Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
I need a bit more context on this. Is it NewGame+? What were you trying to do? Have you modded the game in any way?

The traceback suggests a problem with a wyvern egg, but I can't see anything wrong with the code.

Also, just applying the patch might not be enough, your saved game might be corrupted already. In general, it's best to start a new game after applying a fix.
i have version 3 .... and added that fix from a couple pages back ... to stop the tracebacks ... it started off good then around those ninja bitches it started tracebacks again ... mods .. what mods ??? only mod i'm running came with this game :mad:

Hermenegild

Sep 18, 2017
i have version 3 .... and added that fix from a couple pages back ... to stop the tracebacks ... it started off good then around those ninja bitches it started tracebacks again ... mods .. what mods ??? only mod i'm running came with this game :mad:
Are all tracebacks similar? You only posted one.

Anyway, save game please, it's the easiest way to look at the state of your game.

initiated

Apr 8, 2018
Can someone help me get version 3? and the latest fixes please? I hoped to wait for it to past the testing phase and into actual release, but with the site gone, im afraid it may no longer be possible for me.

Hermenegild

Sep 18, 2017
i did .. but i'll post them again
This is the same traceback you have posted in message #5138, yet you're talking about "tracebacks" - note the plural. I asked for a different traceback, to check if they all result from the same issue.
And you did not send your saved game.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
This is the same traceback you have posted in message #5138, yet you're talking about "tracebacks" - note the plural. I asked for a different traceback, to check if they all result from the same issue.
And you did not send your saved game.
that has 2 in one .... read it ...... the other one i posted a couple pages ago .. and deleted it

Hermenegild

Sep 18, 2017
No, it only has one. Look at them closely, they're almost identical. One of them skips over RenPy code lines, the other doesn't as it's made at Python level, but they both describe the same crash.

EDIT: Yes, I see the "dusty" traceback you posted in #5127. I assumed it was gone with the latest patch. Is it still happening for you as well? Anyway, it's not something I can help you with, I didn't really study how images work in RenPy, and the crash is related to that.

EDIT 2: The "dusty" crash seems to be fixed in the newest patch, so you should not see it again if you start a new game.

EDIT 3: ...and the wyvern_egg crash also seems to be fixed in the newest patch. In fact, it seems to be fixed in the September 2 patch. Are you sure you downloaded and installed the newest patch, and started a new game with it?

Last edited:

Hermenegild

Sep 18, 2017
and here it happened again just now
Saved game please. But my guess is, you did not start a new game after you applied the patch. Or you don't have the latest patch (which should be v240922, unless I overlooked something).

Note that the patches are not necessarily able to repair an already broken game. All they ensure is, the crash will not happen in a new game.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
Saved game please. But my guess is, you did not start a new game after you applied the patch. Or you don't have the latest patch (which should be v240922, unless I overlooked something).

Note that the patches are not necessarily able to repair an already broken game. All they ensure is, the crash will not happen in a new game.
ok so start a new game .. ok i'll try that (y)

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes