Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Hi guys, here's the news for 0.15 release:

tomorrow the final 0.15 beta will be ready to get one last round of tests; a few days to verify and fix the bugs that could come up from the recent addons and Goldo will release the official version, possibly before next weekend. Even earlier, if everything go smooth!

Reactions: Reij and Ramirez™

Ramirez™

Aug 29, 2016
Hi guys, here's the news for 0.15 release:

tomorrow the final 0.15 beta will be ready to get one last round of tests; a few days to verify and fix the bugs that could come up from the recent addons and Goldo will release the official version, possibly before next weekend. Even earlier, if everything go smooth!
Nice. I was thinking about starting a new game but now I will wait.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
0.15 test version:

Beware: this is not the official release yet, some bugs may still be present and things could be changed after bugfixes; if you want to test it anyway, please start with a new game.

Reactions: Reij and shadow_32_

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just jumping in here to note that my mods are still abandoned, and won't be updated to 0.15. I'm too busy with other stuff at the moment, and BK is a pain code wise. A number of the changes I was attempting were rather extensive on the coding end...

Some of the stuff I did was supposedly incorporated into the interface, but I haven't played the game with the more recent experimental patches, so I have no idea what the game looks like now.

Good to see that .15 finally in a beta release! Looking forward to screenshots from .15 if anyone wants to share those!

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Here some screenshots including recent graphical changes and some new features from 0.14 and 0.15:

Screenshot (40).png "screen made by OhWee"

Screenshot (41).png girl list visualization x4: see the icons representing various informations about the girls

Screenshot (42).png girl list visualizaztion x12: more columns, smaller portraits

Screenshot (43).png the weapon shop in the Plaza...

Screenshot (44).png ...and the toys bazar

Reactions: OhWee

juanito

Jun 19, 2017
Here some screenshots including recent graphical changes and some new features from 0.14 and 0.15:

View attachment 306427 "screen made by OhWee"

View attachment 306428 girl list visualization x4: see the icons representing various informations about the girls

View attachment 306429 girl list visualizaztion x12: more columns, smaller portraits

View attachment 306430 the weapon shop in the Plaza...

View attachment 306431 ...and the toys bazar
there was a different background picture for the bazaar before right?
I haven't played in a while but i have a feeling I used to like it

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
For the record, when I proposed the new load/save screen, I used this background:

loadsavebg.png

Which would end up looking something like this, except with that boring and out of place DejaVu Sans font:

LoadScreenNew.jpg

The background used in the screenshot above and linked below looks much too dark to me, which ends up 'blending' with the save images a bit too much.
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2019/05/320158_Screenshot_40.png

I did ask to just get credited in the game credits as a small contributor when Goldo asked me if he could incorporate some of my ideas. I included "Interface Mod V3" on the save page for the modded version of 0.14 mainly to provide info about the mod version people may be using, so that they could track down the source of the mod. It looks out of place otherwise with the "Screen made by OhWee" thing. I'd suggest taking that off, and just including that info elswhere, say if there was a game credits page somewhere. Adding a Credits page button to the menu that provides development info and other link info might be a good way to add credits for all of the various contributors for BK.

The Credits page could also be used to provide links to where a list of girl packs, etc. might be found for BK. I.E. Kite80's relevant thread here on F95Zone and the HHS forum section that's relevant.

Said Credits menu button could replace the Help button, with the HHS main forum link for the game included at the top of the Credits page. I.E. Replace "Help" with "Credits", or "About" or "Game Info" or something, and not have the button link directly to the internet, but to an interim screen in BK with the relevant links on that interim screen.

Just wanted to point that out. As for everything else, it looks like some of the other proposals I suggested made it into 0.15, with modifications. Go Team BK or something...

BTW: My HHS forum login info went missing when my uber laptop died. I haven't bothered to try to assign a new password via 'lost password' since then.

The 4 tile vs 12 tile button that someone (Goldo?) came up with on the girl page is an interesting addition. I proposed the 12 tile layout via my mods, but I'm sure a few people prefer the 4 tile layout.

Last edited:
Reactions: juanito

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
@OhWee if you wish I can show your post to Goldo, so that he can do what you ask for, although I think you can ask him directly (he will listen to you for sure).

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
@OhWee if you wish I can show your post to Goldo, so that he can do what you ask for, although I think you can ask him directly (he will listen to you for sure).
Feel free to pass it along. It's not that big of a deal to me at the moment, just stuff that is nagging at me.

I really do think others should get a mention in game credits somewhere. There are other contributors that have done a lot more for the game than I have. Particularly yourself, but there are others that are equally deserving. I'm sure you know who they are.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
0.15 test version update

For everyone: I've made a small update of the jobgirl events included in 0.15 test version, please download it and copy/paste it into BK folder, then overwrite all the files.

Reactions: Daba

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
The update above has been added to the current 0.15, so if you're getting it from now on, no need to download my patch too. Also 0.15 will be officially released tomorrow since no bugs have been found and the tests are still running smoothly.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017

« on: May 15, 2017, 10:42:29 am »

BROTHEL KING, a sim brothel clone - Download and information

BK v0.15: Hot Spring Update

After much working and testing, v0.15 is out!

This concludes a string of gameplay-focused updates. From now on, I intend to avoid feature-creep and focus on the story, although you can expect some rework and polishing along the way. Next up: 0.2!

So what's new in 0.15?
  • UI changes: Lots of them. Thanks to OhWee and others who pitched in for the inspiration.
  • Updated perk trees: Balanced the perk trees thanks to sincity3000's suggestions.
  • Autorest: Added furniture that allows the autorest feature to be set-up.
  • Autotrain: You can now buy and improve the Master bedroom and autotrain your girls every night.
  • Security overhaul: The security system has been completely redone from the grounds up.
  • New events/New characters: More content, yay! You can also enjoy the beginning of a series of events with the Job Girl, courtesy of kite80.
  • New shops: There are now specialized shops scattered around the city. Finding the perfect dress for your favorite whore has never been easier!
  • And... stuff: Many other changes, big and small
Many people helped with the testing on the experimental thread for 0.15. Thank you all so much.
A word of warning for people coming from older versions: You will need to start a new game.
Please do not report any bug that arises from trying to use an older save with 0.15: you would likely be wasting everyone's time.

Download
v0.15
Game:
Latest patch: None yet

To make the game work, you will need at least one girl pack. A basic girl pack is available below. User made girl packs can be found in the dedicated thread (please share your own!).

Basic girl pack:
Still in the process of updating this specifically for 0.15, but it works (only Boa Hancock is taking advantage of the new customization system for now)

Installing the latest patch is highly recommended (as in: 'the game may crash on you if you don't'). As the game is going to be in Alpha for a while, I will mostly upload small patches rather than update the main zip file. This way you won't have to re-download a large file every time I change something.

Feel free to mirror those file anywhere; let me know, and I will add the link to this post. A word of warning if you want to share those files elsewhere. Not linking back to this forum is not only disrespectful, it will cause trouble for people trying to find patches or report bugs. Always include a link to this forum if you want to spread the word.

Instructions
Unzip the main files anywhere on your computer. Unzip the patch in the 'game' subfolder and overwrite existing files. Extract the basic girl pack into the 'game' subfolder (see below for information on picture names and tags).

GOLDO

Nelythia

Donor
Oct 11, 2018
Plenty of the unexpected renpy code issues.

Am I the only one?
Playing on v15 (I know its in testing phase or something) with basic girl pack + the trainer mod.
Just curious if only I get those errors during scenes.

Edit: On a new save btw.

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes