for specific acts, is this intended or a bug?
should they always fall in one of the three categories above, or is it a ranking like weakness > none > ambivalent > dislike?

thanks again for your kind answers.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Yes, dislike/nothing/weakness is completely determined by her fixations. Her preference level is usually a better measure of how she feels about a particular act at the moment.

Lacking a symbol The '?' means you don't know about her preferences. You'll get one of the other three as you 'explore' her. ;) Edit: The yin-yang symbol means she has both positive and negative fixations. No symbol means she has nothing. /edit Some perks can add fixations and you can remove negative ones, so what you actually see might change over the course of the game.

thanks again for your kind answers.
Careful there, you don't want to tarnish my reputation, now do you? :p

Last edited:

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
If she has the flash icon she definitely has at least one negative fixation related to that act and definitely does not have any positive fixations.

If the has the heart she definitely has at least one positive fixation related to that act and definitely does not have any negative fixations.

If she has the ying/yang symbol she definitely has (at least) one of each.

If she has no symbol then she definitely does not have either for that act

Last edited:

An0nM4n

Dec 29, 2019
Hi, newbie here, how do I get girls with a specific personality? I don't know which personality ends up displayed in-game and when I change it to a specific personality, I have a chance of getting random responses.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Hi, newbie here, how do I get girls with a specific personality? ... when I change it to a specific personality...
Depends on what you're doing to change their personality. No info, no answer possible.

If you just want to get a girl with a specific personality and not change an existing girl's personality, you can use the Headhunter mod.

...I have a chance of getting random responses.
Depending on the topic, her personality and status, there may be somewhat generic responses thrown in by design. The Community Dialogue Project is not complete yet, so without examples it's hard to say whether these are random responses as intended (for variety or because there isn't much unique dialogue for this particular case yet) or 'buggy' random responses.

pyroscope

Aug 22, 2017
Hello, i have problems opening it on my macbook, it just says "the program "brothel king" can't be opened" i have downloaded girl pack and the newest patch and put them into the right folders. Any ideas on how to open?

_HappyWolf_

Jan 14, 2019
I delete some girls packs and the game telling me that to remove girl from the game i need to find "Help Menu" and "Repair girl pack". Help button leads to patreon and i cant find "Help Menu". Someone know where it is?

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes