Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

TheKingCobra

Donor
Dec 6, 2016
so is this one like pytfall?
Kind of, yeah. Haven't really played around in Pytfall 0.7+ but, I can tell you from playing 0.45 and most versions of Brothel King, if you like one, odds are, you'll like the other.

Very similar but with different worlds and different ways to progress through the game.

Reactions: blulaz

Sangoku25

Jul 3, 2017
1- Extract to desired location. Unzip the patch in the 'game' folder and overwrite existing files. Extract the basic girl pack into the 'game' folder

This info is wrong !!!
her the relly info.

The unzip comming in the girls folder.

byran47

Jun 8, 2017
Wow this game is probably the best of its kind already. Seriously.
Small complaint though, how come doing group actions automatically invites Sill and not some dude when the pictures for group are almost all gangbangs? Shouldn't Sill only come into play on bisexual or lesbian actions? Though you do end up inviting some random security guard of yours to join in sometimes so its kind of confusing.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
If you guys find any bugs please report them here, possibly with a copy/paste of error changelog, I'll try to help you.

Brothel King is inspired by games like Slave Maker, so it's normal it can be similar to other games like pytfall; by the way, the management in BK is somewhat simpler than other games.

Pregnancy topic was discussed before, and yes, it may be included in the future; consider that it would require strong code modifications though, Goldo (the dev) has the last word about it, I guess it's more about if it can be done.

About Goldo and development, I wish to remind that he's the only guy at work on the game, not including a few people like me who recently gave a hand in small parts like the jobgirl events or the UI changes, that's why the time between 2 updates is so long; for the next release expect a major update for main storyline (probably the entire chapter 2) and maybe a few more side events for NPCs. Don't know when it will be released.

The correct way to install the game is:
- get the main game (0.15)
- any patch must be put into [.../game] folder
- girl packs must be put into [.../game/girls] folder

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
I'm quite sure that when you train a girl in group sex, Sill is called not only for participation, but also for calling more guys to join in. Haven't checked all the text though, I'll take a better look next time.

Reactions: EvilPenguin

TheKingCobra

Donor
Dec 6, 2016
Pregnancy topic was discussed before, and yes, it may be included in the future; consider that it would require strong code modifications though, Goldo (the dev) has the last word about it, I guess it's more about if it can be done.
Hi, I haven't looked into the modding system and code (still a novice python coder) but do you think it would be possible to mod pregnancy into the game? Obviously a lot of work and all, I'm asking more of the hypothetical scenario if it's at all possible, rather than is it feasible.

Sep 4, 2017
I keep getting this error when I want to launch game:

"I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While parsing C:\Users\User\Downloads\Brothel_King-pc/game/Mods/King's Way/kings_way.rpy.
ScriptError: Name (u'C:\\Users\\U\UserName\\Downloads\\Brothel_King-pc/game/options.rpy', 1558693996, 33040) is defined twice, at game/options.rpy:10 and game/options.rpy:263."

Is there a way to fix it?

TheKingCobra

Donor
Dec 6, 2016
I keep getting this error when I want to launch game:

"I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While parsing C:\Users\User\Downloads\Brothel_King-pc/game/Mods/King's Way/kings_way.rpy.
ScriptError: Name (u'C:\\Users\\U\UserName\\Downloads\\Brothel_King-pc/game/options.rpy', 1558693996, 33040) is defined twice, at game/options.rpy:10 and game/options.rpy:263."

Is there a way to fix it?
There is. The fact that it says that it's defined twice leads me to believe that it's improperly installed. The King's Way mod is supposed to be in its own folder, in the Mods folder.

For example:

X:\Brothel_King_015\Brothel_King-pc\game\Mods\King's Way

Reactions: lordtauren
Sep 4, 2017
There is. The fact that it says that it's defined twice leads me to believe that it's improperly installed. The King's Way mod is supposed to be in its own folder, in the Mods folder.

For example:

X:\Brothel_King_015\Brothel_King-pc\game\Mods\King's Way
I put it in Mods folder. I tried to delete the King's Way mod and start the game without it, but it didn't help. Now it says the same thing but without that "While parsing C:\Users\User\Downloads\Brothel_King-pc/game/Mods/King's Way/kings_way.rpy.". The rest is same.
I actually had this error when I first tried to launch the game, before installing the King's Way mod, but then the game started and everything worked, so I made a save, turned off the game, downloaded the King's Way mod and put it in the Mods folder.

TheKingCobra

Donor
Dec 6, 2016
I put it in Mods folder. I tried to delete the King's Way mod and start the game without it, but it didn't help. Now it says the same thing but without that "While parsing C:\Users\User\Downloads\Brothel_King-pc/game/Mods/King's Way/kings_way.rpy.". The rest is same.
I actually had this error when I first tried to launch the game, before installing the King's Way mod, but then the game started and everything worked, so I made a save, turned off the game, downloaded the King's Way mod and put it in the Mods folder.
Can you upload the full traceback?

@TheMadRobot365 You should also delete all .rpyc files and see if that helps.
If that fails, the easiest way to resolve it would be to download/unzip the game again, start it once, close it, install King's Way, and then you should be able to play the game.

Last edited:

Fundrich

May 26, 2018
Hey, I have a nice save going on with 0.14 and i just wanted to see the visual changes between 0.14 & 0.15, could someone send a screenshot w the new UI ? Just to see if it's worth starting a new save all over again (already had to reset 2 months ago to install the UI mod)

TY&HF

TheKingCobra

Donor
Dec 6, 2016
Hey, I have a nice save going on with 0.14 and i just wanted to see the visual changes between 0.14 & 0.15, could someone send a screenshot w the new UI ? Just to see if it's worth starting a new save all over again (already had to reset 2 months ago to install the UI mod)

TY&HF
I mean there's a lot more improvements than just the UI :p Couldn't you just make a copy of the save folder and download and see if you like the changes and want to start over?

If not, I think that the UI improvements are based on the mod that you installed two months ago, so it shouldn't be that much different.

Reactions: Fundrich
4.60 star(s) 44 Votes