Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

Lamoli

Sep 20, 2017
Its more or less finished.. there is only a problem where i cannot exclude negative fixations on the training allowing you to get rid of those 2 times faster (vanilla "remove negative fixation" + visit her room then "make her like.." a fix in act category) on positive outcomes it also generate girl interactions results for that act

i should only allow a total max nbr of fetishes else everything could be one lol (ex: max total = 6 (8 pos - 2 neg) letting you add pos if you have negatives)

i need to check the original code to see if there is a efficient way to add those negative (like with training abuses) and if not there create a method

Last edited:

Lamoli

Sep 20, 2017
ok no limit over fixation limits for now but should work fine as test.

girl-folder.rar
--------------
unpack it and place it in your girl folder ( mix both codes if you already have both files)
You need to find and replace in this example "asukakou" with the short name of your girl in both files
make sure you have the "night_label" and "interact_prompt" set properly like in this example if you use your _BK.ini

interactions(CUSTOM).rpy
-----------------------------
place it in the game folder

for char to have the "visit her room" in MISC interaction she must have the files before she was generated in game the first time else take notes of what she has now.. sell her then rebuy on next reroll then re apply stats/traits/love/fear
if she had the _BK.ini using _event.rpy then you just need to alter the event as its only the _BK.ini that causes troubles if its not there
and worst if all in it isnt set properly you have to reroll every time there is a change inside it.

if there is a way to update things inside the BK with console i would like to know how.

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I think it would be more... sane :eek:... to modify interact_dict and add a new subcategory to "SPECIAL TRAINING", but that would require Goldo to put in hooks for your mod in several places. Can happen, e.g. Chris's job mod is fully integrated.

Why you need a custom custom menu is beyond me. :unsure:

Your _BK.ini only works for original girls.

For modifying custom interactions in an ongoing game, see my post from yesterday.

To disallow repeat trainings, you can add to and check e.g. girl.MC_interact_counters["train"].

i need to check the original code to see if there is a efficient way to add those negative (like with training abuses) and if not there create a method
What you mean by that, I'm not really sure. Letting failure generate negative fixations? You almost have that implemented.

Edit: Why do you have these girl.personality_unlock checks? They are never set for fixations that aren't already in her positive/negative list. These appear to render your mod useless.

And you also have an undefined 'prompt' at line 194, crashing the whole thing. How you managed to test any of this is beyond me. :rolleyes:

Edit2: You're using numbers over 4 to represent new training stages, but the text only covers the original numbers, success and failure. So, most of the time there's no textual feedback besides her saying "Oh...".

Last edited:

Lamoli

Sep 20, 2017
_BK way was nice to keep things separated.. and other than originals i didnt want to really customize the fake ones

Unlock checks is for you to first discover if she has a fetish(neg/pos) or none and if none then you can train it
(discover part is important so you know how much of them she has then know what to add as neg(or turn as neg)
for the max nbr = x (pos-neg) to be in the non existing fix nbr limit but planned)

Undefined prompt do not cause crash.. ( checking code is fine but commenting and not actually using it isnt )

And yes since it was just before posting those files i forgot to adapt those numbers for the text lvls

this is not a cheat mod but trying to add extra content staying as close as original creator would have
If you just want to add a fixation and do not want to use interactions with fail chance you can use the console to add them
also as it uses default train refusal checks on normal training you should use magical one instead if she doesnt want to train it
ill probably add a make her dislike a fixation (neut => neg or pos => neg) later on with custom dicts for the texts (used defaultd here but could have made a custom one like the custom defs)
also adding a automated version where you set the action to train then it will trigger all on its own (if norm train fail then magic will be used) and if both fail then its over for that day. then every night it will repeat until fixation is added or removed.
(i started with magical method only and for any fixations but altered it later on)

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
_BK way was nice to keep things separated..
Your choice. It's clunkier, but more modular, unlike a 'regular' mod (of which there are perhaps two in existence, if that).

and other than originals i didnt want to really customize the fake ones
But please state upfront that this only works for originals, or you'll be getting bogus 'mod doesn't work' reports.

Unlock checks is for you to first discover if she has a fetish(neg/pos) or none and if none then you can train it
(discover part is important so you know how much of them she has then know what to add as neg(or turn as neg)
for the max nbr = x (pos-neg) to be in the non existing fix nbr limit but planned)
Uh, but when do I unlock the non-negative, non-positive fixations? There seems to be no code for that, or am I blind?

Undefined prompt do not cause crash.. ( checking code is fine but commenting and not actually using it isnt )
Do you think I was born yesterday? If I say you get a crash, it's because I got a crash. And verified its cause by killing it via actually defining a message to be prompted in the first place. IDK, maybe your mod extends to other files and there's no crashing on your end, but there was on mine.

And before you ask, I tested on an updated, but otherwise unaltered v0.15b install.

this is not a cheat mod but trying to add extra content staying as close as original creator would have
Goldo has specifically rejected making this change. I care little either way, but if I ever feel the need for it, I'll probably write my own and use yours as a template, mostly to steal any flavour text you come up with. :sneaky:

also adding a automated version where you set the action to train then it will trigger all on its own
Now that (expecially extending it to make girls repeat/automate all training, both in and out of the master bedroom) would be a QoL feature I could really get behind. And a number of other players would as well, I suspect. But that'd take quite a bit of effort.

Last edited:

Lamoli

Sep 20, 2017
My first list is generated to display only the categories that have a non neg/pos fixation so its sorted there in a way else you cannot go further then in this category it only list the fixations you have unlocked of that category.
(the code remove those for you buy you as a player you do not know them and game mechanics will discover if they are pos/neg or do nothing if neutral and if neutral they will appear in the list.. but you could remove the unlock checks if you want but i like it this way for now)

i know there is a way to hijack labels iv seen this in another renpy game but i doubt its possible here.. so maybe ill check how the night training is done then maybe i could customize the menu there to let you change the fixations of everyone you want and not having to rely on the _BK.ini

ill keep the prompt but as a empty for now as it might still be useful to customize the text shown with the longlistcustom

Last edited:

Lamoli

Sep 20, 2017
managed to hijack the original label call and replaced it with mine :D
so now then the night training interface appears it uses my code so i can call my fix training from there
and this also mean there is no more need to use _BK.ini to trigger the events

iv looked into it and its easy to set a everyday event like in this case at night she will perform the auto fix adding every night
if it is activated and until fix is no longer neutral

same will apply when you abuse her every night with a fix so she would hate it in the end (to add a neg fix)

Lamoli

Sep 20, 2017
Here it is but still missing the add neg and pos/neg compare to set the default max fix

put files into the game folder then add someone to your bedroom then you will have new interactions in the night menu

Jman9 let me know if you have crashes

Tidalbore

Dec 31, 2017
a way to uncensore this game ?
Not really, because the images weren't made specifically for the game- pack creators search online databases to find the images they use, and there isn't always an uncensored version of every image. Unfortunately, even if someone were to bankroll Goldo hiring an artist for all the story images in the game, the nature of the girlpacks and how they work makes it unlikely to ever fully remove censored images.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Lamoli: I didn't really test your minimod, but I looked at your code for a bit. It seems that you overwrite the remove_neg_fix() label in BKinteractions.rpy, so any updates to that will still break your mod to some degree. The whole implementation is kinda messy, too, and doesn't really connect to the rest of the game. So I took the idea and reimplemented it in my own mod, Bonanza. If I get another week or so of work into it, I think I'll release it over at the HHS and you can take a look.

Anteigru

Feb 10, 2020
After I found some random items while exploring an area, I was no longer able to access any screen that displays my character's inventory. I caught on too late and don't have a save file to fix it. Is there a way I can clear my inventory, or increase its capacity or simply remove the last items, so I can play the game?

File "game/BKscreens.rpy", line 4379, in execute
screen item_tab(left, right, context):
File "game/BKscreens.rpy", line 4379, in execute
screen item_tab(left, right, context):
File "game/BKscreens.rpy", line 4408, in execute
if left != None:
File "game/BKscreens.rpy", line 4409, in execute
vbox:
File "game/BKscreens.rpy", line 4414, in execute
hbox xfill False yfill False spacing 6:
File "game/BKscreens.rpy", line 4416, in execute
frame:
File "game/BKscreens.rpy", line 4437, in execute
viewport:
File "game/BKscreens.rpy", line 4444, in execute
vbox:
File "game/BKscreens.rpy", line 4458, in execute
for it in left.items:
File "game/BKscreens.rpy", line 4460, in execute
if not MC.active_inv_filter or it.filter == MC.active_inv_filter:
File "game/BKscreens.rpy", line 4462, in execute
$ ttip = it.description
File "game/BKscreens.rpy", line 4462, in <module>
$ ttip = it.description
AttributeError: 'bool' object has no attribute 'description'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Brothel King 0.15b
Mon Feb 10 10:54:47 2020

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
There's a cheat menu entry that will wipe out your entire inventory. (It does not effect items already equipped to the MC or girls.)

? -> Cheat Menu -> Items -> Clear Items

Evergrey

Aug 7, 2016
There's a cheat menu entry that will wipe out your entire inventory. (It does not effect items already equipped to the MC or girls.)

actually clear items removes the items equipped by the MC which causes a crash so be careful

Anteigru

Feb 10, 2020

You... you loveable bastard <3. Thank you very much! FUNCTIONALITY!!

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Anteigru: Can you recall anything else right before the inventory issue started? You do have a 'False' item in your stash, but I'm not really seeing anywhere in the city encounter script that could cause it. Pretty much the only thing that looks like it is a negative "city rewards" modifier, which should never happen.

Anteigru

Feb 10, 2020
Anteigru: Can you recall anything else right before the inventory issue started? You do have a 'False' item in your stash, but I'm not really seeing anywhere in the city encounter script that could cause it. Pretty much the only thing that looks like it is a negative "city rewards" modifier, which should never happen.
I was searching the area in either the second or third area (First Licence areas) and while i had skip mode on, it really quickly resolved a scenario and rewarded me with an item that was too quick to read.

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes