Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

Mister XxX

Game Developer
Apr 5, 2018
Playing the .15 version and i have a problem (?) : love is reseting each day to "fond of you (+2)" each day, no matter how hard i am trying to boost it.

Am i missing something (because it happens on enslaved free girl too) ?

Ps: Playing a wizard praying shadows if that matter.

Thunderbolt

May 31, 2017
Well i dont know if its a bug, but currently i have one girl that refuse fetish actions. I train her by lecture and normal training. But she dont like it, her fetish bar is by 100% she like group + lesbian sex, but i couldnt exchange fetish its stand by "Refuses" Will Train 95% Will work 0. Someone got a simular situation?
She had no negative things there i have an heart in that fetish sections too.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Love is capped based on current brothel rank: the first brothel's love limit is 2, it can reach 3 with bonuses like bride perks; the second brothel's cap is 5. Going further in the game chapters unlocks better brothels and love cap raises by consequence.

For a girl refusing certain sex acts the only way is to train her (or lecturing her if she refuses to train) until her preference changes. It is a normal game mechanic and one of the challenges for a trainer. Please note that girls with strict moral are harder to be trained than easy going ones; anyway, it's not impossible to train such stubborn girls and turn them into real sluts ;-)

Mister XxX

Game Developer
Apr 5, 2018
Love is capped based on current brothel rank: the first brothel's love limit is 2, it can reach 3 with bonuses like bride perks; the second brothel's cap is 5. Going further in the game chapters unlocks better brothels and love cap raises by consequence.
I was suspecting something like that. It can be a pain sometimes (girls refuse to work because they don't like you enough) but i will get over.

Thunderbolt

May 31, 2017
I was suspecting something like that. It can be a pain sometimes (girls refuse to work because they don't like you enough) but i will get over.
Well i hold only woman with submissive feelings so i dont have that problems. I also can now say that the "Disciplin" about disobeying now working much better. So its very rare that a girl will refuse to work for me now. And two directly times of scoleing working perfectly that she will not do it again over a very long time.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
To think that I scold girls only for trivial matters, like they worked badly or similar. When a girl of my harem refuses to work, it's direct rape time, first time service, second anal. Haven't experienced a third time yet. Love and fear get a bad hit, it's true, but it's nothing I can restore in a few days of compliments.

daddyoo

Mar 18, 2019
I am wondering if whore customer capacity is bugged. I have a girl with the golden trait lust, which adds +1 whore customer capacity, but she only serves 2 customers. My other girls without the trait also serve 2 customers each, even if they were new from the market.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Try to check how many clients were satisfied by your whores: if the total is lesser than the max number of clients your girls could have served, it means that there weren't enough clients; meanwhile I gonna check personally if the trait works fine. Another way to be sure it works is that you can have only that girl whoring and no one else working/whoring with her, and see how many clients she satisfies. Let me know if you try this and verify that eventually there's such bug.

daddyoo

Mar 18, 2019
I have checked again, it still does not add the whore customer capacity. I have another girl with the zodiac perk that adds +2 job customer capacity and that works on waitress job.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
I've tried Lust perk with a single girl and in fact she still serves only 2 customers; I'll report this bug and try to fix it by myself, if I succeed will post the bugfix asap.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Found the bug, there were some missplaced brackets in BKgirlclass.rpy, line 1347. The resulting formula didn't take count of extra clients from traits (and probably neither zodiac perks); here's the correct code line:

Code:
            self.interactions = whore_base_customer + round_int((self.get_stat("libido") + self.get_stat("constitution")) / float(whore_customer_points)) + self.get_effect("change", "whore customer capacity") ## bugfix
I also attach the fixed rpy file if you just want to update it.

Tidalbore

Dec 31, 2017
this game is effectively dead right ? shame it have a great potential.
What? not sure where you got the idea this was dead from, development is still very much ongoing. Hell, the test release of .15 was only just released a few days ago, maybe a week at best.

Reactions: Reij

czertik

Apr 25, 2018
What? not sure where you got the idea this was dead from, development is still very much ongoing. Hell, the test release of .15 was only just released a few days ago, maybe a week at best.
well, what i sow here on forum is 0.14 which is 8 month old now.

Tidalbore

Dec 31, 2017
well, what i sow here on forum is 0.14 which is 8 month old now.
the front page generally only changes for the "official" releases, there have been several experimental patches for .14 since that release, and the first test build of .15 released recently, as I said. The thing to remember is that the main forum for the game isn't actually here, but over on the HHS boards- clicking on Goldo's name in the first post actually takes you over for that thread. Kite80 keeps us fairly up to date in terms of dates, patches, etc., but they're always going to drop on HHS first. The only thing we really have going for us over here is the girl pack thread, as Kite generally posts any releases from HHS here but some of the releases here don't manage to migrate over (I certainly haven't managed to post any of mine off-site yet). At any rate, you can find the link to the test build of .15 a couple pages back on page 56, Rangaru managed to preempt Kite and post it, want to say its post #1113

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
You can also find the link of current experimental patch on the second thread about mods and girl packs (here), so that even when this thread is currently linking for the official release, you can also choose to get the testing patch: this will be done in the future if Goldo keeps making test releases before the official ones, as it's likely to be like that since it's happening for the second time. I also want to mention that on HHS forum there's a large discussion on Trait King Mod which is currently developing, Goldo showed some interest in it, maybe some features could be integrated with the core game in future, who knows. For those of you interested, here's the thread link:

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
I've tried strive for power long time ago, can't remember exactly how it was and don't know how it's changed nowadays; a few things I remember: it wasn't bad and had a good art, much more focused on management than BK, the exploration feature is risky if player takes it too easy. Imho Brothel King offers a good challenge for management without too many details to take account, a lot of events during city exploration, many side quests which involve NPCs, so it's generally less static than SfP.

Is Free Cities this one: https://f95zone.to/threads/free-cities-v0-10-7-1-free-cities.737/ ? I didn't know it at all, but I see it's abandoned. Can't compare this with BK.

Lilith's Throne is a text based rpg, don't know if tere are any H pics at all there, anyway its genre is different from BK.

Brothel King is a management game with rpg and visual novel features, its greatest feature is everyone can make a girl pack and include it in the game without worries of compatibility with older saves or versions; brothel and slave managements don't require a graduation in Economics; city exploration allows to meet a lot of NPCs, many of them having their personal side quests and events; there's a main storyline (actually at fisrt chapter) that the protagonist will follow, making choices which will change the outcomes of many things and the relationships between MC and NPCs.
Shortly, BK is a dynamic game with easy game mechanics and personal choices, so every player can choose their own game style without being forced to learn complicated things in order to succeed. As long as you don't go bankrupt, you can play any way you like.

Reactions: juanito

Tramdor

Jul 20, 2018
I'm getting an error anytime i try to check my girls items, it started happening after i put in the patch to fix the girls not getting benifits from perks for more customers. I attached the traceback as well

Gamepapa

Jan 7, 2018
How is this game compared to Strive for Power(loved it), Freecities pregmod(loved it), and Lilith's Throne?
Management isn't as tedious as FC. And you have a good bit of freedom. The story is kinda scarce but even so it may take you a good bit to find all the pics in game for each girl. But as Kite said above me you can play how you want so long as you don't go broke

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes