Invuruk

Apr 30, 2021
If anyone is having trouble running this on macOS, here's the steps I took to make it work on Mojave 10.14.6 with an administrator account. I found that problems arose due to user account access privileges and application translocation.
It took a bit of research and I unfortunately cannot post links or images to make this easier, but a bit of searching through this forum and google should get you to the information you need, should you feel like reading up on any of these terms that you might not understand completely.

If you don't feel comfortable using the console command line to make changes to access privileges, run shell commands or remove extended attributes, this fix is not for you!

1) Download the mac version from your preferred mirror. Because of the .rar format you'll need to use a third-party archiving tool, I use one called The Unarchiver. Extract it to your preferred location e.g. your Downloads folder. Navigate to the new folder called Monster Girl 1000 Episode 3 Part 2 - Mac. Take note that this is where the file called Game.app is located.

Here is the first problem, even administrator accounts don't have permission to run this game. Thankfully a helpful discord user has created a script to circumvent this.

2) Search this forum thread for "mac" and navigate to the post which says "Unofficial: A script that fixes permissions on MacOS place it next to the Game.app file and run it". Download the script and as suggested, place it next to the aforementioned Game.app

The second problem - we can't run shell command scripts, even as an administrator. Sigh.

3) Left-click on the script you've just downloaded so that it's highlighted in the Finder window. Down the bottom of the Finder window, you should see the directory structure followed by the file. Right-click on this and choose to Copy "Setup Permissions and Save Path.command" as Pathname.

Now open Terminal and type

Code:
sh ""
Left-click between the quotation marks and press command+v to paste the filename into the command, then hit Enter. Here's an example using my filepath:

Code:
sh "/Users/bobinabottle/Downloads/Monster Girl 1000 Episode 3 Part 2 - Mac/Setup Permissions and Save Path.command"
The sh command will simply execute the script you have downloaded through the console, bypassing the user privileges built into macOS. If it asks for your password, type it in and hit enter. Once the script has run you can close the Terminal window.

Although you can now run the game by right-clicking on Game.app and choosing Open, you'll find that trying to save your game will result in nothing happening. Trying to change any values in the options menu then exiting it, will throw up an error stating that it doesn't have access privileges to make a directory in a random, long filepath with a lot of of letters and numbers. This is due to another security feature for macOS called Application Translocation - due to being a file by an unknown developer and being downloaded from an unknown source, macOS in its infinite wisdom has decided to make a copy of the file and to run it from a protected, random folder. In some cases this is useful, but in this case, the game once again is unable to read or write to certain directories. Here's the last step to fix this.

4) Go back to the folder where Game.app is located, highlight Game.app and copy the pathname as you did with the script before. Open up terminal again and type

Code:
xattr ""
As before, you'll need to paste the filepath for Game.app between the quotation marks. Hit enter and it should return a value of

Code:
com.apple.quarantine
The xattr command will display the value of any extended attributes attached to a file. This attribute is what is telling macOS to use Application Translocation instead of just running the program from its own directory. To remove this attribute, type in this command

Code:
sudo xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine ""
Once again, paste the filepath for Game.app between the quotations and enter your password if asked. It's not necessary, but if you want to see if it has worked, you can run the first command of step 4 to see if there are still any extended attributes attached to the file, if it has worked, nothing will be returned when you hit enter.

And that's it! Phew. You can now run the game and save to your heart's content. Remind me to never buy a macOS-based system again.

TwistedScarlett60

Will lewd cute girls for cash
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
Here's the 3.02 update:
Windows:
Mac:
(Working on mirrors for OP now)

If you're transferring a save from part 1 to part 2, this update is necessary to progress. My apologies for the inconvenience.

3.02:
- Reset all the necessary variables at the start of the Manor contract so it's consistent every time you play it, even if you replay it. It's now a self-contained thing
- Fixed it so if you die in one of the Yulia battles you don't lose your characters and get booted to the Misty Woods menu

Last edited:

Deleted member 3006697

Game Compressor
Oct 30, 2020
Monster Girl 1,000 [Ep. 3 Part 2] compressed

Original Windows Size: 940MB
Compressed Windows Size: 172MB:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

TwistedScarlett60

Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
How do I start Bessie route during the haunting mansion mission?
Download 3.02. Old saves have Bessie's variable accidentally ticked to 1 instead of 0, but the 3.02 version reverts it back to 0 every time you start that mission.

zetta216

Oct 4, 2018
The pumpkin queen final fight just keeps repeating with me getting killed each time I take her to zero. The first hit main character takes 0 from and rest of the party falls. Then his hp keeps changing so it looks like its super high but goes back to the normal amount at the end of each turn. When I reduce the enemy to 0 hp she uses the fire attack again though and it defeats the main character. Then the battle restarts but the mp and item changes (I used antidotes) lasted into the new fight. I was able to do this 5 times before a bug was encountered and the game crashed.

Reactions: TwistedScarlett60

TwistedScarlett60

Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
The pumpkin queen final fight just keeps repeating with me getting killed each time I take her to zero. The first hit main character takes 0 from and rest of the party falls. Then his hp keeps changing so it looks like its super high but goes back to the normal amount at the end of each turn. When I reduce the enemy to 0 hp she uses the fire attack again though and it defeats the main character. Then the battle restarts but the mp and item changes (I used antidotes) lasted into the new fight. I was able to do this 5 times before a bug was encountered and the game crashed.
Well bloody hell, that's a weird bug that didn't occur while I was testing, or in the engine's combat testing simulator. I don't even know how I'd begin fixing that, but it does need to be fixed.

The boss is still beatable if you're tactile, but MC's health keeps resetting to his original max.

Edit: I figured out the problem. If you're wearing the armour that gives +1% HP regen and then receive a buff that increases max HP too, the game gets really confused and for some inexplicable reason throws your HP pool to your 'supposed' maximum. I can't believe how trash RPGmaker is sometimes. This is an engine that desperately needs some competition.

Edit 2: Uploading 3.03 with a fix. Shouldn't be longer than an hour.

Last edited:

Harrison True

Mar 25, 2018
Well bloody hell, that's a weird bug that didn't occur while I was testing, or in the engine's combat testing simulator. I don't even know how I'd begin fixing that, but it does need to be fixed.

The boss is still beatable if you're tactile, but MC's health keeps resetting to his original max.

Edit: I figured out the problem. If you're wearing the armour that gives +1% HP regen and then receive a buff that increases max HP too, the game gets really confused and for some inexplicable reason throws your HP pool to your 'supposed' maximum. I can't believe how trash RPGmaker is sometimes. This is an engine that desperately needs some competition.

Yay! Thanks for your promptness OP. I got another error if you get the chance to look at it. I'm running on PC, transferred my saves folder from Pt. 1 to Pt. 2, but my game keeps giving me a loading error whenever something changes (e.g., making dialogue choices, chatting w/ party). I've attached a pic of the error. Any advice? Worst comes to worst, I can just start from Pt. 1 again.

Reactions: TwistedScarlett60

TwistedScarlett60

Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
OP has been updated with version 3.03, just need to reup the Workupload Windows mirror which I'll edit in a second.

Yay! Thanks for your promptness OP. I got another error if you get the chance to look at it. I'm running on PC, transferred my saves folder from Pt. 1 to Pt. 2, but my game keeps giving me a loading error whenever something changes (e.g., making dialogue choices, chatting w/ party). I've attached a pic of the error. Any advice? Worst comes to worst, I can just start from Pt. 1 again.
From the notes:
"Notes:
You should be able to transfer your save straight from Episode 3 Part 1 to Episode 3 Part 2. The saves are located in the www/saves folder. Be warned though, due to the music overhaul, you'll get a 'loading error', you can get rid of this by going to a new location (e.g. menu -> townsfolk), saving then reloading (possibly reloading the game)."

nonymous

Jul 5, 2019
I did the whole pumpkin queen fight and then hit the "go home" button after it said I could visit Mistral Village... Black screen of nothing. I don't particularly want to replay the whole pumpkin queen fight but I may have to.

Replayed it and used the nav menu to go to Mistral, seems to work fine that way. Oh, okay, the text should not say to use the "go home" button as a shortcut, anywhere, if it won't work until the cutscenes and so on are done with. If anything the button should not be there until it is functional.

Last edited:

TwistedScarlett60

Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
I did the whole pumpkin queen fight and then hit the "go home" button after it said I could visit Mistral Village... Black screen of nothing. I don't particularly want to replay the whole pumpkin queen fight but I may have to.

Replayed it and used the nav menu to go to Mistral, seems to work fine that way. Oh, okay, the text should not say to use the "go home" button as a shortcut, anywhere, if it won't work until the cutscenes and so on are done with. If anything the button should not be there until it is functional.
I actually fixed that in 3.03, apologies for the inconvenience.

Dev, You need to add pregnancy, breeding, and incest. If you don't, you will be prosecuted for war crimes by the International Criminal Court.
Coming very soon! Technically you've already made at least one girl canonically pregnant. These things take time to show :WeSmart:

Ahhhhhh this game would be so good but RPGM games are so damn tedious to play. I just wanna use rollback........
Agreed, you can view the message history by using 'shift' at least. I wish there was some kind of RPG engine for Ren'Py.

Reactions: AJBit

zetta216

Oct 4, 2018

You are amazing. Thanks for the hard work! I actually did manage to beat it after several tries, I was just going too fast with damage and triggered her Hellfire attack too frequently. I slowed down and the battle became a little easier. My poor healing items though (this is what I get for saying I never needed to use them before). The scenes after were incredible, it kinda left a... no consequences like feeling, but very well done. I eagerly await the next update to see what shenanigans we get up to back in the home town!

DGM

May 29, 2017
This is surprisingly good and wholesome, really looking forward to future updates.
Queen fight was troublesome / frustrating felt like making all the wrong choices but nice story at the end.

Harabec

Nov 11, 2019
This is surprisingly good and wholesome, really looking forward to future updates.
Queen fight was troublesome / frustrating felt like making all the wrong choices but nice story at the end.
Lol yeah, partway through I started typing up here to ask how to get a different result. But then played through to end. Eagerly awaiting next part.

4.50 star(s) 101 Votes