Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

vadi9203

Aug 2, 2019
the cap of 32 i need that i just finish edit that one
Here is a FAQ for the current version of this game, Brothel King ver 0.2 Release.
It is partly based on the earlier FAQ written by Kite80.
Btw I'm not the game dev (in case someone thought that), just a player who decided to support it in this forum.

Note: The F95zone OP downloads should be up-to-date with some possible lag in submitting recent update patches. The latest version is always available from (v 0.2 Release), which must be followed by .

Q: Am I using the latest release/version?
A: On Feb 12, 2022, the pre-patch base code changed from a "ver 0.2 Test" to "ver 0.2 Release" set of code. Those using older versions, with "faq.txt" file dated before February 7, 2022, need to download and extract the full game again, before extracting the required latest update patch.

It is highly recommended not to overwrite your old game folder but to install it in a new location.
If using the same install folder, you'll probably need to delete "game/*.rpyc" old compiled files, which are automatically recompiled on running game.

For those with current base game code, the version number shows in the start menu, top-right corner, as well as in game/options.rpy like
config.version = "0.2 v220222",
with the part after the "0.2 v" being the yymmdd date of patch creation.

The latest patch is always available from
which has a upload date that you can compare to the yymmdd of your current patch.

(The F95zone OP patch download will lag latest patch sometimes, as a patch upload is usually requested only after the latest patch has been stable for a few days.)

Q: How do I install the game?
A:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Q: How do I update/patch the game?
A:

Q:
  • Why didn't my applying the patch fix what it was designed to?
  • Is there a problem if I ran a newly installed game before applying the update patch?
  • Could I have compiled-code date confusion?

A:

Q: Where do I put girl packs?

A:

Q: Some girls have special mods, what are they and how do I install them?

A:

Q: I get the message
Code:
if not persistent.girl_mix["default"]:
KeyError: u'default'
How do I fix this?

A:

Q: I have the goal in chapter 2 (second brothel) of "have x amount in the bank", which I have, and cannot advance. What do I do?

A:

Q: I have the goal in chapter 3 (third brothel) of "Rank up 6 girls to rank B and have x amount in the bank", which I have, and cannot advance. What do I do?

A:

Q: Is there a way to increase the maximum number of girls (brothel capacity) over 32 ?
(max bedrooms, max girls, max rooms, brothel size)

A:

Q: Is there a walkthrough?

A:

Q: How do I report an error?

A:

You can find a lot of mods and girl packs here: , and in the , which has spreadsheet pages for drawn and real girls, with download links on the right.

- Boa Hancock personal mod bugfix (_BK.ini & _events.zip)(extract in game/girls/boa_hancock folder)

jorjo

Oct 15, 2017
hello guys, i have some probleme with the girls parcks, some i cant unzip it, it found nothing and put a error message, do you known why?

Daba

Jan 22, 2018
hello guys, i have some probleme with the girls parcks, some i cant unzip it, it found nothing and put a error message, do you known why?
Probably didn't download pack correctly (corrupt file), this can occur due to both error in your connection or server storage. For start try to re-download girl pack that is corrupted/empty.
If that doesn't work, you can try to reinstall winrar/7zip (or what you use).
Hope this helps.

Congressman Weiner

Jul 29, 2018
Still enjoying this game; updating my girl packs and so on. But I still haven't figured out what goes in the "Misc." box on the girls' items.

__neronero

Jan 23, 2021
Still enjoying this game; updating my girl packs and so on. But I still haven't figured out what goes in the "Misc." box on the girls' items.
Misc. items are one-time consumables, unless I'm forgetting some sort of exception. It doesn't make sense to display it as an equipment slot with the current items. Perhaps it's to give mods some flexibility? I'll ask goldo.

vadi9203

Aug 2, 2019
Misc. items are one-time consumables, unless I'm forgetting some sort of exception. It doesn't make sense to display it as an equipment slot with the current items. Perhaps it's to give mods some flexibility? I'll ask goldo.
As far as i know only the MC have the notebook item what goes into the "misc" slot. Other then that nothing else.

Reactions: DougTheC

White Baron

Sep 12, 2020
I have an issue with playing on a mac. As soon as I try to open the app the system just opens a window that says: The programm "Brothel King" can't be opened.
No other information given by the system and I have absolutely no coding experience so I don't want to break it by accident.

If anyone knows how to fix this I'd be very happy.
I have the same problem, could you solve the issue?

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
I have the same problem, could you solve the issue?
Game is not formally supported on Macs, but problems might be caused by two things: file permissions and protections against running unregistered / unknown source downloads.
Try info from these links (no promises).
You will need to adjust their steps to apply to BK.

https://f95zone.to/threads/permission-fixer-for-mac-and-linux.24233/

https://f95zone.to/threads/tales-of-androgyny-v0-3-31-1-majalis.1643/post-9713214

https://f95zone.to/threads/monster-girl-1-000-v19-0-0e-twistedscarlett.74670/post-6074203

Last edited:

Bogman

Mar 10, 2018
hey everyone, can someone help me find the path for where the game saves? i want to start a new playthrough and i want a clean sheet for the game. thank you

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes