Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

Dizarus

Mar 6, 2018
Well actually i have not tested it myself, but from what i read in some game tip, it will give you a new trait when they are deflowered and the trait depends on how it happen.
To help you out I gave a look up on the game code, seems if you wanna keep the virgin girl you need to avoid sex also they will not be experienced in sex and group (possibly unable to learn it). Couldn't find if quest or monster rapes could deflower her but guess that is a rink you will need to take.

Kaffe

Mar 6, 2018
How rare is the virgin trait anyway? I've played this game quite a bit and only encountered that trait ONCE.

Dizarus

Mar 6, 2018
Quite rare, but there are 24 traits even rarer, virgin is in the 48 common traits, having a change to roll 2 commons traits per girl you make the math of how rare it is.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Virgin is a green trait, so it's easier to find it in girls without the gold trait because you get double chance. How it works: as long as the girl doesn't have sex or group activities she keeps the trait. Virgin is a requirement for using the Virgin Whore perk (but beware: any girl can take it, but only virgins can benefit from it!); a virgin girl with that perk gets the tip bonus for any act as long as she remains virgin. She even gets the bonus while she's deflowered by a client (that event would bring a lot of coins!), but then she would lose the requirements for the perk, also losing the bonus forever.

Dizarus

Mar 6, 2018
Bummer, my girl just got broken because a patron told her a sad story while working and she just went ahead an lost her virginity with him, even though i had no sex action toggle.... :cry: (reloaded the game :whistle:) I am guessing having the preference for sex acts up will make this happen more, having a way to prevent this or a item (chastity belt?) would be nice.

Fewstom_113

Jan 16, 2018
I continuolsy receive these errors when I start the game:

Code:
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

The label boa_hancock_city is defined twice, at
  File "game/_events.rpy", line 12 and
  File "game/girls/Boa_Hancock/_events.rpy", line 10.

The label _call_free_girl_talk_1 is defined twice, at
  File "game/_events.rpy", line 110 and
  File "game/girls/Boa_Hancock/_events.rpy", line 108.

The label boa_hancock_interact is defined twice, at
  File "game/_events.rpy", line 114 and
  File "game/girls/Boa_Hancock/_events.rpy", line 112.

The label boa_hancock_night_check is defined twice, at
  File "game/_events.rpy", line 408 and
  File "game/girls/Boa_Hancock/_events.rpy", line 400.

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Fri Dec 28 19:13:45 2018
How can I solve this problem?

Dizarus

Mar 6, 2018
oh i had that one, let me see if i remember...
Edit1: in Boa Hancock folder there should be 3 files, _bk.ini, _events.rpy and _events.rpyc. In my case i had 2 girl packs with the same files, i mixed them and had trouble with it.
if you have different girlpack try changing them.

Edit2: If you still have trouble after changing (if it was the case) here is the files i am using atm. They should not give you trouble but in the long run i have not had boa in my game so i dont know if its working or not, one thing is for sure i can open the game and i have seen the girl around.
@Fewstom_113

edit3: derp its written in there bug report and i didn't read it :censored:

Duke Greene

Feb 6, 2018
Bummer, my girl just got broken because a patron told her a sad story while working and she just went ahead an lost her virginity with him, even though i had no sex action toggle.... :cry: (reloaded the game :whistle:) I am guessing having the preference for sex acts up will make this happen more, having a way to prevent this or a item (chastity belt?) would be nice.
Every non-sex occupation can lead to sexual acts if the girl feels like it, but only one. Waitresses give service, masseuses have sex , dancers have anal and geishas have fetish sex.

Your girl was certainly a masseuse, that's why.

Edit: worth noting it is possible for customers to force your girls to do something they normally wouldn't (like sex for a waitress) but giving them good weapons and having security take care of that. Also it happens rarely outside of Hollow Moon month.

Reactions: Dizarus

Dizarus

Mar 6, 2018
Every non-sex occupation can lead to sexual acts if the girl feels like it, but only one. Waitresses give service, masseuses have sex , dancers have anal and geishas have fetish sex.

Your girl was certainly a masseuse, that's why.

Edit: worth noting it is possible for customers to force your girls to do something they normally wouldn't (like sex for a waitress) but giving them good weapons and having security take care of that. Also it happens rarely outside of Hollow Moon month.
Oh... OH!!! I have had that event happen a lot but never made the connection, i know the starts are connected to each act but i though this was a random in the act they chose to ask the girl.
Thanks, now i can more efficiently protect her flower.

Still my previous comment stands as if i wanted to have her work as a masseuse for the money or just to increase her beauty for whatever reason i would be a gamble :unsure:

Tidalbore

Dec 31, 2017
Hello everyone, and merry X-mas :)

Can someone please explain why I didn't make any money this day?
the bad events, in this latest build, take the place of the girl working instead of happening afterwards, so even though two girls worked, you had a fire and a beating attempt that overwrote their work and so no money. It's days like this that make me dislike the change.

Devilizer

Dec 23, 2018
the bad events, in this latest build, take the place of the girl working instead of happening afterwards, so even though two girls worked, you had a fire and a beating attempt that overwrote their work and so no money. It's days like this that make me dislike the change.
Thank you :)
This "feature" nearly screwed me over on several occasions, especially during a crazy moon month.

EDIT:
Okay, couple questions I haven't been able to figure answers to.
* Every morning i get a seeminly random "fear increase". No bad events happened previous work day, and my brothel threat is low . Is this just a game mechanic to force me to decrease fear though interactions?

* Hypnotizing girls seem a bit OP. Are there any negative effects to it, assuming I don't fail the skill check?

Duke Greene

Feb 6, 2018
* Every morning i get a seeminly random "fear increase". No bad events happened previous work day, and my brothel threat is low . Is this just a game mechanic to force me to decrease fear though interactions?
Every day love and fear slowly revert back to zero, so it can decrease or increase as necessary. I don't know the intent behind this mechanic, but from my experience it doesn't matter much because when I neglect girls long enough for them to lose a few points it means they work well-enough by themselves (love doesn't impact their work efficiency and fear only does it when it's high).

Dizarus

Mar 6, 2018
Hello everyone, and merry X-mas :)

Can someone please explain why I didn't make any money this day?
Yes i had that happen to me also, in case the security takes care of the problem the event shouldn't be overwritten completely, it just doesn't make sense like that.
Unfortunately in the case you guards beat him up you should get a random amount of gold depending on the violent customer, as is if you get raided or other dangerous customers.
Seems likes its not working.

Also something i need to check further is that 1 monster attack is sometimes enough to stop all girls income.

Tidalbore

Dec 31, 2017
full save pls ? :)
Unfortunately, the way the game works makes that rather difficult, unless you want to use the EXACT girls as the person whose save you use- without that, the game will crash the minute it tries to load art assets for an unavailable girl. This makes save-sharing rather difficult, given the degree of customization allowed in the design

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
A new version of the experimental patch will be released very soon (probably on saturday), there will be major changes on security system and brothel events: this implies that old save files won't be compatible and you will need to start a new game; there are also lots of moving parts, so expect some rough edges. As usual, those of you who want to test it can report bugs and glitches here.
For those still unfamiliar with the experimental patch: this patch is not yet an official one, you don't need it to play Brothel King; on the other hand, many features have been added and many others will show up there, until Goldo will reach the point to release 0.15 game version which will include those features people liked or which improved gameplay. Anyone who wants to test it will be well acquainted when 0.15 will be released.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Here we go:

Goldo made a long try for hours, but still there may be issues, so please report them if you find any.

Also I wish to ask you to rate BK if you liked it and haven't voted it yet, it would be great if BK shows up among the most popular games on this forum :)

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes