Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

__neronero

Jan 23, 2021
Damn, while we're at it, do you mind showing me how to boost the chance for customer related events as well if it's not too hard to look into ? The one i'm looking for specifically is the event before brothel nigh shifts
The first two are called random_night_events, and the fourth one is random_morning_events. There's a place to change it in the code, but I think that'll only work for new games (BKstart.rpy line 133)
So here's how to do it for ongoing games:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The 3rd one are those "customer events" which the furniture influences among other things. Go to BKfunctions.rpy line 2155 and change it like this:
chance = 10 * girl.get_effect("boost", "customer events") + 10 # +10% base chance of horny customer

If you also want more rapists and unhinged customers/criminals to show up (which the furniture also helps with) then go to BKclasses.rpy line 1760 and change that line to something like this:
if dice(100) <= 2 * self.get_effect("boost", "crazy") + self.get_effect("change", "crazy") + 5: # +5% base chance of crazy customer

• Red Heart
Reactions: Yukihirou

__neronero

Jan 23, 2021
Here's an update on 0.3 from the dev, surprising us with a new feature.
Goldo said:
Just wanted to share a new feature that I will progressively roll out with v0.3: A revamped help system, replacing the current clunky dialogue-based help with an in-game encyclopedia of sorts.

I have been meaning to play around with Ren'py and hyperlinks for a while, and I'm pretty happy how it turned out.

I think it will be pretty cool:

Due to the amount of work it will take to retrofit the existing help labels, I will not deliver all of it with 0.3, but the new features will be documented with this system. Hopefully it should make it easier for both new players and experienced ones to learn about the nuances of the game.

A bit like the dialogue system, this is designed to allow for easy writing of descriptions in plain text, and plenty powerful for the game's basic needs. So if you have ideas for detailed help screens, and some time on your hands... Let me know. ;)
Besides the Brokipedia, it also gives a sneak peek on some other upcoming features:
- A third resource in the top bar... Related to the farm?
- Since Moons can have very powerful effects, there's a (hoverable) icon in the top left reminding you of the current moon.
- The default resolution is migrating towards 16:9
- A new typeface to make text a bit more pleasing to the eye

Alfre4u

Dec 1, 2018
Here's an update on 0.3 from the dev, surprising us with a new feature.

Besides the Brokipedia, it also gives a sneak peek on some other upcoming features:
- A third resource in the top bar... Related to the farm?
- Since Moons can have very powerful effects, there's a (hoverable) icon in the top left reminding you of the current moon.
- The default resolution is migrating towards 16:9
- A new typeface to make text a bit more pleasing to the eye
No offence but I really hope given how long its been and how most that is heaa not really much of a thing other then spotting the pink dot which is unknown.

Just hope also that there no issues created including for the countless "mods" though don't see how there would be given they been working forever far as I am aware.

morty2301

Oct 9, 2018
If I delete packs of girls that appeared in my save before, what happens if I try to load it up again? Can I delete some girl packs I don't like anymore without worrying about my save being messed with?

vadi9203

Aug 2, 2019
If I delete packs of girls that appeared in my save before, what happens if I try to load it up again? Can I delete some girl packs I don't like anymore without worrying about my save being messed with?
The only thing what happens it's that you get a bunch of message that XYZ girl is missing pic's (can be skipped with fast forward) and there will be a non pic girl in the market/city for awhile.

Reactions: DougTheC

morty2301

Oct 9, 2018
The only thing what happens it's that you get a bunch of message that XYZ girl is missing pic's (can be skipped with fast forward) and there will be a non pic girl in the market/city for awhile.
I can force the market and city to reset with commands right?

noctred

Nov 25, 2017
Can somebody please refresh my memory on the tagging rules for this game? Specifically the and/or rules for optional tags. Do they operate as inclusive/exclusive ORs or do all selected optional tags need to match in order for an image to fire?

There used to be a thread about this on the old HHS forums but I don't think it was ever recreated after the og forums died... or if it has then I can't find it.

Thanks.

gengarmite2

Mar 24, 2021
Can anyone tell me how I can add new traits into the game, I have tried adding certain op traits through the trait king.rpy, but i cannot figure out how to add them ingame,and the dict command always come out as cannot find keyword even for vanilla codes even tried keeping the original name and only changing the effects but that does not seem to work when i add the traits through kings way

Last edited:

__neronero

Jan 23, 2021
I can force the market and city to reset with commands right?
enter "weeklyupdates()" in the console

Can somebody please refresh my memory on the tagging rules for this game? Specifically the and/or rules for optional tags. Do they operate as inclusive/exclusive ORs or do all selected optional tags need to match in order for an image to fire?
That depends on a player's settings. For your own sanity, I would strongly advise a WYSIWYG tagging philosophy. Base your tags on what's visible on the image, not on how the game's code works. The code is tweaked by settings, has countless contradictions & exceptions, is subject to changes, etc.

That being said, if you still want to dive into the code then a good place to start is the get_pic function, which starts with a brief summary:

Can anyone tell me how I can add new traits into the game, I have tried adding certain op traits through the trait king.rpy, but i cannot figure out how to add them ingame,and the dict command always come out as cannot find keyword even for vanilla codes even tried keeping the original name and only changing the effects but that does not seem to work when i add the traits through kings way
I've never used Kingsway, but perhaps it doesn't work well together with trait king, since TK tramples all over BKtraits.rpy in its execution.

After selecting your girl in the girls menu, try adding the trait(s) with the following console command:
girl.add_trait(trait_dict["My Traitname"], forced=True)
If that doesn't work as expected, something might be wrong with your modifications to trait king.rpy

Isn't that just mana? Gold for gold, blue for action points, purple for mana is how 0.2 worked.
Now that you mention it, you might be right. This one looks more pink than purple to me, so I just assumed it would be a new farm resource. The farm will be getting a makeover with all kinds of juicy evil powers :devilish:

Reactions: gengarmite2

gengarmite2

Mar 24, 2021
enter "weeklyupdates()" in the console

That depends on a player's settings. For your own sanity, I would strongly advise a WYSIWYG tagging philosophy. Base your tags on what's visible on the image, not on how the game's code works. The code is tweaked by settings, has countless contradictions & exceptions, is subject to changes, etc.

That being said, if you still want to dive into the code then a good place to start is the get_pic function, which starts with a brief summary:

I've never used Kingsway, but perhaps it doesn't work well together with trait king, since TK tramples all over BKtraits.rpy in its execution.

After selecting your girl in the girls menu, try adding the trait(s) with the following console command:
girl.add_trait(trait_dict["My Traitname"], forced=True)
If that doesn't work as expected, something might be wrong with your modifications to trait king.rpy

Now that you mention it, you might be right. This one looks more pink than purple to me, so I just assumed it would be a new farm resource. The farm will be getting a makeover with all kinds of juicy evil powers :devilish:
it could be that i did it wrong i got the op traits from here with your conversation with mayhem0

so any easy way to do it

Reactions: __neronero

__neronero

Jan 23, 2021
it could be that i did it wrong i got the op traits from here with your conversation with mayhem0

so any easy way to do it
Yes, just add them to the existing list(s) of traits
If you're using Trait King, you open up "Trait King.rpy" and add your traits somewhere. For example, under traitking_gold_special below the "In demand" trait @ line 546, and then you start a new game.

If you want to add them to your existing game, I guess the simplest way is to just select your girl and type whatever trait you want into the console (but then it won't randomly appear on new generated girls)
girl.add_trait(Trait("Armpit Vaginas", verb = "have", eff1 = Effect("increase satisfaction", "all sex acts", 1), base_description = "She has an extra vagina under each armpit."))

gengarmite2

Mar 24, 2021
Yes, just add them to the existing list(s) of traits
If you're using Trait King, you open up "Trait King.rpy" and add your traits somewhere. For example, under traitking_gold_special below the "In demand" trait @ line 546, and then you start a new game.

If you want to add them to your existing game, I guess the simplest way is to just select your girl and type whatever trait you want into the console (but then it won't randomly appear on new generated girls)
girl.add_trait(Trait("Armpit Vaginas", verb = "have", eff1 = Effect("increase satisfaction", "all sex acts", 1), base_description = "She has an extra vagina under each armpit."))
thank you so much mate,
I don't know why it never occurred to me to start a new game

Last edited:

amber9572

Jan 26, 2022
I don't know what I did wrong, and I can't access the 'official' site for girl packs, so I'm gonna ask here. I started up the game for the first time, version 0.2, an update from the thread I downloaded it from (Kite80's), the basic girl pack, and a variety of girls of different rankings off the list on the OP of that thread, but everytime I get to the first market scene, I get an error telling me to download a girl pack. I've run out of trouble shooting steps, and its past time for me to go to bed. Any ideas for me to try when I get off work?

vadi9203

Aug 2, 2019
I don't know what I did wrong, and I can't access the 'official' site for girl packs, so I'm gonna ask here. I started up the game for the first time, version 0.2, an update from the thread I downloaded it from (Kite80's), the basic girl pack, and a variety of girls of different rankings off the list on the OP of that thread, but everytime I get to the first market scene, I get an error telling me to download a girl pack. I've run out of trouble shooting steps, and its past time for me to go to bed. Any ideas for me to try when I get off work?
Put the girl packs in the Brothel_king_pc/game/girls folder.
If the pack have multiple girl packs folder in it put a # before it.

Reactions: selberdreher
4.60 star(s) 44 Votes