Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

shaikan

Jan 11, 2019
You got the infamous girl pack with wrong BK.ini, so open Kuga Natsuki folder and delete that file (BK.ini)
Thanks a lot!

Btw some of my girls have this blue face emote by their profile images and i thought they might be sick. But i've checked everything and nothing seems wrong with them. What's going on?

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
@shaikan can you attach a screenshot please? The emote interface is new and I don't remember every feature, just to be sure what it is I need to see it.

@Drafox many people tried it and it worked, can you attach that part of code of your BKgirlclass.rpy after you modified it? Maybe it's just a typing mistake.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
That's OhWee's interface mod, best try if you ask him directly, or you can take a look at the icons in the mod's folder and see how that icon is called.

erenyeager

Jan 16, 2019
I got the same error and the game is not launching

I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

File "game/BKgirlclass.rpy", line 2942: indentation mismatch.

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Thu Jan 24 08:16:03 2019

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
You're a wonder! Thanks! View attachment 230857
As @Kite80 said, yep looks like my interface mod. The sleepy girl emoji in the background indicates that they are resting.

Looks like two of your girls have phobias as well (the scared emojis at the left of their thumbnail), which the interface is letting you know about, so that you can choose (or not choose) to spend some time to 'cure' those phobias if you are so inclined.

Resting can be 'forced' in one of two ways. If Autorest is enabled and you are using my gameplay mod, gals will automatically rest if energy drops below the set threshold. You need to activate the autorest for this to happen though. There's a button for that in the upper left corner of the calendar screen when you open the calendar.

Otherwise, if a gal's energy falls to 0, or if they ask you if they can rest, yeah the rest thing can happen automatically. If tired/exhausted, you won't be able to schedule them again until they've recovered all of their energy. Also, if you've just upgraded your brothel, and the job they were doing is no longer available (no strip club, etc.), they will automatically be set to rest, although as I remember their job description will also disappear.

In the screenshot you shared, note that the energy for all three of the gals in question is very low, which makes me think that they may be exhausted.

The experimental mod that Goldo has been sharing for the upcoming version of BK is changing a number of things at this point, so I am no longer supporting either of my mods, as BK is going a different direction coding wise and I have other projects that I am now working on. Some of my interface ideas have been implemented into the experimental mod, others have not. But there are a LOT of moving parts in BK, and it's a pain to implement all of the new features.

My mods are NOT compatible with the experimental mod. At some point I may come back to these mods, but I'm focused on other things. I still think the font choices that Kite80 suggested and that I implemented look better (DejaVuSans has no place in a fantasy/medieval game IMHO), but Goldo likes things the way they are. At least some of the gameplay enhancing features were carried over into the experimental mod, so in that respect it wasn't a complete waste of my time.

Reactions: EvilPenguin

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
An indentation error means some code lines are not positioned in the right way; to make it quick I'm attaching my BKgirlclass.rpy so that you can put it in your game folder and overwrite the one not working. It's been already modified to fix those problems I mentioned above.

Get it only if you're using the latest experimental patch!

Reactions: Drafox

Duke Greene

Feb 6, 2018
Additional info about indentation errors:
- Ren'Py doesn't support tabulation, you need to use spaces to indent. If you're editing files with Notepad++ it tabs new lines by default so you need to make sure to disable this feature in the Preferences menu.
- If two lines of code are supposed to be part of the same block their indentation must be similar, with the exact same number of spaces.

Reactions: Drafox

erenyeager

Jan 16, 2019
An indentation error means some code lines are not positioned in the right way; to make it quick I'm attaching my BKgirlclass.rpy so that you can put it in your game folder and overwrite the one not working. It's been already modified to fix those problems I mentioned above.

Awesome Thanks @Kite80 i applied your given patch and the game is now working fine.... btw i'm using latest experimental patch.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Glad to be helpful ;) this game is awesome and I'm very happy to take care of it here on f95zone. Please don't forget to rate BK, leaving stars is enough if you don't want to write a review, it would help BK to be more famous around the forum, maybe even showing up among the top games.

Drafox

Jul 27, 2017

+++

Additional info about indentation errors:
- Ren'Py doesn't support tabulation, you need to use spaces to indent. If you're editing files with Notepad++ it tabs new lines by default so you need to make sure to disable this feature in the Preferences menu.
- If two lines of code are supposed to be part of the same block their indentation must be similar, with the exact same number of spaces.

Yeah the second comment explains exactly why it didn't work, I used notepad to modify the renpy file that's why things didn't go so well, thank you all for the solution and technical support.

faraza92

Jul 29, 2018
How do I fix this?

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/BKmain.rpy", line 1191, in script call
call slave_interact(girl) from _call_slave_interact
File "game/BKinteractions.rpy", line 473, in script call
call expression custom_label pass (girl=girl) from _call_expression_2
File "game/girls/Boa_Hancock/_events.rpy", line 308, in script
if girl.get_stat["libido"] < 100:
File "game/girls/Boa_Hancock/_events.rpy", line 308, in <module>
TypeError: 'instancemethod' object has no attribute '__getitem__'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/BKmain.rpy", line 1191, in script call
call slave_interact(girl) from _call_slave_interact
File "game/BKinteractions.rpy", line 473, in script call
call expression custom_label pass (girl=girl) from _call_expression_2
File "game/girls/Boa_Hancock/_events.rpy", line 308, in script
File "D:\GAMES\New Folder\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1729, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "D:\GAMES\New Folder\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1943, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "D:\GAMES\New Folder\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1936, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/girls/Boa_Hancock/_events.rpy", line 308, in <module>
TypeError: 'instancemethod' object has no attribute '__getitem__'

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Brothel King 0.14
Thu Jan 24 18:42:40 2019

Gutsandguts

Dec 9, 2017
Didn't know there was a thread for this, awesome.

So I'm sure this has to be a common thing or at least it is for me.
Does anyone find security events and such incredibly disruptive? Especially with a particularly foul Moon on the go.

I've cheated and I saw that having high rank girls causes issues but I'm at the final chapter so does that still happen anyway? Even when I don't cheat though I find that if like 12 girls are working I'll get images for like 4 of those (+ any whores since they never seem to get attacked) and the rest will be attacked or there'll be an arson attempt.
It's extremely annoying, I turned security and customer events off in the settings and it didn't seem to do anything, figured restart the game and do it from main menu, seems those settings reset...but they still never worked after that.

Playing the game properly I literally can't make a profit in the final chapter or those leading up to it because these events happen so often that all hope of income comes from stealing wallets off thugs.

Love the game but I really hope that's balanced better later on, it makes little sense that there's so much trouble in high class areas of town. I think there should just be events that are severe in other ways like nobility coming to demand you sell or rent a girl to them and if you refuse you take a huge hit to reputation. Stuff like that.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
@faraza92: your bug is weird, because in your boa hancock _events.rpy file there's something unusual: the correct line 308 is this

if girl.get_stat("libido") < 100:

while in your file there are square brackets (as seen in your error log).

Try to get my file and see if the error persists. Remember to delete _events.rpyc in boa hancock folder before restarting the game.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Wanna let you know that I'm making a wikia for Brothel King and it will be ready very soon; meanwhile, the biggest job to do is to insert girl packs in the dedicated sections, if someone knows how to handle fandom.wikia pages and wishes to join the team, please hands up :)

Reactions: OhWee

Gutsandguts

Dec 9, 2017
New experimental patch update:
The free girls love bug should be fixed.
As in girls in the city?
There's a specific girl I like in this game who I always make my personal hoe and it's been annoying me she won't relent...but do we have to start new saves for it?

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes