Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

gengarmite2

Mar 24, 2021
We're still trying to figure this one out. Since we haven't encountered it before, we suspect that some custom content could be involved.

Do you have any girl packs with custom dialogue, or do you remember if it only happened with a certain girl? Are you using any mods? Are you testing Community Dialogue? Have you ever tried manually editing the game's files?
nope and it occurs with all girls, also does anyone know the console command to make girls only use half the normal energy in activities ,it is very annoying when whores lose all their energy in 2 days

__neronero

Jan 23, 2021
nope and it occurs with all girls, also does anyone know the console command to make girls only use half the normal energy in activities ,it is very annoying when whores lose all their energy in 2 days
Can you easily reproduce the bug and share your save file?

I don't think there's an easy way to do that via console, there are a lot of different factors involved. When editing gamefiles you could theoretically give all your girls traits that reduce tiredness by 50% (or increase energy & recuperation), or modify the game files to halve the energy consumption of all kinds of activities... But those are lots of complicated edits and it's so much easier to fix it in the intended way, by increasing their constitution and giving them a rest now and then. Another easy fix that does exactly what you ask would be to always put that girl on a half-shift.

Lolzoke

Jul 14, 2017
I have a bug where I have two girls stuck in away for a mission, and I got a lua error when it happened - but it was a long time ago and I was hoping it'd just fix over time.

What's a console command I can use to remove them from my roster, or return them back?

Thank you.

Also, I've reported this before a year ago and noticed someone else reported it. 0.2 has major performance issues. I've wiped the game several times and I have an extremely good PC(9700k/2080/ 48gb of ram/ SSDs), and I've also increased the settings in ren.py for more ram to be used for images. It will occur with small girl pack load outs to bigger ones. There is so much micro-lag between doing things in the game once you have around 4-6 girls, it can get tedious to play. The micro lag is from 0.3s -> 5s often between just clicking anything to go through any menus. This occurs in every menu option in the game.

What I have noticed helps is the increasing the ram used for cached images in the ren.py settings though. This was 100% an improvement, but it's not enough still. If someone is willing that has the tools to help fix this if this isn't the same as their performance, I'm willing to try things to fix it.

Last edited:

Gnaat

Aug 10, 2022
I have an issue with playing on a mac. As soon as I try to open the app the system just opens a window that says: The programm "Brothel King" can't be opened.
No other information given by the system and I have absolutely no coding experience so I don't want to break it by accident.

If anyone knows how to fix this I'd be very happy.

Reactions: White Baron

__neronero

Jan 23, 2021
What's a console command I can use to remove them from my roster, or return them back?
While having the girl selected in your brothel, try the following command: call return_from_leave(girl)

As for the lag, I do remember this being a more common issue in the test release of 0.2. But the primary cause was identified and fixed in the official base game release of 0.2 (a problem with "predict" image caching) - are you 100% sure you're running with the latest (+ )?

Reactions: DougTheC

Doe467

Apr 23, 2017
Somehow I got the stupid FPS thingy toggled on (shows fps, ms, msmax, gl2, and powersave). I have googled the shortcut keys, and nothing I do will toggle it off... how do I turn the stupid thing off?

Nov 28, 2018
I've been trying to get the achievements and I looked up BKachievements.rpy to see what I needed to do and I think there are several that I have done to some extent but they have not triggered.

Does This Make You Ticklish? and Phobia say "Discover %s positive/negative fixations on your girls.". With all my girls I have checked every fixation and I have fixed every fixation I have found but these have not triggered at all.

The <Sex Act> Mania achievements say "Have your girls perform <Sex Acts> %s times.", I'm at endless and several of my whores have thousands of customers but these have not even triggered the basic level.

I have no more things to build at the Carpenters wagon but I don't have Interior Designer ("Build all furniture for chapter %s.")

And I have repeatedly tried to pay back my loan to get Close Call and it has not triggered.

Lolzoke

Jul 14, 2017
While having the girl selected in your brothel, try the following command: call return_from_leave(girl)

As for the lag, I do remember this being a more common issue in the test release of 0.2. But the primary cause was identified and fixed in the official base game release of 0.2 (a problem with "predict" image caching) - are you 100% sure you're running with the latest (+ )?
Thanks for your response.

That command worked. Thank you!

For performance: Yes, I am. I verified the dates of latest modified to 7/11/22 for changed files. I also made sure to do this due to the fact that it was the same a year ago and we had no results when I went over it with Jman and some others back then when I got the game setup again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Startik4610

HALO81

Jun 3, 2021
Hello. Mind if i ask some question here?

1. Why my daily income got penalty? How to get rid of it?
2. I've tried to edit my save file in (Brothel King Folder)/game/saves directory, but it still persist. Does this game have double layer save files (Another that saved in PC User Directory)?
3. Does this game have it own discord community? May i ask it? :)

Thanks in Advance

vadi9203

Aug 2, 2019
1. Why my daily income got penalty? How to get rid of it?
2. I've tried to edit my save file in (Brothel King Folder)/game/saves directory, but it still persist. Does this game have double layer save files (Another that saved in PC User Directory)?
3. Does this game have it own discord community? May i ask it? :)
1. You either have Bast as the trainer (she convert some of you money to materials) or you are in the month wich give penalty to daily incomme
2. there are 2 save folder 1 in the game folder 1 in the username/appdata/roaming/renpy/bro king
3. i didnt hear about it but it's have a forum

lhung914

May 14, 2019
I've tried and tried i can't get version .2 working. This is what appears right after I pick a class
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/BKstart.rpy", line 75, in script
    $ enemy_general = get_girls(1, free=True, p_traits=["Warrior"])[0]
  File "game/BKstart.rpy", line 75, in <module>
  File "game/BKfunctions.rpy", line 356, in get_girls
    girl.randomize(free=free, p_traits=p_traits, n_trait=n_trait, perks=perks, level=lvl)
  File "game/BKgirlclass.rpy", line 263, in randomize
    self.refresh_pictures()
  File "game/BKgirlclass.rpy", line 496, in refresh_pictures
    self.portrait = self.get_pic("portrait", "profile", naked_filter = True, and_priority=False, soft=True)
  File "game/BKgirlclass.rpy", line 1025, in get_pic
    return get_pic(self, tags=tags, alt_tags1=alt_tags1, alt_tags2=alt_tags2, alt_tags3=alt_tags3, and_tags=and_tags, not_tags=not_tags, strict=strict, and_priority=and_priority, attempts=attempts, always_stock=always_stock)
  File "game/BKfunctions.rpy", line 2796, in get_pic
    piclist = get_pic_list(target, search_tags, and_tags, not_tags)
  File "game/BKfunctions.rpy", line 2747, in get_pic_list
    show_unrecognized = preferences.packstate_unrecognized != "Hide"
AttributeError: 'Preferences' object has no attribute 'packstate_unrecognized'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
    girl.randomize(free=free, p_traits=p_traits, n_trait=n_trait, perks=perks, level=lvl)
    self.refresh_pictures()
    self.portrait = self.get_pic("portrait", "profile", naked_filter = True, and_priority=False, soft=True)
    return get_pic(self, tags=tags, alt_tags1=alt_tags1, alt_tags2=alt_tags2, alt_tags3=alt_tags3, and_tags=and_tags, not_tags=not_tags, strict=strict, and_priority=and_priority, attempts=attempts, always_stock=always_stock)

Windows-10-10.0.22000
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Brothel King 0.2 v220711
Sat Feb  4 21:37:56 2023

vadi9203

Aug 2, 2019
I've tried and tried i can't get version .2 working. This is what appears right after I pick a class
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    self.refresh_pictures()

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
    self.refresh_pictures()

Windows-10-10.0.22000
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Brothel King 0.2 v220711
Sat Feb  4 21:37:56 2023
Use this:
Code:
Run game to get Start menu,
use shift-o to get console, copy-paste
Code:
preferences.packstate_unrecognized = "Rename"
followed by the Enter key, and Esc key to return from console.

Yukihirou

Feb 4, 2018
Seriously, can anyone direct me a way to change chance of random events happening = 100% all the time ? There's ton of cool stuff hidden in those events. In one the high risk event in later district where a sus person attack your brothel, one of your girl got hit by a dart that reset her personality and past, how cool is that ? And I never get that event again some 50 hours later.
And I don't believe the furnitures that are supposed to boost the chance of brothel events are working at all.

Reactions: __neronero

__neronero

Jan 23, 2021
Seriously, can anyone direct me a way to change chance of random events happening = 100% all the time ? There's ton of cool stuff hidden in those events. In one the high risk event in later district where a sus person attack your brothel, one of your girl got hit by a dart that reset her personality and past, how cool is that ? And I never get that event again some 50 hours later.
And I don't believe the furnitures that are supposed to boost the chance of brothel events are working at all.
Hot damn, that does sound really cool!

It's a bit complicated because there are lots of places where events can come from, and there isn't one simple change which increases the odds for all of them. For example, the one you mention is a security event, while the furniture is only for "customer events".

There are really obvious ways to provoke more security events: Hoard gold & girls, don't build any safes, don't employ any guards.

Not sure if it'll be fun to play like that though. To fine-tune which security events will proc, open BKsettings.rpy and go to security_events on line 272
What you're referring to is an outcome of the "assassin" security event. To make it more common as a security event, you could change these values as you see fit, eg:

Code:
    # The number next to each event type is the relative weight of a certain event happening at a given alert level
    security_events = {
                        1 : [("assassin", 75), ("thief", 27), ("monster", 27), ("quiet", 6)],
                        2 : [("assassin", 50), ("brawl", 27), ("quiet", 6)],
                        3 : [("assassin", 25), ("raid", 27), ("siege", 27), ("quiet", 6)],
                        }
To help the assassin succeed, make sure not to employ too many guards and don't give your girls any weapons (it does feel like a shame that such a cool possibility is gated behind several levels of bad brothel-management)

Yukihirou

Feb 4, 2018
Hot damn, that does sound really cool!

It's a bit complicated because there are lots of places where events can come from, and there isn't one simple change which increases the odds for all of them. For example, the one you mention is a security event, while the furniture is only for "customer events".

There are really obvious ways to provoke more security events: Hoard gold & girls, don't build any safes, don't employ any guards.

Not sure if it'll be fun to play like that though. To fine-tune which security events will proc, open BKsettings.rpy and go to security_events on line 272
What you're referring to is an outcome of the "assassin" security event. To make it more common as a security event, you could change these values as you see fit, eg:

Code:
    # The number next to each event type is the relative weight of a certain event happening at a given alert level
    security_events = {
                        1 : [("assassin", 75), ("thief", 27), ("monster", 27), ("quiet", 6)],
                        2 : [("assassin", 50), ("brawl", 27), ("quiet", 6)],
                        3 : [("assassin", 25), ("raid", 27), ("siege", 27), ("quiet", 6)],
                        }
To help the assassin succeed, make sure not to employ too many guards and don't give your girls any weapons (it does feel like a shame that such a cool possibility is gated behind several levels of bad brothel-management)
Damn, while we're at it, do you mind showing me how to boost the chance for customer related events as well if it's not too hard to look into ? The one i'm looking for specifically is the event before brothel nigh shifts
-Your girl is late, you question her
-You enter a girl room for inspection
-Tavern/Onsen/Strip club/Okiya related events where you orchestrate how your working girls deal with customers
-Early morning event right after night end and money counted where one of your girl ask to sleep together with you as she's scared of the night.

I know this is a bit too much, but that certainly almost all the events for the night shifts aimed at working girls. I look forward to your reply, if possible. Thank you for the above tip.

Reactions: __neronero
4.60 star(s) 44 Votes