Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

Tidalbore

Dec 31, 2017
Hi, um a quick question. Where should I put the trainer 5.1.rpy file?
inside the "game" folder, once it's in there, pressing "?" (i.e., shift+/) in-game opens the menu and "!" enables unlimited training (okay, it's really like 1000 training attempts per girl, but realistically you aren't going to be using that many, so it might as well be unlimited)

DrewHunter

Nov 6, 2019
inside the "game" folder, once it's in there, pressing "?" (i.e., shift+/) in-game opens the menu and "!" enables unlimited training (okay, it's really like 1000 training attempts per girl, but realistically you aren't going to be using that many, so it might as well be unlimited)
Thnx

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
okay, it's really like 1000 training attempts per girl, but realistically you aren't going to be using that many, so it might as well be unlimited
Now that you mention it, I could make that better and obtain a true unlimited number of training sessions, next time I update the trainer

minkosu

Jul 26, 2019
Hello, I downloaded the new 0.15b patch along with the patch files just in case. When I start a new game and go into the slave market, I'm getting this error. Please help!

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/BKmain.rpy", line 31, in script
slavegirl1 "Fresh girls are available today, Master."
AttributeError: 'unicode' object has no attribute 'block'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/BKmain.rpy", line 31, in script
slavegirl1 "Fresh girls are available today, Master."
File "C:\Users\minko_000\Desktop\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2159, in execute
next_node(self.lookup())
File "C:\Users\minko_000\Desktop\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2144, in lookup
return renpy.game.script.translator.lookup_translate(self.identifier, getattr(self, "alternate", None))
File "C:\Users\minko_000\Desktop\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\translation\__init__.py", line 190, in lookup_translate
return tl.block[0]
AttributeError: 'unicode' object has no attribute 'block'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Brothel King 0.15b
Wed Nov 13 00:50:48 2019

minkosu

Jul 26, 2019
Did you set a non-english language with renpy translator?
i dont know how to set it up. i did have a korean version of it and maybe thats interfering with something? but i deleted the game folder and im launching a totally new version.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Your issue depends on translation; there's no other language version than English, so any other language is automatically translated by renpy engine, which causes issues when tries to translate parts of code which shouldn't be translated. Try to see if you can set English in the main menu (maybe in options?), otherwise you need to disable ren'py translator (see here: for more details).

minkosu

Jul 26, 2019
Your issue depends on translation; there's no other language version than English, so any other language is automatically translated by renpy engine, which causes issues when tries to translate parts of code which shouldn't be translated. Try to see if you can set English in the main menu (maybe in options?), otherwise you need to disable ren'py translator (see here: for more details).
Thank god I have some coding knowledge to make sense of what to test in console LMAO. For people that might have this problem too, I went into console and typed renpy.change_language(None) and it worked
Thanks for the help!

Reactions: DavidKimg

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
You're welcome ;-) and thank you for having shared the solution, it's not the first time translation causes issues to players and I suspect it won't be last...

ImmaIvanom

Sep 27, 2019
Gotta say, this game is real good, and tha story content is awesome. I do get errors time to time, but nothin' gamebreaking, 'cept for one. Just a reload or rollback would suffice.

E.g. in my first play, whenever tha threat to brothel decreases, I get an error. This happened ever since I got promoted to King's Palace...... but didn't happen in my current play yet, and a rollback or reload would get it back to normal... and sometimes scrolling on tha girl's trait would give an error, but reloading or rolling back removes tha error completely.

The gamebreaking one occurred at 2nd play... whenever I visited any shop, the error comes out, but I think that's coz I didn't relocate as soon as I had the license to warehouse/docks, and this never happened again when I got a new game running, so it was a one-off and all..

Some errors seem kinda fixed though, and not random at all, like the scarlet-in-the-beach event, or whenever you try to do a sex act on one of the free girls roaming in the city, and ignoring the latter would substitute the girl's pic to one of your own girls... but aside all that, the game's legit good.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Goldo is currently focusing on 0.2 version development, which will include 2nd chapter main story and a few NPC side quests, minor bugs will be fixed with that version or right after its release.

minkosu

Jul 26, 2019
Quick question! If I add new girls to the girls folder, do I have to start a new game to see them? or do they automatically get added to the pool of girls when I load my old save?

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
They are automatically added; maybe they will take a while to appear in game, you still have to wait for market and free girls cycling

liveshawn

Oct 1, 2017
I keep seeing this error. I have tried version 15 and 15b. I also tried with the patch, but I keep getting an exception when I tried to load my savefile. Please help

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
ImmaIvanom: Your comments are borderline counterproductive, since without error logs or at least a detailed description of these issues (when, how to reproduce, a save etc) there's little Goldo or anyone else can do. Well, they can spend untold hours chasing after these bugs, only to find out in the end that everything works fine and you fucked up your installation via translations, bad installation procedure, wrongly applied updates, using legacy saves or other such shenanigans. Nobody is paid here to do that kind of useless drudgery.

liveshawn: Something is wrong with your install and/or save, since all girls should automatically have the 'resting' attribute since August at least. I suspect you're trying to use a save from 0.14. Don't. While it's possible to manually update the save on a case-by-case basis, it'll cause headaches for everyone involved.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Please take this as the golden rule: don't try to load a save from an older version. Bad idea.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Mediafire links available here:

(0.15b)
(for 0.15b)

ImmaIvanom

Sep 27, 2019
ImmaIvanom: Your comments are borderline counterproductive, since without error logs or at least a detailed description of these issues (when, how to reproduce, a save etc) there's little Goldo or anyone else can do. Well, they can spend untold hours chasing after these bugs, only to find out in the end that everything works fine and you fucked up your installation via translations, bad installation procedure, wrongly applied updates, using legacy saves or other such shenanigans. Nobody is paid here to do that kind of useless drudgery.
Calm down. :rolleyes:

I'm not asking anyone to fix it, I'm just pointing out a few bugs I've had in my experience... I did say I had no problem with them, and I also said it could've been how I played it. But the Scarlet-in-beach one was probably a WIP in this stage, that's just an honest guess based on what occurred.

I only installed the latest one; never applied updates, nor anything else... And I'm only just reporting a few bugs which I believe could help the creator. Jeez, read my post again. *sigh*

EDIT
:
Regarding error logs, I'll try to post them whenever I have the time.

Reactions: soulo
4.60 star(s) 44 Votes