Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Do you recall which event it was: cellar (tied up girl or no girl), catgirl, gypsy, adventuring party? You had to roll some sort of challenge to get to the rewards.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Are the stats for the girls reset/regenerated when you first hire a girl and/or when you fire and then rehire her? Are there any upgrades or whatever that make the rare traits more likely? I've never really bothered selling and rehiring girls in my playthroughs so far, I typically hire the ones I like the look of that have the least annoying traits and just keep them but I get the feeling if I was willing to fire/rehire often maybe I could eventually end up with girls with better traits.

Edit: Also regarding the different sex "training" options. If there's not already a way to do it, it would be nice if there was some method to give a girl that has no likes or dislikes within a category to get at least 1 so that you can do advanced training. Maybe an option at the farm or something?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Most unowned girls in the game are not persistent. Pretty much the only ones are free girls pre-culling, those in the slave market for a week, and runaways. None of those really support long-term firing and re-hiring. Once they're removed, any new copies (even if they're otherwise unique) reroll all their stats.

That being said, firing and rehiring does give you access to better girls, since some of them have far better trait/stat combos than others. As time goes on, you can afford to splurge on luxury slaves that were previously out of your reach or just weren't generated in sufficient numbers yet.

The only trait-related upgrade is probably the headhunter, who's slated to appear once her chapter is finished (and no, it's not chapter 2 :( ). Or you can try my mod, Bonanza, which has a fully functional prototype.

Bonanza v0.4 will give you a limited ability to train positive fixations. Lamoli made a minimod a little while ago that does similar things. Neither uses the farm, though. I have doubts whether Goldo wants to have this feature, because it's a step towards homogeneising all your girls.

Last edited:
Reactions: khumak

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
One more thing: if you sell a girl she will keep all her stats and traits in case you want to rebuy her, as long as she stay in the slave market. Once she goes away because of market refresh, she's gone forever.

Reactions: Harem_Master

Evergrey

Aug 7, 2016
oh yeah.....this is an old bug but its still kinda annoying......when you get Boas serpent as a weapon it crashes the game...was this ever fixed that i didn't know?

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
It was fixed, you need to download the basic girl pack (unfortunately it's a zip archieve containing all the basic packs), if it doesn't work I will find another way to help you - it was just a matter of changing a code line or two

Anteigru

Feb 10, 2020
Do you recall which event it was: cellar (tied up girl or no girl), catgirl, gypsy, adventuring party? You had to roll some sort of challenge to get to the rewards.
I'm afraid I do not remember. It was in skip mode, so it was very brief.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Anteigru: Wait a second, did you or did you not make a challenge roll (the bit where you have opposing dice)? If you didn't, it could be more complicated.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Leortha: It's the basic 'starter' pack that's dead. Not everyone has the time or wants to trawl through threads with pagecounts in the dozens.

And it's not just the basic girl pack, but the game's Mega link has been iced as well. Whoever posted those got his ass busted for some reason.

The other uploads are live, though.

As a user, I never liked Mega, anyway. :p But it's handy for pack creators, I guess.

Edit: Actually, this looks like a good moment to contemplate making a new 'basic' girl pack. Since Goldo seems to be busy, perhaps a 'community edition' is in order?

I don't know if that's exactly a good place for it, but Neronero's custom Fran pack might fit, and Leortha's been releasing lots of updated and otherwise quality packs of late. One might also consider an 'alternative' pack made of real girls. That'd be mostly zotscheetter's work, I imagine.

Edit3: I think Lokplart's Elise was too customised to fit into a 'basic' pack, which is a pity.

Edit2: Upon further reflection, perhaps at least some of the promotional pictures in the first post should also be replaced with screenshots that demonstrate the 'sim' aspect of the game? What's there right now is bland enough that I wouldn't have looked twice except for the words Sim Brothel and the trainer/simulation tags.

Last edited:

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
I understood that, but didn't have the ability to fix the issue directly, so I gave potentially helpful advice for the general situation. <shrug>

As for the front post, we have two issues. You've already laid out the first issue.

The other issue is that the thread OP is owned by a dead account. It appears to have been a formerly prominent member on the F95 site, but has not posted in over a year.

My thoughts on the use issue is that, with 0.2 coming (hopefully soon) we wait till it releases, and one of us more active members here posts a brand new thread for 2.0. At that point we mostly abandon this thread for the new one.

If we are going to go with the idea of a new thread upon 0.2 release, we can plan out exactly what we want to say and link in it either here or back on the BK home forum.

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Leortha: Good points. I don't know if it's allowed to give a game multiple threads here on F95, though? If it is, I nominate Kite80, since he's been active and fronting the other thread for quite a while now.

And planning would go better over at HHS, since most creators are there and we can have a separate topic for it, not a corner of this mega-thread here.

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
Ok. I now know the path forward.

I was recommended to "report" the top thread. I did, and the report was rejected, as I did not state exactly what needed to be changed. Very well.

So whenever we are ready to change things, we just need to do a Report of the OP, and detail out what needs to change. I figure if we just want to change the links, we can do that in a report directly. If we want to change up the entire front post, including the thread title, such as when 0.2 releases, we can design a new top post over on HHS, post the new top one here in a normal post on the thread, and then do a Report requesting that the new one be copied to the top of the thread.

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019

HHSC forum thread for planning out what we would like to request be updated on the OP.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
I read about the reporting thing, so I tried to report the thread once again, asking for a substitution of thread manager since the guy wo posted it is now inactive. I'll let you know what admins answer me. If they accept to allow one of us to fully edit this discussion, we can change anything in the OP without asking a mod every time it's needed.

wep

Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 16, 2016
Hi Kite80 ,

There is no such thing as an inactive OP. We are a team.

So you just need to create a post here with a link of the new version or stuffs that must be fixed and report it. We will do it asap.

Thanks

Reactions: DougTheC and Kite80

Lolzoke

Jul 14, 2017
My BK is horribly laggy as of late and becomes nigh unplayable (i have 300 girls if it matters). The issue seems to occur after ~30s - 2min on a screen as if there is a memory leak. It goes away after I advance day a couple times, or leave that screen but the issue always come back. I've been trying to figure out why but I didn't have this issue prior to getting a new PC that is about 10 times better. I deleted every _bk.ini I had because I had been getting tons of errors for them prior but the game was still playable prior to the new PC. I'll probably just do a reinstall of the game but figure I'd ask just in case. Anyone have any idea?

Edit: On that note - the OP mega link is dead. Also, what's the latest patch? I know its not always clearly posted...

Last edited:

Tidalbore

Dec 31, 2017
i have 300 girls if it matters
Potentially, if by "have 300 girls" you mean you followed some of the modding advice here and made it so you have 300 girls in your brothel, yeah, that can cause issues. There is also, in general, slow down that occurs as you progress through the chapters, unlocking new areas and being able to hold more girls in your brothel, just because each chapter is that much more data the game has to track.

For example, in the first chapter, you only have access to the slums, and a total of 6 slots for girls between the brothel and farm. Putting stores and other special locations aside for a moment, the slum itself has 6 areas to visit, and each of the 6 areas can have a maximum of 3 girls present, for a total of 18 free girls running around maximum. Combine this number with the 6 slots between the brothel and farm, and you get a maximum of 24 girls outside of the slave market that the game has to keep track of, with all the stats included.

Fast forward a few chapters, however, to around chapter 4, and you now have access to 5 areas. Each of those areas has 6 subsections, and each subsection can still hold a maximum of 3 girls, so now you are looking at up to 90 free girls the game has to keep track of, with all relevant stats, personalities, etc. Combine that with the brothel and farm (which can hold 4 times the chapter number and 2* the chapter number respectively), and you get a total of 114 girls the game is keeping track of outside the slave market (I would include that too, but while the number varies it has a set range that doesn't vary by chapter). When you stop to think of everything the game has to keep track of about each girl in your employ, that is a massive chunk of data that the game needs to process in order to keep things running. That also isn't accounting for the additional stores, material sites, mechanics, side stories, etc that also come with the chapter increase either. All in all, the further you go chapter wise, the more slow-down you start to see, even on a brand new machine.

There is no real "fix" for this, because the game needs to keep track of all that data to function, and you can only optimize the process so much. That being said, it sounds like there might be something screwy going on with your install, because this particular problem doesn't really "go away," so a fresh install could help if the slowdown isn't related to the general issue of increasing numbers of variables.

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes