Svalkash

Jun 10, 2020
But there is hope to encounter mostly cute monster girls and not some big horrors, right? =3

Those MGQ flashbacks are shocking sometimes.~
Well, seems like DOOM developers, for example, liked the idea of "see an angel -> KILL IT WITH FIRE")

TwistedScarlett60

Will lewd cute girls for cash
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
Hey everyone, thanks for the patience. Episode 3 Part 2 is coming along great, and is packed full of content. At 36,000 words, it's practically a short novel. The art is all done, and it's half coded.

Considering the basic premise of the story, will there be proper baby-making sex and beyond?
Absolutely! Pregnancy is the end-game for a lot of characters, and this early in the story we haven't made it that far yet. Especially since the world is gonna be partially realistic, and pregnancies are gonna take some time to show. I've already prepared plenty of assets though. (Mimi and Isadora for example already have preggo belly models)

So... how many chapters are planned?
I have 21 in my plan. It has taken half a year to only make three though! Episode 3 in particular has been colossal in size and scope with 9 sex scenes spread amongst like 9 characters.
Moving forward, I'll probably be making each episode just a little smaller than ep 2, which was fairly dense itself.
Just to numerically represent it:
Ep 1: 1 Contract
Ep 2: 5 Contracts
Ep 3: 7 Contracts
Ep 4 and on: 2-4 Contracts

when will it go on steam?
When it's done.

Do you have your own Dev Plan for the game? Updates for it that you'd release every (...) of moths?
I can guess that as a developer, you wouldn't want to give false hope. But personally, I'd still like to have some idea.
I have a vague outline of what I want to do story and content wise. But I have no timed deadlines. I'll simply release each episode when it's done. I'd ideally like to release every month, but that isn't always realistic.
I've seen devs try to force a weekly update schedule, and so often this just results in weak updates with unfinished content.

Mar 5, 2020
Howdy all, fresh to the game, anything I should look out for in the beginning?
Do dialogue choices affect anything other than the interaction/text immediately after it?
Is there any point to buying both swords/shields at the start of the game or is that just a waste of (apparently finite) money?
Are there right answers on the test, and does anything change if you do get them right?
Enjoying it so far, the art is nice, music and menu feels smooth, I am not bleeding from horrible engrish, etc. Too fresh to say much more, but I'm looking forward to it!

Reactions: TwistedScarlett60

TwistedScarlett60

Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
Ep 3. Part 2 coding is in the end-game now. I've created every single text box and just need to add in music and art.
I've also completely overhauled the soundtrack of the game, changing every single instance of music playing manually. I think it's an improvement and it's no longer using copyrighted tracks.

is there a way to re view old scenes ? Like the stuff with Ray?
A gallery will be in episode 4. (Just like my old game, Friendship with Benefits, the gallery will be diegetic

1. anything I should look out for in the beginning?
2. Do dialogue choices affect anything other than the interaction/text immediately after it?
3. Is there any point to buying both swords/shields at the start of the game or is that just a waste of (apparently finite) money?
4. Are there right answers on the test, and does anything change if you do get them right?
1. Narratively there's a lot of subtext and foreshadowing, gameplay wise and sex scene wise you're unlikely to miss anything if you keep an eye and an ear out.
2. Yeah there's a few instances of dialogue actually changing something later, but it's mostly there for roleplay purposes and you needn't worry about your choices making you miss sex scenes.
3. That's just fluff for narrative consistency. There's a fair amount of instances like that where I change dialogue to fit an unusual choice by the player. Just one of those small details, I guess.
4. There are actually right answers for the test, but nothing changes regardless of how you answer. Almost like what you answer doesn't matter at all :WeSmart:
Overall, no need to worry. All my games are designed to not be obtuse or require a walkthrough. You should be able to comfortably play and see everything you want.

Mar 5, 2020
Noticed accessory drops from most enemies, is there any rhyme or reason to the drops? And are the levels common, rare and legendary or is there something even greater?

TwistedScarlett60

Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
Noticed accessory drops from most enemies, is there any rhyme or reason to the drops? And are the levels common, rare and legendary or is there something even greater?
Yes, every enemy in the game has a unique drop, and here's how it works:

An enemy will have an 'effect' assigned to their drops, e.g.
+10% HP
Then the enemy will drop a version of this for each party member, MC, Ray and Bessie.
Then, there will be a rare and legendary version with bonuses, e.g.
+15% HP, +20% HP
This means every enemy has on average nine drops.

The average drop rate for an enemy is about 96%, but what you get varies wildly. Rare drops are ~30%, and Legendary are ~6%.
This gives everyone that plays a pretty unique set of equipment.

Rare and Legendary equipment are pretty strong! I have plans to let people upgrade their equipment later using the Mistral Village hub.

Reactions: Oidem

TwistedScarlett60

Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
unknown.png
Episode 3 Part 2:
Windows:
Mac:

+5 New Romanceable Girls
+5 New Sex Scenes amongst 6 Event CG
+2.5 Hours of content

Notes:
You should be able to transfer your save straight from Episode 3 Part 1 to Episode 3 Part 2. The saves are located in the www/saves folder. Be warned though, due to the music overhaul, you'll get a 'loading error', you can get rid of this by going to a new location (e.g. menu -> townsfolk), saving then reloading (possibly reloading the game).
Otherwise, the Episode Select function can be used to start playing Episode 3 immediately from the 'new game' option.

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
How Polite.png

What a polite young man. How polite do you wanna be when there is a girl naked under the covers with you? "Frightfully sorry my old girl but might I give you a bit of a rodgering followed by some Pimms and Lemonade?"

Kinni

Jul 30, 2017
1624922630279.png
Still going through it, but just noticed that the name of the blessing doesn't show up properly.
Edit:
1624923335103.png
This message shows up even though I haven't played any of the routes yet.
Edit 2: And after completing Ray and Protagonist's sections, I'm trapped at the "select the route" screen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oidem

Trynn

Jul 10, 2018
I really look forward to this game updating, the writing is funny and the art is charming.

ooo, new update. I'd played the first part, so let's look at the new contacts.

[CHOMP]

... you absolute shithead... [said affectionately, but with irritation]

So, Muv Luv fan?

TwistedScarlett60

Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
Edit:
View attachment 1271057
This message shows up even though I haven't played any of the routes yet.
Edit 2: And after completing Ray and Protagonist's sections, I'm trapped at the "select the route" screen.
This is a strange bug that a lot of people have encountered but I've been completely unable to replicate. I'll be trying out a hotfix ASAP that'll set the variables correctly at the start of the contract for every player, but I won't be able to get it out until morning. (I'm fixing this at 3:18am and trust me I'm not usually up at this hour :p)

Edit: I figured out the problem and I've fixed it. It's just a case of uploading it. If you want to continue playing now, this bug won't happen on a clean save, so you can use episode select and skip through the other missions by holding 'w' (it's very quick).

So, Muv Luv fan?
Big fan :LUL:

Last edited:
Reactions: Oidem and Trynn

Trynn

Jul 10, 2018
I approve of you and your taste. I also am a massive fan of ML and it's always great to meet a fellow. Makes enjoying your game even better too. : )

Sadly, I also need to say I've encountered that bug with Bessie's mansion route, and am stuck. Speaking of Bessie, when? : P

Violation2020

Jul 24, 2020
Notes:
You should be able to transfer your save straight from Episode 3 Part 1 to Episode 3 Part 2. The saves are located in the www/saves folder. Be warned though, due to the music overhaul, you'll get a 'loading error', you can get rid of this by going to a new location (e.g. menu -> townsfolk), saving then reloading (possibly reloading the game).
Otherwise, the Episode Select function can be used to start playing Episode 3 immediately from the 'new game' option.
tried copying from part 1 to part 2 save files unable to get rid of the error music thing went to different zone tried different options and save / reload / restarted game to no avail :( did quite a bit of save scumming to get good drops as well shame to have to start all over basically.

TwistedScarlett60

Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
The fix it up on my Patreon right now, and for f95zone I'm uploading links to a few websites which'll take a while. (Rather than pester a mod that updated the game literally less than an hour ago, I'll do it myself).

For now, I'm gonna back to bed.

Speaking of Bessie, when? : P
Top secret!

tried copying from part 1 to part 2 save files unable to get rid of the error music thing went to different zone tried different options and save / reload / restarted game to no avail :( did quite a bit of save scumming to get good drops as well shame to have to start all over basically.
It's an RPGmaker quirk. Saving on a script causes the same script to reload, even if it was changed.
To fix it, all you have to do is change zones, drop a new save and reload the game.

Drakan47

Dec 17, 2018
Besides the aforementioned bessie route issue, I also noticed the mc's blessing is named incorrectly (I'm assuming it's an issue with the dynamic name?), on another note, correct me if I'm wrong but the event where you get that blessing also implies getting a blessing from ray, right? (that's not appearing either)

Reactions: TwistedScarlett60
4.50 star(s) 102 Votes